This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis Blu Ray - Fans' Choice DVD release/questions

You voted - we listened. For the first time ever on Blu-ray, here are extended versions of your two favorite episodes from the celebrated Stargate Atlantis™ series - without commercial interruption, and in packaging you designed!

The exhilarating, feature-length pilot episode, Rising, sends a brilliant team of scientists through a Stargate to the legendary city of Atlantis. But not only is the city about to be engulfed by ocean water, an enemy appears who threatens everyone in the Pegasus Galaxy! And in the white-knuckle, lengthened Enemy at the Gate from Season 5, as the team tries to disempower Wraith hive ships, the Wraith discover coordinates that will allow them to destroy Earth!
    (Source)
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

and the winners for the 'design the cover' contest is up now

http://www.sgafanschoice.com/
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Does anybody know if the SGA Fan's Choice Bluray will be released in the UK or whether it's release means that more Stargate blu ray releases are on the way? I'm new here and this is my first post so any info would be great! :-)

Comment

So.....the official press release doesn't say anything about Rising being an Extended Episode. Just Enemy at the Gate. This is troubling. I was really hoping for a new version of Rising, it was a major selling point for me...
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
          So.....the official press release doesn't say anything about Rising being an Extended Episode. Just Enemy at the Gate. This is troubling. I was really hoping for a new version of Rising, it was a major selling point for me...
          Yeah, it's just called the "feature-length version of 'Rising,'" which I'm taking to mean that it's the single 90-ish minute episode originally aired when the series began and already available on the current DVDs, instead of the two separate episodes that are aired for reruns of the series. Pity, I was hoping for more footage, too.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

According to Gateworld there will be no Blu Ray seasons of Stargate Atlantis. That stinks, I want to enjoy this show on my Blu ray player.

Comment

Yeah, but that would be pretty costly. I wish they'd do it right, and totally remaster SG-1 for Blu-ray like Paramount did with Trek. No need to re-do the FX unless they were rendered in SD, though. But while they are at it, go back and add in whatever scenes the director/writers felt should be in there. I still don't understand why Director's Cuts of TV shows are so rare, so many great scenes are axed just so the episode can fit the ridged time constraints of TV (although season 1-5 were on Showtime, which pretty much only requires episodes to be under 58 minutes or something...TPTB must have demanded it be syndication-friendly right from the start)

Oh, well. If anybody can confirm or deny if Rising is extended here. I might hold off on buying this BD if it isn't. Or not.
              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

http://www.cinemablend.com/dvdnews/T...tis-18746.html

THE FANS HAVE THEIR WAY WITH STARGATE ATLANTIS

excerpt: Not only is Stargate Atlantis Fans’ Choice noteworthy because it is completely designed by the fans, but it’s also the only disc expected to be released in high definition. Even though this detail is specifically noted in the press release, I can’t image a Blu-ray edition of each season not hitting the shelves at some point. Regardless, Stargate Atlantis Fans’ Choice is essential for any SGA lover not necessarily for it’s content but rather because it commemorates a great show and it’s devoted viewers. You can get your copy for $29.99

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Will this release be a Region Free or is it Region 1 only.

Thanks
                  http://www.justgiving.com/mdfundraiser/

Comment

Apparently my Best Buy got these in early. I'm enjoying my copy right now!

Comment

how long is The Extended Pilot Colonel?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        how long is The Extended Pilot Colonel?
                        The runtime for "Rising" is 88 mins. "Enemy at the Gate" is 46.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Dixon View Post
                          The runtime for "Rising" is 88 mins. "Enemy at the Gate" is 46.
                          i thought the pilot was suppose to be extended?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            i thought the pilot was suppose to be extended?
                            Nope, it was just billed as "feature-length" (aka two-parter).

Comment

Originally posted by The Nox View Post
                              Will this release be a Region Free or is it Region 1 only.

Thanks
                              Blu-ray region codes work differently than DVD region codes. Blu-ray only has three:

a) North and South America, southeast Asia, Japan and Korea
                              b) Greenland/Iceland, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia/NZ
                              c) Central and South Asia, PRC, Russia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bl...ithout_key.svg
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X