This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade prequel

Rumor: Will Blade prequel center on Deacon Frost?

It's easy to forget that before Stephen Norrington's original 1998 Blade movie, Wesley Snipes was perhaps best known to sci-fi fans as the blond psycho Simon Phoenix in Demolition Man and vampires were mainly adolescent dreamboats a la Buffy.

But the original Blade added a much-needed dose of bad-assery to the genre and created a durable (if somewhat faded) franchise that helped Marvel become the movie powerhouse it is today.

Now comes word that Norrington is planning a Blade prequel of sorts to feature the character of Deacon Frost (Stephen Dorff), and that Dorff is the guy who came up with the idea.

Norrington confirmed the news, first reported in the Sunday Mail, to Comics2Film:

Dorff told UK's The Sunday Mail that the new movie would be "a prequel to the Blade movies, Deacon's story. It's a new trilogy the director has created. It will [be] cool."

Norrington confirmed the news although said the movie is "not exactly how the article describes but close."

The director credits Dorff with coming up with the idea for the new project, which "has evolved into a very interesting story."
    http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/rumor-w...de-prequel.php

If this gets made, I will definitely check it out. I enjoyed the Blade movies, and the character of Deacon in the first one.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Stephen Dorff is so cool in the first Blade film. This sounds pretty good!

Also, a Nightstalkers spin-off film would also rock!
      sigpic

Comment

I love all of the Blade films, this would definitely be one to check out. Deacon was a great character. The prequel thing worked well for Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, so why not Blade? Bring it on!

Comment

Marvel Movies of the Future!

Blade Reboot
          Release Date: TBD
          Development Status: The best thing about Blade: Trinity is that you can't do much worse than that, making the Daywalker's return to better fare that much easier. While nothing is official from Marvel's camp regarding Blade's return, one can expect that reboot fever will soon touch one of Marvel's earliest success stories.

That return may come in the form of Deacon Frost prequel, however. In July 2009, IGN reported that director Stephen Norrington is working on a prequel trilogy based in the same universe, and centered around Blade's main villain, played in the first film by Stephen Dorff. No word yet on how exactly the idea, which Dorff came up with, will dovetail into the first three films, or what Blade's roll will be, if any. Also, Norrington is not officially attached to this project, at least not on Marvel's dance card. So at this point, it sounds like some dumb muthaf@#!er's trying to ice skate uphill…whatever that means. This is rumor at best and direct-to-DVD at worst. The last story headlining Blade can't be that which Spike TV canceled after one season. So dust off the sunglasses, Wesley.
          http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10199

Comment

Wasn't there at some time suppose to be a Blade 4 set in the near future after a vamp apocalypse?

How is this "Blade" if it is about Deacon Frost, I am assuming Wesley Snipes will not be in it? Sorry to say but there is only one actor that can do Blade, I sure hope they are not looking to get some punk kid to play Blade.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
              Wasn't there at some time suppose to be a Blade 4 set in the near future after a vamp apocalypse?

How is this "Blade" if it is about Deacon Frost, I am assuming Wesley Snipes will not be in it? Sorry to say but there is only one actor that can do Blade, I sure hope they are not looking to get some punk kid to play Blade.
              I always thought that Michael Jai White would have been a better blade than Wesley.
              sigpic

Comment

Big fan of the Blade movies as well as the series. So would check this out!!!
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                  Big fan of the Blade movies as well as the series. So would check this out!!!
                  I was mainly a fan of the movies, but would definitely consider checking this out. I want to hear more first though.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
                    I always thought that Michael Jai White would have been a better blade than Wesley.
                    That I would have to kindly, and strongly, disagree with you. Blade is and was Wesley Snipes. For me it was the perfect pairing of actor and character. Mind you I have not a damn clue what the comic books were like, I do not read them. Snipes had an edge to him that I just do not see any actor doing better. I know the person they hired for the TV series was nothing compared to the films.

Comment

I can't really say I'd be fond of a Deacon trilogy. Considering how Deacon ends up, I'd much rather see a prequel focusing on Whistler or Nightstalkers, or a sequel in general. I'd definitely keep an eye out for this one though.

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
                      I'd consider watching Spawn. He didn't do anything in that movie to remotely suggest he'd be good as another comic book character.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X