Are Goa'uld Motherships Practical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Goa'uld Motherships Practical?

We assume that the rebel Jaffa has control of the majority of the remaining ha'tak class vessels in the milky way. In Season 8, we are told by Jacob Carter, that there are at least 100 mother ships (more than likely there are way more) in the galaxy. Goa'uld Technology has a bad reputation for being extremely unreliable and difficult in repairing (Well in my mind anyways). The rebel Jaffa are way in over there heads with this technology. Wouldn't it be more practical at least in the long haul to being to build their own ships and weapons systems.

I don't like the assumptions your arguments are based on.
    Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Well see It's not as simple as why dont they build their own ships, they can't do that because they dont know how to. Ha'tak are good ships just because the jaffa cant replace them dont mean that they are inpractical.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
        Constructive.

I think what we need to find out is, do the Jaffa know how to build Ha'tak vessels? They were used as slaves by the Goa'uld to construct them for many years but can they make them independently? If so, then I don't think there is any need for the Jaffa to build different vessels, especially if they can build Al'kesh and Death Glider class ships.
        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
          Constructive.

I think what we need to find out is, do the Jaffa know how to build Ha'tak vessels? They were used as slaves by the Goa'uld to construct them for many years but can they make them independently? If so, then I don't think there is any need for the Jaffa to build different vessels, especially if they can build Al'kesh and Death Glider class ships.

I personally think that they now how to, as youve said they built them for the goa'uld for many years, and i remember in one episode seeing the pyramid part of the Ha'tak building itself partially, so technology comes into it. But that technology is probably available to them now anyway.

Moving on, the Ha'tak class mothership is widely critisised for many good reasons. It's weak shields couple with near useless weapons make it an easily destroyed vessel, and it's speed is not all that great either. All around the ship is one of the worst seen in the Stargate-verse.

If the Jaffa could build more ships, we should really give them degraded versions of asgard shields and weapons.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Or we use Ha'tak to build a new version of a common transport ship, with faster hyper drives and stronger shields, but we install Asgard APBW only on our own transport ships, when Jaffa and Tokra can install the weapon they have.

Comment

Goa'uld technology is nearly maintenance free. It has to be because even the highest ranking Jaffa is trained t think of it as magic.

Lower level Goa'uld handle construction and research. All those symbionts the Jaffa carried around had to go somewhere.

Comment

oh this is kind of funny. you have a bunch people living in huts that considers Goauld tech to be magic forbidden to them, remember ep 3 in Sg1, and now they are asked to construct huge space ships with technology thousands of years advanced for them as if they were lego blocks. honestly if you gave a bunch adults instructions to build a huge lego space ship on their own without supervision they probably wont do it right.

Ok lets say that some how they are able to assemble many and many ships without error. What about running the ship. The ships wont just obey you with the touch of an ON button. For a ship that massive with that many functions, it would require very experienced people to monitor it, to prevent things from overloading etc etc. So do the Jaffas have that kind of engineering skills for that? Can they do basic algebra first of all?

Comment

well if you ask me, yes. Jaffa's are operating the Ha'tak vessels and Tokra can help them with engineering if help is needed. And if they ask for help we will assist as well

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                    well if you ask me, yes. Jaffa's are operating the Ha'tak vessels and Tokra can help them with engineering if help is needed. And if they ask for help we will assist as well
                    You know that would have resolved many of issues in SG1, but was never mentioned. The Tokra probably thought that now the goauld are gone they would be living in big cities out in the open and traveling from planet to planet and actually having a normal civilization, but unfortunately they got no ships, no weapons, and still have relation problems with the jaffa.

Comment

They were practical under the Goa'uld...after all they helped enslave most of the galaxy. They only seem weak compared with uber 304's.

Dragon heart are you on Imperion?

sigpic

Comment

Very true. When fighting one another, they were very good, and until we got the asguard beams, or ZPMed ships, we were usually held to a draw against them.

Comment

they never had meny real battle apart from each other so the ship didnt need to be uber

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            Goa'uld technology is nearly maintenance free. It has to be because even the highest ranking Jaffa is trained t think of it as magic.

Lower level Goa'uld handle construction and research. All those symbionts the Jaffa carried around had to go somewhere.
                            True, when it's not under distress but when fighting an ememy and the something breaks, its not so easy to repair. Sorry for the over simplification.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
                              I'm sorry if I made too many assumptions but there is little evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X