new method for intergalactic travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new method for intergalactic travel

okay, so i have an idea about how we can get a 304 from earth to atlantis in the pegasus galaxy in under 30 seconds.

now i first got the idea when i was rewatching season 9 and 10 of sg1 specifically "ex dues machina" and "the quest". now in those episodes i saw the promethius beam an entire sky scraper off the ground and into orbit and people beamed into merlins obelisk and through the gate and then rematerialized on the other planet. now when i put these 2 ideas together it hit me.

we use asgard beaming technology to beam an entire 304 into into a buffer, then we dial atlantis, using one of the zpms we got from the whole EATG incident, and then transmit the contents of the buffer to an identical one on atlantis that then rematerializes the ship in orbit. total travel time under a minute.

we could also use the intergalactic gate bridge if it is ever repaired if for some reason the zpms arent available.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
    okay, so i have an idea about how we can get a 304 from earth to atlantis in the pegasus galaxy in under 30 seconds.

now i first got the idea when i was rewatching season 9 and 10 of sg1 specifically "ex dues machina" and "the quest". now in those episodes i saw the promethius beam an entire sky scraper off the ground and into orbit and people beamed into merlins obelisk and through the gate and then rematerialized on the other planet. now when i put these 2 ideas together it hit me.

we use asgard beaming technology to beam an entire 304 into into a buffer, then we dial atlantis, using one of the zpms we got from the whole EATG incident, and then transmit the contents of the buffer to an identical one on atlantis that then rematerializes the ship in orbit. total travel time under a minute.

we could also use the intergalactic gate bridge if it is ever repaired if for some reason the zpms arent available.
    Hmm... thats quite an interesting idea. However, I don't think it'd work with being able to transfer it to the buffer. It's just WAY to big of an object to ship over. However, if we had a supergate, then that'd work.
    sigpic
    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The buffer would have to be bigg? and what if it stopped working then yeah.. i'd say send the people through separately. But why even bother with using the stargate when you can use the new wormhole drive
      I don't think we're ever in that much need to get to pegasus though? and if we were wouldn't it be easier, and safer, if we just took the zpm from the sgc and put that on the 304? then we'd get there in about 4 days and have the extra shield power if we're going to be in a fight[:
      Originally posted by Major Mike David View Post
      Hmm... thats quite an interesting idea. However, I don't think it'd work with being able to transfer it to the buffer. It's just WAY to big of an object to ship over. However, if we had a supergate, then that'd work.
      yes but with a supergate the wraith could possibly maybe get back through to earth..

Comment

the size of the stargate and the size of the object wouldnt really matter since the object is in the form of a matterstream. i mean it basically like shotting a beam through a stargate that is captured by the buffer on atlantis and then rematerialized. its basically like bypassing the stargates own means of dematerializing matter and just using the wormhole that the stargate generates to transfer the contents of the buffer to another buffer on atlantis.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgified View Post
          The buffer would have to be bigg? and what if it stopped working then yeah.. i'd say send the people through separately. But why even bother with using the stargate when you can use the new wormhole drive
          I don't think we're ever in that much need to get to pegasus though? and if we were wouldn't it be easier, and safer, if we just took the zpm from the sgc and put that on the 304? then we'd get there in about 4 days and have the extra shield power if we're going to be in a fight[:

yes but with a supergate the wraith could possibly maybe get back through to earth..
          so far weve never had a problem with asgard beaming technology and theres proboly a lot of safeguards in place to prevent it from just breaking. i mean its really just like using a supergate except were only using a regular stargate so we have to bypass the gates own means of dematerialization and just use the wormhole that it generates to transfer the contents of the buffer to the one on atlantis.

and the upside to doing this instead of just putting the zpm onto the ship is that you only have one zpm so you can only send one ship whereas you could send multiple ships using this method which would be useful if atlantis was being attacked.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
            so far weve never had a problem with asgard beaming technology and theres proboly a lot of safeguards in place to prevent it from just breaking. i mean its really just like using a supergate except were only using a regular stargate so we have to bypass the gates own means of dematerialization and just use the wormhole that it generates to transfer the contents of the buffer to the one on atlantis.

and the upside to doing this instead of just putting the zpm onto the ship is that you only have one zpm so you can only send one ship whereas you could send multiple ships using this method which would be useful if atlantis was being attacked.
            Well we haven't had problems with the Asgard beaming because the most we ever transport at a time is maybe a dozen people. There was the time we transported that building but it was an abandoned building that was about to blow up so I don't think we were really too concerned if we didn't grab the whole building or if wasn't completely intact after being rematerialized. If we were to beam a 304 through the stargate and even just a few hundred atoms were out of place in the right spot, the naquadriah reactor could immediately blow up on the other side or the ship could end up being torn apart when entering hyperspace. If it were even possible to use the Asgard beaming tech to safely send a 304 through the stargate my guess is that we would need a separate ZPM to power the beaming device on both sides in addition to the ZPM's to power the stargates. We also have to remember that it's a common tactic for both the Goauld (assuming there are any left with powerful fleets) and Wraith to tie up the stargate while attacking so it might not be a good idea to rely solely on this tactic for instant backup.

