5] Ori mothership
    6] Aurora warship

Fighters.
    1] Dart
    2] 302
    3] Puddle Jumper.
    4] Death glider
    5] Ori fighter

Now we all have our own opinions on who is stronger and who is the quickest and most skilled, etc.
    But here, i want to compare battles, use actual shown proof in the show to prove the strongest ship.
    I now many of you will bet on the Ori to be the strongest, but what i want you all to do is give your view WITH evidence, such as who they have managed to destroy, or how much of a certain shield they were able to drain, how many shots it took etc.
    This won't be for the layed back, if you dont put effort into it and research (or have an good memory) your opinion will not have basis.

Sig by Draygon.

1. Superhive - It owned our non-zpm 304s and had sufficient power to bring Atlantis to it's knees in a few minutes.
    2. Oddesey - It has score multiple toilet lid kills and can stand toe-to-toe with at least 4 toilet lids. There is nothing to believe it could stand toe-to-toe with the superhive or be able to bring atlantis to it's knees as quickly as the superhive did.
    3. ONeil - Whereever the little gray guys dissapeared to, you can bet they've fitted the ONeils with uber beams. While I'm sure the asgard know how to bring down Odesseys shields they'll never face each other in battle. It's difficult to imagine anything short of the Odessey or superhive being able to scratch the paint on an Uberbeam Oneil.
    4. zpm aurora / 304/toilet lids - I have to call this a draw. The apollo and dedy owned the non-zpm auroras they faced. They own hives and we know that drones aren't a serious threat from BAMSRs. You have to assume that a zpm aurora is at least on par with a normal 304. We haven't actually seen anything to make us believe it is better and we know that several zpm auroras were captured by hives (god only knows how many zpm auroras were destroyed or self destructed by the time the wraith accumulated 3 zpms) and the Tria was found wanting so it is difficult to definitively say zpm auroras are better than 304s. Toe to toe you got to believe a toilet lid would be ok against a 304 or zpm aurora.
    5. pre uber beam oniels - do you have to ask?
    6. auroras - unimpressive with respect to 304s. The Orion did take out a hive easily but in truth if the dedy had uber beams at that time the hives would be dead before the orion engaged either ship. Larens aurora did holds its own against the repliauroras but it was clear which ships were the real deal in that fight and for that they slip behind 304s. We are not sure that an aurora can take down a toilet lid or withstand their firepower.

7. repli auroras - Oniels (pre uber beam or not) would rape these ships. We know the wraith suffered losses against these ships and were unwilling to confront a fleet of 30 without 304s being present.
    8. Hive/Anubis superHatak - They can score kills against anything above them (except for superhive, oddesey, uberbeamed Oniel) but would come up short in head to head with the others. Anubis got raped as easily as a hive by drones so it is not ahead.
    9. Hatak/wraith cruiser/Preuberbeamed 304 - This seems to be a fair grouping.
    Last edited by morrismike; 11 July 2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Disregarding all "super" ships like the super-hive and Odyssey (since the likelihood of getting new ZPMs any time soon is pretty nil), I'd have to say that the most powerful ship is the Ori mothership. Its Arcturus-like power source and the fact that it's main beam weapon can destroy a ha'tak in one hit and its pulse weapons can destroy a ha'tak in just a few hits makes it the most powerful in my book.

I'd place the puddlejumper at the top of the fighter list. A 'jumper took out a ha'tak with just a few drones (SG-1 8x13) and the cloak makes it effective at more than just being a fighter. It's also good at infiltration and intelligence gathering.

Comment

My top 3 would be:
        -Superhive, nothing could even scratch this ship, I'm curious to see how the Oddy would've faired against it but considering how badly Atlantis did I can't see it doing much better.
        - Oddy, with it's Asgard beams, enhanced shields and speed, it's one of the most powerful ships.
        - Ori ship, with the uber beam and the near impenetrable shields it has to be one of the most powerful. One on one it fails against the oddy, I'm inclined to believe this is mostly due to the Oddy's speed though, anymore than one and the Oddy would go down as seen in 'unending'. Some would say it would take several Ori ships to take out the oddy based on AoT but in this situation the Oddy was stationary and not firing, all of it's power going to the shields, add to that the replicators could of been enhancing the ship.

Comment

the superhive fought off Atlantis, but Atlantis had two fes at that time. The superhive being a powerful enemy but the atmosphere it had to protect itsself from, bieng continuesly shot deeper into the atmosphere being a drain on the shields. Plus we had the worst shooter we could have in the chair...

In my book Atlantis tops all, followed by the Toilet lid, the O'neill, the Aurora, 304, Anubis Hatak, Apophis Hatak, Another Apophis, 303, Hatak Prototype, Normal Hatak.

Fighters, well ehh the PJ is best on all fronts lol, then comes the 302

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

There realy isnt much hhard evidence to put from the show, as many hsips have been seen rarely and fought only 1-2 type of ships. I.E. hiveships fought only auroras and 304s, hataks ori toilets foght only hataks and 304 (and even then just once), and some ships like asgard O'Neills or wraith cruisers we've barely seen at all. And ofcourse theres the problem with people being biased, like the above poster exonorating atlantis because he's a fan of the ancients. Thus one can only expect to get somewhat rationalized opinions, but not facts based on evidence.

