Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Reviews: Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods (Final Cut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Reviews: Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods (Final Cut)

http://blogcritics.org/video/article...sg-1-children/
    DVD Review: Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods (Final Cut)

EXCERPT: Since I hadn’t seen the pilot episode for quite some time, I had to pull out my original copy from the Season 1 box set and compare it to the new version. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be a drastic difference or if it was just going to be a marketing gimmick with just a few minor changes to the original.

I noticed the differences immediately in the credits. They began as they would in a feature-length film, and gone was the traditional opening credit scene against the backdrop of the Stargate. But there were a lot more changes than just the credits. The special effects were redone, a lot of the dialogue had been shortened up, and the story had some significant changes.
    In the original, Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) has a very gutsy introduction as a woman who can handle her own with the men and even makes a comment about just because her reproductive organs are on the inside doesn’t make her any less of a soldier. It is a little out of character for the Sam we will get to know throughout the series, but I really missed it in the new version.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Pretty straight forward comparison there, Thankyou I think I might buy the new version, just for the extended Teal'c speech.
    One question, has the nudity been removed? As I know this was what put some people intending to buy with a younger audience in mind off buying the original boxset.

EDIT: oops, I hadn't noticed that top paragraph, I skim read too much

Anyways, Kudos for the review
    Last edited by Tawny; 29 July 2009, 08:45 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

<http://www.homecinemachoice.com/playback/dvd/remixed+stargate+pilot+must+see+sf+fans+01+08+09>

Remixed Stargate SG-1 pilot is a must-see for SF fans

Even hardened Stargate SG-1 fans probably didn’t see this one coming: a recut and scored version of the original series pilot from over a decade ago.
      But the big surprise is just how compelling the end result is.

Essentially a pet project of executive producer Brad Wright, this feature-length episode now looks as if it was made months rather than years ago, thanks to some cracking new FX and a Listerine fresh edit.

Over seven minutes have been removed from the original, but plenty of new sequences have replaced them.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

I like mine much more.

/shameless self-promotion
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
        X