This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Adventures & other paranormal shows

Do any of you watch Ghost Adventures? Just wondering what you think of it and other paranormal shows.
    sigpic

Wow...thought there'd be some paranormal fans out there...
    sigpic

Comment

Ghost Hunters. Ghost Hunters International.
      Something like that?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
        Ghost Hunters. Ghost Hunters International.
        Something like that?
        Yes...Ghost Hunters and GHI count! However, I do like Ghost Adventures a little more myself.
        sigpic

Comment

I never really like those paranormal shows...I think they are boring! Unless they are made into a real sci-fi/fantasy series full of real ghosts! (Like Ghostbusters!)

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            I never really like those paranormal shows...I think they are boring! Unless they are made into a real sci-fi/fantasy series full of real ghosts! (Like Ghostbusters!)
            ROFL...you're silly.

I like Ghost Adventures followed by GH and the GHI. In dead last place of all paranormal shows would have to be Paranormal State.
            sigpic

Comment

I just watch GH and GHI.

Was great to see them investigate in germany.

So does Fainne.
              I need to get her here, too.
              sigpic

Comment

I just watch GH and GHI.

So does Fainne.
                GH lost a little credibility with me when they staged Grant's coat being tugged in an episode. They did appologize for it, and I've continued to watch the show.

Have you ever seen an episode of Ghost Adventures?

There's also a new show on Animal Planet called Haunted, and its pretty good as well.
                sigpic

Comment

Nope I don't.
                  I'm pretty much obsessed by GHI.
                  Thanks to Fainne.

I just know A Haunted. Is it the same...? ô.O
                  sigpic

Comment

Nope I don't.
                    I'm pretty much obsessed by GHI.
                    Thanks to Fainne.

I just know A Haunted. Is it the same...? ô.O
                    A Haunting is different. Haunted is on Animal Planet. It shows animals detecting hauntings and reacting to them. Then investigaters are brought in see if there's anything to the animals' behavior.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ah alright.
                      I just know A Haunting.
                      It's on german tv...does have different name...I think the right translation would be Cursed.

And of ep of it scared the hell out of me. XD
                      sigpic

Comment

Ghost Adventures: Execution Rocks 12/18/09 9:00pm EST

On a tiny, deserted island in the middle of Long Island Sound, lies Execution Rocks Lighthouse. Etched into a landscape of rocks and isolated by water, the lighthouse's history is full of dark stories of shipwrecks, torture and a serial killer.

Source: Travel Channel

Execution Rocks
                        Western Long Island Sound
                        New York
                        lighthouserestorations.org

In the muddy waters of Long Island Sound off the coast of New Rochelle, NY, low tide reveals a group of menacing and jagged rocks. Known as Execution Rocks, condemned Revolutionary War prisoners and Colonials faced death in these unforgiving waters at the hands of British soldiers. Chained here at low tide, fated prisoners slowly drowned as the tide rose.

By the 19th century this brutal practice had ended, but the area was still a great danger to ships traveling the busy trade and commercial routes of the LI Sound. While some ships were destroyed and others suffered heavy damage, those who owned, stocked and crewed the vessels all agreed that protection from these harmful rocks was necessary.

Therefore, the solitary Execution Rocks Lighthouse was commissioned in1847 when the US Congress appropriated $25,000 for its construction; 20 years later the keeper's quarters were added and the first resident moved in. The beacon protected the island and surrounding waters almost without incident for the next 70 years. At which point, Execution Rock Lighthouse and its surrounding waters became hosts to unimaginable evil.

A Serial Killer’s Dumping Ground

In August 1920, Carl Panzram was a thief in need of a house to rob. At 113 Whitney Ave. in New Haven, CT, he plundered the rooms, making off with pricey goods and some valuable bonds. It wasn't until after he left the residence and was en route to Manhattan that he noticed the name on the stolen bonds: William H. Taft, former President of the United States and now a professor at Yale University. He sold them for top dollar and continued his spree.

In New York, Panzram robbed yachts and boats all over the Long Island Sound before setting his sights on much darker crimes; he began killing in cold blood with the .45 Colt automatic stolen from William Taft's home. Panzram's pattern of killing involved tying rocks to each body, rowing them out to into the Long Island Sound and dumping them just 100 yards from the Execution Rock Lighthouse.

In his autobiography "Killer: A Journal of a Murder," Panzram writes, "In my lifetime I have murdered 21 human beings, I have committed thousands of burglaries, robberies, larcenies, arsons … For all these things I am not in the least bit sorry." Many of Panzram's victims were mercilessly tossed into the waters near Execution Rock Lighthouse.

In 1979, the lighthouse became fully automated. Grateful Coast Guard members happily abandoned shifts involving nightly watches at this lonely island and the waters that claimed so many. With countless souls meeting their end here, it's no wonder that strange sounds have been heard and ghostly images seen at Execution Rock Lighthouse.
                        sigpic

Comment

Boring???? BORING???? i love how they debunk so many so called haunted places. i mean did you see the episode with the ship Queen Mary? when the one bed was supposed to be making itself messy but then they found out someone from the ship staged it? I like these kind of shows - also TV dramas like Ghost Whisperer and Medium.
                          I just watch GH and GHI.

So does Fainne.
                          heehee, i'm here, obviously. thank you for digging this thread out :-*

yeah, i'm a little Barry Fitzgerald obsessed. in my opinion he's the best investigator of the team, he's not as dramatic as some other team members, stays selfcontroled. he also knows a lot about where sounds can origin from (like the surrounding area) how sound is transported and tries new technology. Not to mention his adorable irish accent and handsome look *mind wanders to happy place*

i didn't watch many Ghost shows yet but i'm working on it. currently i watch GH (season 2) afterwards i willwatch GH Academy and so one

Comment

What I really want is another Ghostbusters TV show....

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                              Boring???? BORING???? i love how they debunk so many so called haunted places. i mean did you see the episode with the ship Queen Mary? when the one bed was supposed to be making itself messy but then they found out someone from the ship staged it? I like these kind of shows - also TV dramas like Ghost Whisperer and Medium.
                              I know...I thought it was odd that he found paranormal shows boring. Like you, I like to see them debunk haunted places. I also like listening to the EVPs and seeing other evidence they may get when their working a case.

heehee, i'm here, obviously. thank you for digging this thread out :-*
                              Well, I didn't want my thread to die. Its the only one a created! I'm glad you're here!

yeah, i'm a little Barry Fitzgerald obsessed. in my opinion he's the best investigator of the team, he's not as dramatic as some other team members, stays selfcontroled. he also knows a lot about where sounds can origin from (like the surrounding area) how sound is transported and tries new technology. Not to mention his adorable irish accent and handsome look *mind wanders to happy place*

i didn't watch many Ghost shows yet but i'm working on it. currently i watch GH (season 2) afterwards i willwatch GH Academy and so one
                              I agree...I think Barry is an excellent para-investigator. He does an excellent job.

What I really want is another Ghostbusters TV show....
                              Ghostbusters TV show? Only thing I know of are the Ghostbusters movies and the cartoon that was on the 80s. And of course, there are rumors of a 3rd Ghostbusters movie coming out in 2012.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X