As for my own opinion, it sems like a properly powered wraith ship owns all, fallowed by asgard ships and 304s, since they beat ori ships, unpowered wraith ships fallowed by hataks would be at the bottom.
            Concerning fighters, the pudle jumper is very manuverable and has drones, but its not a fighter, its shields barely exist and its weapons have a limited ammo, so i'd put ori fighters on top. Others are less armed, less manuverable and less resilient.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

I am not biased, atleast not towards the Ancients, I'm an Asgard Fan.

And I can see the Superhive being immensly strong, but I do not think it could kill Atlantis if Atlantis was not hitting the atmoshphere and had Sheppard opr O'neill in the chair.

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

A different person in the chair wouldnt make, say, the shield any stronger, when its already powered by 3 zpms, and the atmosphere is a drop in the ocean compared to weapons that can severly deplete asgard/ancient shields in just a few shots. Carson has one of the strongest ancient genes known anyway. Regardless, i dont think this is quite on topic, is it?

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

I would like to be able to put Atlantis on top of this list, since it's supposed to be the pride and legacy of the Ancients, but I think it's been kinda gimped down in the show. But i'm unsure of weather a APBW-equiped O'Neill would be a match for the Superhive. i do believe that it would be equal or more powerful than the Oddy, due to being 100% made for the tech it's fitted with, and having an adequate powersource.
                  Then comes the Superhive, which was only so powerful due to it's size. if the wraith had made a ship the size of oddy and put a ZPM in it, it wouldn't have been able to go toe to toe with Atlantis.
                  Then comes Atlantis. It's more powerful than most ordinary warships in PG and MW, but let's face it - it's not a warship. It's designed to go where it's got to go, and be able to defend itself from any possible threat (when properly powered and maintained).
                  Then we have the Toiletlids. Great shields and weapons, unknown but aparantly adequate powersource.
                  Then your average 304. Decent power, great shields, weapons and other tech.
                  Then comes the various goa'uld superships, not gonna go into detail, not to sure about them.
                  Then the Anubis ha'taks, i don't think they could handle a 304, since they couldn't take down Prommy.
                  Then we have the Belisknir class. It's a good ship, but in desperate need of updates if it's gonna survive against the new generation.
                  Then comes your average ha'tak, pretty weak, but that's that you get when you use the same design for thousands of years.
                  Last and least, prommy. i really don't like it. Bad power, bad weapons, only decent shields. i doubt it could take down a ha'tak.

fighers are pretty straight forward. PJ will own anything, as long as you have ammo. unfortunatley, i only think they carry 12 drones. I don't have much memory of the Ori fighters, but i suppose they could be a good challenger. only other fighter worth mentioning is the 302, since it has long range weapons and tracking systems. i think darts and DGs are pretty even at the bottom.

EDIT: wow, that's a more than i thought
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by IMDB
                  Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                  Hehe

Comment

Ok, fundamental mistake some of you are making...Odyssey is inferior to Asgard tech because it has been upgraded with Asgard tech. Therefore, a ship completely made of Asgard tech is going to be superior.

Yes, Odyssey has a ZPM. But the Asgard generators are not exactly slackers either.

Pound for pound, I'd put the most advanced Asgard ships on the top of the list. The Ori motherships have a size advantage over them, but if you gave the Asgard extra ships equal to the mass of an Ori mothership...Asgard win.

Odyssey is weak because it is of Tau'ri design. The Asgard had to adapt their advanced technology to work with its pathetic systems. The only reason it survives so well is the plot shields the writers gave it! As Vala said, Earth ships have decent shield technology...that's it. Then they got Asgard upgrades...but that doesn't put them on the level of the Asgard.

Asgard shields vs Wraith bioarmor...Asgard win. Again, they built medium sized ships and used fleets of them rather than having an uber ship. Give them equal mass and they will kick anyone's butt.

The only ones that can beat the Asgard are the replicators, and they have to steal Asgard tech to do it.
                    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Actually Ancient tech is the best pound for pound. A puddle jumper can destroy Ha'taks and cause fatal damage to Hives all ships thousands if not millions of times larger than itself.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

You've got to love the little drones.
                        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          Actually Ancient tech is the best pound for pound. A puddle jumper can destroy Ha'taks and cause fatal damage to Hives all ships thousands if not millions of times larger than itself.
                          Now we're up to fatal damage to Hives. A puddle jumper snuck attacked a hive which had been getting pounded for five or tens minutes and was able to damage it just enough to turn the tide towards the hive that had been firing at it the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                            Now we're up to fatal damage to Hives. A puddle jumper snuck attacked a hive which had been getting pounded for five or tens minutes and was able to damage it just enough to turn the tide towards the hive that had been firing at it the whole time.
                            Is that not fatal damage? We've seen the Asgard beams cause minimal damage to Hives before, yet 6 drones punch straight through the hull and shortly after the afore mentioned Hive explodes. The drones hit the opposite side to what had been shot at, the battle also turned around in seconds. Neither Hive were about to explode much less the ship Sheppard fired upon, perhaps fatal is the wrong word I don't mean to imply I think 6 drones can destroy a Hive in normal circumstances. However they can at least cause significant damage to a Hive.
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Taking just the ships Dragon Heart suggested in his original post I’d have to say it’s gotta be like this with 1 being best and 6 being worst:

