X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXv9Kgb59xM
    What a trailer! These visual effects are amazing. I love the music too and the girls will get theirs best male actors as well. I can't wait to see this movie, because it was time to make a creative film with this CGI technologies.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

not to mention it is the last movie starring Heath Ledger.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

I feared it will be popular because of him, but my opinion changed dramatically after I had watched this trailer. Heath Ledger is wonderful as you mentioned him and I am happy that his actor friends continued his last performance and they gave theirs salaries to his daugther, Matilda.

It seems they made something very unique, while the digital sets can support it in a such, not intrusive way. Other films have full of CGI scenes, but they have weak stories, because the stories are written to serve these action-packed scenes. But this film seems to be better and I hope it can become a fantastic journey behind the viewers' imagination.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I went to see it last saturday.
        I liked it.
        Fantasy is predominant in this movie. You have to be quite open minded for this style of film. If you like rationality and non absurdity, you will find it too weird.
        I found it a bit slow to start, but when people start going through the magic mirror, things become more exciting.
        The problem now is that I have this song "we are the children of the world" stuck in my head...
        If you go to watch it, stay in the theater until the very end. There is an extra after the credits. (but it's unusual :
        Spoiler:
        it's the first time I "saw" a non visual bonus, but only sound

Comment

I've been wanting to see this for a long time, it looks very creative similar to a Tim Burton film.

Comment

Working...
          X