Time-Looping Ascension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time-Looping Ascension

Use a time dilation device,and a mimic of the time looping technology.

After millions of years of being alive the ancients started to evolve, so i'm thinking, use the time dilation machine to cordon off a particular place and relive the same time for 2,160,000. I get this number by using Unending as a point of reference, since, roughly it seemed that a second of beam movement equated to 25 years of dilated time. Thus, 25*60*60*24 = 2,160,000

The problem with being continually aware that entire time is madness. Episode THE LIGHT 4.18 on planet P4X-347, a device which put a person in a trance for several unto death. Whatever it's purpose, imagine if this caused one's mind to be in a trance through out the loop, which repeated daily for the entire time of 24hours or two million plus years. The looping would be so that the person within the room don't age and die. Since a symbiote is immune to it's negative effects, perhaps a tokra and a human.

Purpose: Imagine if you're alive for a million years, and your memories allows you to mettle or sync with all those years of getting to know yourself and to be able to adapt accordingly. Maybe even copies of the Asgard and Ancient data bases could be placed within the same room. These would and could be tuned to the loop machine, in that way, you can make additions and notes of any revelations you discovered while existing for such extensive period of time, then use the Light device to stave off madness.

About unending, the beam seemed much closer than 1s per 25 years, but regardless, your calculation takes nr of years, minutes, seconds and hours, but you forgot the 365 days in a year.

As for the idea, its a interesting one, even though it would be annoying to relive the same timeframe over and over again (and even then if its a reasonable time frame, lika a year, it wouldnt be so bad). If your goal is ascencion, the time repeating doesnt realy matter as you'll be meditating and whatnot anyway. The biggest problem here is wheather you can ascend without being geneticly advanced, since the looping wont help you with this. I dont see how the light device could help or be needed in any way, though.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Great idea... somewhat similar to that in atlantis of the people in the dome thing that sheppard was trapped in though...
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
        About unending, the beam seemed much closer than 1s per 25 years, but regardless, your calculation takes nr of years, minutes, seconds and hours, but you forgot the 365 days in a year.

As for the idea, its a interesting one, even though it would be annoying to relive the same timeframe over and over again (and even then if its a reasonable time frame, lika a year, it wouldnt be so bad). If your goal is ascencion, the time repeating doesnt realy matter as you'll be meditating and whatnot anyway. The biggest problem here is wheather you can ascend without being geneticly advanced, since the looping wont help you with this. I dont see how the light device could help or be needed in any way, though.
        Sorry about miscalculating. I'd just taken my asthma and glaucoma meds, and sometimes it leaves me so out of it.

I was thinking along the lines of ascension and how it is also a mental component once your brain has 90 percent activity. I remember reading that there are three paths to ascension; Spiritual (meditating and knowing oneself and mind), evolution (you've reached the pinnacle of your species mutations) and mechanical (via devices or by other artificial means).

So I'm thinking the light machine, helps with getting bored or falling into despair because of the extended periods of time, the tokra symbiote is used to aide in mental support and to help resist the side effects of the eventual removal from the light. And the ancient and asgard databases, which could occupy the occupants mind and allow them to know intimately the collective knowledge of the ancients and asgards.

In addition, there should be a means for them to shut the system down when they've reached a few hundred years of repeats, so they could download their memories in case things go south within the time dilation machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          Great idea... somewhat similar to that in atlantis of the people in the dome thing that sheppard was trapped in though...
          that it is, interestingly, they appeared to be closer along the path of evolution, i'm guessing thousands of years were equivalent to maybe hundreds of thousands and or, an ancient lived among them and had half breed human alteran who were closer to ascension than a regular human ever could be.

Sheppard would have ascended too, since they had the power to bring him along. Though Sheppard is so cool, he's more like Kirk, than even Kirk was. This guy made out with pre ascension and ascended beauties, excellent.

EDIT: I'm thinking another way to have a super Powerful Ascended army is to not only use the time dilation device, but imagine if;

Since Atlantis is on earth, they'll be able to use the evolution pad, and then use a time dilation device, then take their evolved subjects (preferably twenty), use the Furlings crystal skulls to slip into that alternative universal state (phased out so the ancients can't interfere) and tell all that any who survives the process must return to the past, within the time dilation bubble, and ascend everyone else. Then ascend dozens of others who would be there as well. Let millions of years pass descending to procreate and then reascend to make their ascended number far more than anything the ancients could oppose, then shut off their dilation device and ascend every one associated with the SGC (those who want to ascend).
          Last edited by Coremae; 17 August 2009, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Another way to ascend is to use Rodney's modified puddle jumper, go back into the distant past using Ba'al/ancients solar flare machine (won't ba'al's clone know of it/What ever happened to alternative universe Cameron Mitchell? I'm sure he'd help in any way he could), modify the jumper with beaming technology and a zpm, go into the past of earth just before the ancients left earth over ten million years ago, modify the jumper with the crystal skulls, while phased out, go about the city and phase back in only to stun/accost ancients, in the purpose of gathering dna, and also placing the memory recording device on their heads to gather their knowledge.

Comment

Only problem I see is that all "evolution" caused while frozen in the time loop would essentially revert. Remember ascention wasn't just mental it was physical as well, and it isn't necessarily linked to how much knowledge you have. Though I'd admit that the ground hog day has a certain appeal if you can control it.
              “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

Comment

Working...
              X