space station as the sgc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

space station as the sgc

What i dont get is they can make intergalactic battle cruisers that but they cant make a space station to replace the sgc. I mean if they did that i would eliminate a lot of problems that the sgc face. So if the sgc was compromised there would be no immediate risk to the population.

well instead of a visable target like the station would provide in case of an attack they would have to find the sgc. also since the sgc is on the ground they can get troops over there real quickly instead of having to get them into orbit dock and all of that jazz.
    time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
    sigpic

Comment

i no it sounds cool but it makes new problems like supplys and power

Comment

Originally posted by burny View Post
        What i dont get is they can make intergalactic battle cruisers that but they cant make a space station to replace the sgc. I mean if they did that i would eliminate a lot of problems that the sgc face. So if the sgc was compromised there would be no immediate risk to the population.
        Space Stations use a lot of resources when build. It would illogical for Stargate Command to build one. Earth needs 304's to defend against aliens and not a big hunk of metal in space waiting to be blown up.

Comment

And also. We haven't even built a dedicated transport ship, and so why would we even think of making a floating SGC?
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
            And also. We haven't even built a dedicated transport ship, and so why would we even think of making a floating SGC?
            True, why go to all the trouble of building a "floating SGC" when you already have a grounded one.

Comment

What maybe be good to do is install Asgard transport platform inside gate room inside SGC to transport possible dangerous stuff off the planet on a space station or a Moon base?

So in case that someone, who is not welcome inside the SGC can be transported on alternative location and there exposed to open space or some other security protocol...

Comment

A big space station equipped with allot of power generators and with weapons and shields could be an asset to the defences of Earth, but it would be really costly and you woudl need multiple to cover all areas on Earth, I believe 6 would be needed at minimum, with one being the new sgc

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

We don't need multiple bases. We need defence satellites, with one powerful APBW and we install something like 20-30 of it around the planet. So at least 10-15 satellites can fire on a single target if needed. If we would have something like that when superhive attacked we would defeat them.

If we would need to build a base, that a base size of a Midway station with Asgard Shields, 8 APBW and simple Hyper drive will be more than enough.

Because if this base is for use around the planet Earth what the base has to do in case of attack and shield failing is to jump on the other side of the planet and than attack again after shields are up and ready for another 12 rounds .

Or we can install 2 shields on the base, meaning that when first shield is on 10%, secondary shield turns on and the first one turns off and they exchange every time they are 90% depleted. That would be a good scenario for planetary defence.

Comment

but to cover the entire planet in case of a siege we will need more then one space station if using those. And yes orbital defence satellites should be build.

With onboard an APBW, a set of railguns, shield generators and powergeneration plus ammo

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

no, all should be beam weapons, because projectile ammo takes to much space and it can be depleted (transport is expensive ). APBW and some smaller beam weapons would be just fine.

And we need multiple backups like APBW powered F-302 fleets from multiple countries and at least 2 304's near the planet. I think that this combination would be powerful enough to defend our planet.

In case not we can still transform our satellites in to a space mines or something like that. But in case that our 304's are destroyed, not before.

Comment

why dont we have something simler to a on cannon on the ground and then beam wepon in orbit

Comment

regarding on ground cannons. there are 2 logical reasons:

1. cannons can not reach ships before they reach our orbit and than it's hard to deny that there wasn't any invasion on our planet

2. and even if we could destroy the ship before it reach our orbit it would be hard for us to hide like 30 cannons around the whole planet, because we would have to use closed army zones in US, UK, Europe, Russia, China, Australia, etc.

Comment

that not hard if they ever fired one all that they would say is it is wepons test

Comment

well, the bigger question is how to explain the beam weapon, because laser weapons ATM are not operational.... because it has no sense of sending projectile weapons against distant targets.

Comment

Working...
                              X