Destiny Ship Design And Model Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny Ship Design And Model Discussion Thread

Hewy there we have recently Got details and pics of the Destiny from the Comic Con Booth.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...verse-footage/

The Design doesnt not seem to fit with the trend in any previous stargate designs, although the texturing does fit with Later Lantians to some extent. Personally i have seen better Ancient-eske Fanships than the model shown. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts and this can become the Hub of Destiny and Universe Ship discussion for the most part.

Immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

seems more like that Gadmeer ship

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

I like what we can see but I can't make a fair assessment until we see the whole ship, when it isn't in hyperspace.

Comment

Looks like a main habitation section in the middle with engineering stuff on either side. I'm not impressed however, by the first impression, through I'll put off serious judgment, it seems so 2D, the flatness takes away from the whole space feel in my opinion.

Comment

Picture isnt very clear, but seems to fallow the whole steampunk retro fealing of the inside-the-ship visuals, which i neither like, nor think its apropriate for a multi-galactic race, advanced enough to send ships to explore the universe.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
            Picture isnt very clear, but seems to fallow the whole steampunk retro fealing of the inside-the-ship visuals, which i neither like, nor think its apropriate for a multi-galactic race, advanced enough to send ships to explore the universe.

Comment

hmmm, it is kinda cool! (coming from a Victorian Goth fan) I like the retro steam-punk feel to it, after all, they must have evolved, and perhaps that was their original design style, out of which they evolved to Atlantis.

On Erath we have allot of different styles of building, this could be the Ancient version of that, just people having a different aesthetics as their fav.

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

Well... For one thing.. I never imagined ancients building something like that..

But when I take into consideration old MW Ancient creations like the headsucker, The ship would fit well into that category.

Interesting shape to be considered indeed. Makes me wonder "why on earth didn't I think of that?!"

Comment

that indeed, I never though it would look like a galor class

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

I would think it to be sorry if
                    Spoiler:

these computers are not on board

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Comment

i think a crystal/metal look with new "alien" looking symbolic decorations etc wouldve been cooler.

we know 1 thing now: clearly the ancients only updated design when a new class was needed.

note: thing i absolutely hate is the asgard influence: the round back and the "wings". this IMO ridicules the other 3 great races in favor of the Ancients
                      Last edited by thekillman; 23 July 2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        i think a crystal/metal look with new "alien" looking symbolic decorations etc wouldve been cooler.

we know 1 thing now: clearly the ancients only updated design when a new class was needed.

note: thing i absolutely hate is the asgard influence: the round back and the "wings". this IMO ridicules the other 3 great races in favor of the Ancients
                        Ditto!

Though looking at it from the point of view, from the ship just looks like a Universe gate chevron

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          Isnt the round part the front?

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Moiety just commented that the shape is similar to that of the destiny cheverons, she is right. Nice catch, its not Asgard, its old Ancient.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

no the round part is the rear, its stated in a blog, though I hope it will turn out to be the front though

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                              X