Planets that cannot dial earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planets that cannot dial earth

these planets cannot dial earths address because the glyph is part of earths address:
    • Melia
    SG-1 members
    Atlantis Team members

what?
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

melia's PoO is already part of earth's address
      SG-1 members
      Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
        melia's PoO is already part of earth's address

PoO:

Earths address:
        the fifth glyph is melia's PoO
        SG-1 members
        Atlantis Team members

Comment

i doubt the ancients would have designed the network so that some adresses can't dial others. that would just be plain dumb. and since there are only 36 glyphs, and thousands of gates, either they share PoO, or every planet has a unique glyph for it's PoO.
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

I would say that the POO glyphs are unique to each gate. That's the only thing that would make sense. As someone has already suggested, each instance of POO glyph being the same as one of the 38 constellation glyphs should be attributed to errors on part of production team.
            MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
              these planets cannot dial earths address because the glyph is part of earths address:
              • Melia
              Just curious where you got this information from??
              sigpic

Comment

It can dial earth. it just repeats its planets symbol at the end. If you use the point system for an address them just point the last point from one on the edge of the cube.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                  It can dial earth. it just repeats its planets symbol at the end. If you use the point system for an address them just point the last point from one on the edge of the cube.
                  I know...but I still am wondering where this information originated.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    I know...but I still am wondering where this information originated.
                    wikipedia
                    SG-1 members
                    Atlantis Team members

Comment

while we're on about odd addresses/dialing sequences When Walter Harriman completes the dialing sequence to a random planet, the address changes from Chulak's address to that of Abydos.
                      SG-1 members
                      Atlantis Team members

Comment

The writers don't have the imagination. Chulac's adress could be the same as Tollana. Abydos's could be like Taona parclarush(Spelling.)
                        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                          The writers don't have the imagination. Chulac's adress could be the same as Tollana. Abydos's could be like Taona parclarush(Spelling.)
                          how do you mean... "Proclarush Taonas the same as abydos?"
                          SG-1 members
                          Atlantis Team members

Comment

He means that TPTB doesn't have enough imagination to come up with a unique adress for every planet SG1 or SGA have been to.
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                              He means that TPTB doesn't have enough imagination to come up with a unique adress for every planet SG1 or SGA have been to.
                              but why change the address part way through dialing?
                              SG-1 members
                              Atlantis Team members

Comment

Working...
                              X