Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGM: The Sounds of Stargate sweeptstakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention all Stargate fans:

No adventure is complete without the right tunes to guide you through every step of the way! Enter now for your chance to win a copy of the "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" or "Stargate: Continuum" original motion picture soundtrack, autographed by composer Joel Goldsmith!

Details at http://stargate.mgm.com/view/contest/1/index.html

Another US only contest
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

It's very depressing

Open to legal residents of any 1 of the 50 US or DC who are at least the age of majority in his/her primary state of residence.

Comment

Yeah.. wish it was possible to open it up to other Countries, like Canada where it's all filmed
        "There are no fish in this pond, are there?"

-- Samantha Carter, "Stargate SG-1: Threads"

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
          Another US only contest
          Oh, theres a surprise, US only stuff really pissed me off, there are millions of fans in other countries, why not give them a chance of winning something for once?????

Comment

awww That stinks that it's only open to the US.

^ Indeed,i agree.
            GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Same with the Open the Gate contests. Why not save themselves some money. And not have to fly the winners that far!!!
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by rob-ward View Post
                Oh, theres a surprise, US only stuff really pissed me off, there are millions of fans in other countries, why not give them a chance of winning something for once?????
                Shipping overseas can be quite expensive.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Who can and cannot enter contests are all decided by laywers. Believe me, I've seen plenty of Canadian and UK contests I can't enter cuz I'm not a citizen of those countries

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    Who can and cannot enter contests are all decided by laywers. Believe me, I've seen plenty of Canadian and UK contests I can't enter cuz I'm not a citizen of those countries
                    I agree. Most of the time, the prizes are better.

I entered this contest through my email. It took me awhile to find where it said......only one entry per email and name.

Comment

There is nothing outside of the USA! *Duh* *OMG*

The world stops at the borders of the states! ( I am really sorry that the other countries don't realize it)

What a way to win friends and influence people!
                      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

The laws surrounding contests, sweepstakes and giveaways vary from country to country. In some countries (including Canada, IIRC), for example, you can't give away a prize by random drawing -- a winner has to demonstrate a skill (e.g. answer a trivia question). And as a company, MGM's primary audience is the U.S. -- they have international partners to work in and with other countries.

I sympathize, but I don't understand why we have to cry foul every time a contest comes up. It's just the way legal restrictions affect the industry. Same reasons why you don't get DVD releases or episode broadcasts at the same time.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                        X