Asgard sheilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard sheilds

what i don't get is the Odyssey has the best shield's the Asgard have, but when come under attack by a ha'ak vessel, having taking 3 or 4 shots the shields would be 60%, but with a Asgard vessel is hit 3 or 4 times there shields are still at full strength. Why is this are the writer evil and won't the Tau-ri ships to be destroyed or something
    i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
    i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
    Spoiler:

done by me took hours then forgot to add weapons so its not finished

feel free to use I'd love to see colored in version

The episode with the lucian alliance wasn't a straight up fight, it was a staged ambush. The hataks knew we had nothing that could hurt them and the area in space where the confrontation took place was a gravity well (or something like that) that degraded our shields.

Comment

i believe you refer to Company of Thieves.

: it was an ambush. the oddy dropped out in the middle of a minefield near a neutron star, the latter reducing the shield heavily. with weakened shields it came under attack from ha'tak and then got more mines on its shields.

damage was recieved before shields were raised

Comment

oh yeah i forgot there were ambush, but in other case why is it the Asgard shields never get below 50% (in an Asgard vessel) when we all way lose are shields i know with the perm what do you expect but, with the dead and some other ships we all ways lose are shields in seconds, were an ha'tk losing there in minutes, and Asgard never lose there's, the only time I've seen the shields on Asgard ship is with the reps but there already in the ship
        i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
        i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SGC Earth's Defense Commander View Post
          oh yeah i forgot there were ambush, but in other case why is it the Asgard shields never get below 50% (in an Asgard vessel) when we all way lose are shields i know with the perm what do you expect but, with the dead and some other ships we all ways lose are shields in seconds, were an ha'tk losing there in minutes, and Asgard never lose there's, the only time I've seen the shields on Asgard ship is with the reps but there already in the ship
          That science ship in Camelot that everyone thought was an Oneil got owned (apparently). I'm sure that the secondary Ori cannons brought their shields down eventually.

Comment

It's because our shields are underpowered, we've seen fully powered asgard shields on the odyssey and the daedalus when they had a zpm go up against insane numbers of hiveships and ori ships and barely take any damage

Comment

The shields are most likely limited by the 304s themselves. Even though they are built specifically to house a lot of Asgard tech they wouldn't be able to use it to it's full potential due to the fact we still interface it with our own relatively low tech systems.
              sigpic

Comment

oh so we get pawned cause we don't know how to use there tect yet

Spoiler:

x-304 line art
                Spoiler:

Comment

I agree with RubberJesus

Maybe because the naquadah generators on the ships don't power the shields as much as the asgard power source? (which i think they disabled during unending because they can be tracked)

Comment

it seems that shield strength in stargate depends on the power source that powers them...this is evident when a ZPM is plugged into a 304's power system...capable of holding back the force of a coronal mass ejection at point blank range or bombardment by 4 ori motherships main weapons for atleast 15 mins...

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
                      it seems that shield strength in stargate depends on the power source that powers them...this is evident when a ZPM is plugged into a 304's power system...capable of holding back the force of a coronal mass ejection at point blank range or bombardment by 4 ori motherships main weapons for atleast 15 mins...
                      Well, you have to remember that a BC-304 is nowhere near capable of operating its Asgard systems at full power: Asgard hyperdrives are capable of reaching from Earth to Pegasus in 4-5 days, whereas a BC-304 takes about 18 days without some sort of power boost (e.g., a ZPM).

In short, given the pitiful amounts of power that our ships provide, we're lucky the systems work at all.
                      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

in the Asgard core there a system that allows up to make any thing as long as you know what your making why don't we just make an Asgard and make him help

Spoiler:

x-304 line art
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SGC Earth's Defense Commander View Post
                          in the Asgard core there a system that allows up to make any thing as long as you know what your making why don't we just make an Asgard and make him help
                          There is already a Thor AI. The problem is, he can only answer questions and no one has the insight to ask right questions.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                            There is already a Thor AI. The problem is, he can only answer questions and no one has the insight to ask right questions.

wow i am so adding him to my Star gate novel

Spoiler:

x-304 line art
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Well, to make our shields last longer we either need a ZPM powering them OR we need to use the asgard power generators and that means we need to build biggers ships where they can find which also would require us to harvest raw materials that are probably pretty rare by now.

The size of the power generators alone on the Asgard motherships looks to be bigger than a 304 so it would pose some problems with building them efficiently without the support of all of earth which at this point is not possible.

Remember that the Asgard chose which planets to colonize based on the minerals they contained so chances are many worlds where they could be found have been cleaned out by Asgard and replicators, the last known world to have sufficient amounts was blown up in Unending.

Of course we can probably find the minerals on other worlds but my guess would be it's harder to mine and refine than naqadah not to mention the science behind it all would take a while to learn even with the asgard core.
                              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                              X