Motherships/Battleships in there standard forms eg: without ZPMs:
                              1) Aurora
                              It’s basically a mobile Drone platform capable of launching what appears to be a few Hundred of the things in a matter of seconds (the Orion did that in No Man‘s Land season 3 of SGA).
                              We know the Ori’s followers weren’t too keen on sending their warships alone against Earth’s Ancient outpost in The Road Not Taken, that outpost doesn’t appear to have any shields so when fending off the Ori Mothership in that episode Drones had to have done their work pretty quickly which is why I put the Aurora above the others.
                              IMO I don’t think one on one a 304 could take an Ori warship even with the beam weapons and I think given the amount of drones an Aurora has been shown to fire it could cream a 304 in pretty quick time, especially with an Orion level volley of Drones.
                              Even Orion which was barely working in No Man’s Land appeared to have some pretty tough shields, had Zalenka not used an overkill volley of Drones on one Hive the Aurora could have easily done in both Hives, especially knowing that a few Drones fired on a Hive in The Queen (season 5 of SGA) can turn the tide of a losing battle, I think it was about six, so a few Dozen should be able to kill a Hive IMO.
                              2) Ori Warship
                              A powerful ship, certainly above the ones feature below in my book, mainly as they can knock out a 304’s sub light engines with their first strike, leaving one of those ships dead in the water and it wouldn’t take more than three shots from their main cannons to kill one.
                              In a one on one fight Ha’Taks have no hope as we know, from episodes like Camelot.
                              Raw power of the Ori’s main beam is difficult to gauge as they can cut through Ha’Taks with a single blast and once a 304’s shields are out of the way the hull is pretty easily torn to pieces, but the main cannon sucks against mountains and weak ground, so it could be that it’s designed to work against shields and metal in some way, which IMO would mean it could make pretty light work of a Hive’s armor, maybe dealing a death sentence in only a few shots, but the sheer size of a Hive compared to Ha’Taks and 304s may mean it would take anywhere up to however many times larger a Hive is to their smaller enemy counterparts, but even if that’s the case Ori ships have some very tough shields and a high firing rate from their main cannon which even if it took 20 shots to kill a Hive would only mean as many seconds and since a Hive can’t even kill a standard 304 (which appear to have far weaker shields than Ori ships) in that amount of time when the 304’s shields are fully charged I highly doubt one on one they’d have the strength to bring an Ori ship down.
                              3) 304 (with APBWs)
                              We’ve got a very good multi-purpose vessel in the 304, good shields, fast enough and with Asgard beam weapons they can defeat most things they’re pitched against in a one on one battle and not forgetting the scope for massively upgrading with added power from ZPMs.
                              Against Hives, Cruisers and Ha’Taks 304s would undoubtedly win one on one.
                              Depending on how powerful a standard 304’s APBWs are compared to Odyssey’s it could take a few more shots than the 6 it took Odyssey to bring down the 2 Ori ships in Unending, but even if they‘re equal it would only take a single strike from the Ori‘s main cannon to cripple a standard 304 as has been seen in Camelot.
                              4) Hive
                              Great in packs, but pretty easily defeated one on one against a 304, Auroras and of course I doubt they can stand toe to toe against an Ori ship in their standard form because of the strength of Ori shields and the main beams devastating effect on ship hulls.
                              I doubt a Ha’Tak’s weapons or shields would be strong enough for Ha’Taks to stand one on one against a Hive, since they appear to be much less powerful than a 304
                              5/6) Wraith Cruiser
                              These can be easily defeated by 304s, Auroras and are no where near as powerful or tough as a Hive.
                              They appear to be slightly stronger than a Ha’Tak IMO, although it’s difficult to gauge so they could be about level with Ha’Taks.
                              5/6) Ha’Tak
                              About one of the weakest ships of the list IMO, maybe level with a Wraith Cruiser.

Fighters:
                              1) Puddle Jumper
                              Very capable transport, Drones make them a formidable fighter/shuttle, they can have shields too, whilst the cloak makes sneak attacks possible.
                              2) 302
                              Very effective, capable of dispatching Darts and Death Gliders, as well as Al’Kesh
                              Joint 3rd:
                              Darts

Creamed by 302s, potentially level with the below fighters, although they may be a little more manoeuvrable than Death gliders.
                              The ability to be deployed through the Stargates makes them pretty handy too, although the same may be said of Ori Fighters.
                              Death Gliders
                              I think these did kinda hold their own against the Ori’s fighters, although I believe they were backed up Al’Kesh in Flesh and Blood (season 10 of SG1)
                              Ori Fighters
                              Pretty fast, maybe below Darts and Death Gliders, but it’s difficult to say for shore.

Comment

Working...
                              X