In my opinion, having more ZPM powered 304's would definitely be better option probably at least until we have a dozen or so ships. It's not like we would probably even need our ships right away since with a ZPM powering Atlantis' long-range sensors we could detect an approaching Wraith hive ship from far enough away to get a ZPM-powered 304 to Atlantis before the hive ship arrives...If the ZPM that was powering the chair at Area 51 survived the Wraith attack and all 3 of Atlantis' ZPM's are still working after sending Atlantis back to Pegasus we would have enough extra ZPM's to put one on the Daedalus, Apollo and Hammond (and noone cares about the Sun Tzu cuz it's Chinese )...

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
              Well we haven't had problems with the Asgard beaming because the most we ever transport at a time is maybe a dozen people. There was the time we transported that building but it was an abandoned building that was about to blow up so I don't think we were really too concerned if we didn't grab the whole building or if wasn't completely intact after being rematerialized. If we were to beam a 304 through the stargate and even just a few hundred atoms were out of place in the right spot, the naquadriah reactor could immediately blow up on the other side or the ship could end up being torn apart when entering hyperspace. If it were even possible to use the Asgard beaming tech to safely send a 304 through the stargate my guess is that we would need a separate ZPM to power the beaming device on both sides in addition to the ZPM's to power the stargates. We also have to remember that it's a common tactic for both the Goauld (assuming there are any left with powerful fleets) and Wraith to tie up the stargate while attacking so it might not be a good idea to rely solely on this tactic for instant backup.

In my opinion, having more ZPM powered 304's would definitely be better option probably at least until we have a dozen or so ships. It's not like we would probably even need our ships right away since with a ZPM powering Atlantis' long-range sensors we could detect an approaching Wraith hive ship from far enough away to get a ZPM-powered 304 to Atlantis before the hive ship arrives...If the ZPM that was powering the chair at Area 51 survived the Wraith attack and all 3 of Atlantis' ZPM's are still working after sending Atlantis back to Pegasus we would have enough extra ZPM's to put one on the Daedalus, Apollo and Hammond (and noone cares about the Sun Tzu cuz it's Chinese )...
              first of all, 304s dont use naquadria reactors because naquadria is extremely rare and its no longer nessisary because we use asgard hyperdrives that dont need as much power as our first "crude" version did.

secondly, it shouldnt matter how big or complex the thing your beaming is because as long as the transporter is capable of beaming an object the size of a 304, which it is, then it would be as safe as it would be beaming a single person. i dont see any evidence that suggests that asgard beaming technology becomes more dangerous and unsafe when you beam large objects and i dont see why it would be either.

and the promethius didint need a zpm to beam a sky scraper into space so its pretty safe to say that you wouldnt need a zpm to beam a 304 through the stargate.

and assuming that this method is completely safe, and i see no reason why it shouldnt be, it would be faster than spending 4 days to send a ship to the pegasus galaxy. plus with this method you could send a fleet of ships one at a time through the stargate as opposed to sending maybe 2 zpm powered 304s to fight off potentially a fleet of wraith hive ships.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

just directly toss the Matter stream through the stargate

Comment

if we had a supergate nd zpm couldnt we just fly through?

Comment

Originally posted by AnoodleJ View Post
                    if we had a supergate nd zpm couldnt we just fly through?

you would need a supergate in the pegasus galaxy and not only do we not know how to make one but putting one in pegasus would give the wraith a direct route into this galaxy and my way allows us to send our ships back and forth via atlantis but not the wraith.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I don't think the buffer of a regular sized Stargate could handle that amount of matter in the buffer at once....
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                        I don't think the buffer of a regular sized Stargate could handle that amount of matter in the buffer at once....
                        yes it proboly wouldnt but im not using the stargates buffer merely the wormhole in order to basically shoot the matterstream through the wormhole to an identical asgard beaming device on atlantis that would rematerialize the ship in orbit.

bassically all im going is transfering the 304s pattern from the buffer of the trnsportation device used to dematerialize the 304 and transfering it to another one on atlantis and since its already dematerialized the gate wouldnt need to dematerialize it again and so it wouldnt even need to use the gates buffer.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                        X