Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking the 304's are good, and very versatile ships, but u cant use them for ever as there will eventualy be another ship that will be able to destroy it, so in keeping with the trend, i started to wonder if there will ever be a 305, type of ship something like a drednaught sort of class, and what would it look like, any ideas?

well, the writers said there wont be a 305 anytime soon. but its most likely gonna be a 304-sized ship with more asgard incorporated tech

Comment

eum, there are at least 2 305 threads already... care to use the search function?
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
        eum, there are at least 2 305 threads already... care to use the search function?
        Search for "305" with pretty much all different options tried yields this result

Sorry - no matches. Please go back and try some different terms.
        It couldn't even find this thread..
        Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
        Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
          Search for "305" with pretty much all different options tried yields this result

It couldn't even find this thread..
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...highlight=x305

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
          Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I believe Earth needs smaller hyperspace capable ships, instead of using the 304 for simple scouting or picking up teams (when needed).

It's a negative about the upcoming series, we probably won't see our progress much until the SG-1 and SG:A movies.

Comment

Maybe we'll get a fourth show eventually, and it'll center around us and our exploits again, and maybe this time it won't feature just one team of 4 people who are the only humans competent enough to do things right.

Comment

seeing as they can only pump out 1 304 a year, 2 if there lucky, its likely they'ed focus on making more 304's at a faster pace then stop and design a whole new ship class...

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                  I believe Earth needs smaller hyperspace capable ships, instead of using the 304 for simple scouting or picking up teams (when needed).
                  agreed, something like the al'kesh or like the regular goa'uld transport ships
                  The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hjalmar View Post
                    agreed, something like the al'kesh or like the regular goa'uld transport ships
                    Yeah they deffinatly need a mid range bomber like an al'kesh something that can do little attacks or rescues

Comment

I still think the next Earth ship should be a puddle jumper equivalent. Maybe give it a small hyperdrive too, so that if something happens to the gate at the world it's on, it can make it to the next nearest gate.

Comment

Well, I'd like to see Earth having an advanced, full-sized ship as much as anyone, but I rather think it takes all of our presently available resources to produce even the 304s, at a rate of about one a year. You see, a race has to not only have the know-how, but also be wealthy and powerful enough to be able to build a large ship. We have been at it for about 5 years and have already created (with most tech borrowed) fearsome mid-sized ships. As I said, I'd like a mile-long cruiser on the show very much, just to see us kicking some ass for a change, but it seems nowhere near damn likely from the in-universe perspective. I guess we'll have to keep scouring Pegasus galaxy for more leftover Ancient battleships for now. (If we actually got to keep one that was fully operational, we could go conquering the remaining System Lords right away, for example.)

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                          seeing as they can only pump out 1 304 a year, 2 if there lucky, its likely they'ed focus on making more 304's at a faster pace then stop and design a whole new ship class...
                          Well, the people who designs the ships and the ones who build them aint really the same so there's no problem there.
                          Money is a bigger issue, I can't imagine them building many more 304's and certainly not develop new ships before they will need to start pooling together all of earth's resources and not just rely on their own. Yes there's plenty of countries involved now but those who have 304's pay for it themselves.
                          To progress further the world need to come at peace and start working together instead of working in secret.
                          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                          Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Yeah, u cudn't possibly have a ship bigger and better and having single nations paying for them. U need to slpit the costs.
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

make an international IOA-funded 304 programme. tadaa.

also, a mile-long cruiser might work, but then only to be in pegasus on long-term missions

Comment

Working...
                              X