This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Britain - Movie News/Disscussion/Speculation

Is Gerard Butler to play Captain Britain?

Though it may only be a rumor, it seems that the '300' star is being lined up to play the UK's greatest superhero!

A Hollywood Insider has told the website 'ShowbizSpy' the following,

"This would be a different angle on the usual superhero movies and not just because it is set outside of the US."

"It will be darker and grittier than movies like Spider-Man and Iron Man — kind of like Marvel’s answer to The Dark Knight."

"There are few British actors who could take the title role but Gerard is the clear favorite. He’s perfect for it."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=9455

All an other dark comic book movie, hope it is like Watchman, awesome, anything less dark than that and I will be disappoint. Now who is this captain Britain.

just looked it up on wikipedia
    Last edited by knowles2; 23 August 2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Now who is this captain Britain.just looked it up on wikipedia
      Ok, incase other people dont know, brief summery:

Captain Britain (Brian Braddock), briefly known as Britannic, is a fictional character, a superhero appearing in the comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character was originally meant to be the British equivalent of Captain America. Endowed with extraordinary powers by the legendary magician Merlyn and his daughter Roma, Captain Britain was assigned to uphold the laws of Britain. He become leader of the British superhero team Excalibur, consisting of himself, his lover Meggan, and several onetime members of the X-Men and related mutant teams. He Later worked with British government agency MI: 13. He is also the fraternal twin brother of X-man, Psylocke

Last edited by Madwelshboy; 25 August 2009, 12:18 AM.

Comment

And there was me thinking this was just a bad joke

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          And there was me thinking this was just a bad joke
          Why did you think that?

Comment

Because Captain Britain just sounds like a spoof of Captain America.

Comment

you think that's bad, ever hear of the other british marvel hero, "Union Jack"?
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                you think that's bad, ever hear of the other british marvel hero, "Union Jack"?
                Well I did not until I read about captain Britain. Then I found out that Britain seem to have just as many super heroes as America, hay it not my fault I spent 2 hours reading up on British comic books heroes.

Comment

Working...
                X