Asgard SG-1 Class Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard SG-1 Class Ships

I've been thinking about the Asgard naming ships after members of SG-1 and have came up with a list of specs which I've listed below for Asgard ships that I'd name after SG-1 and some other SG personnel. They differ from what is shown in SG-1 but make more sense to me.

Please let me know what you think and leave ideas of your own SG-1 Class ships.

1.) O'Neill Class - Supreme Commanders Flagship. (One of a kind)

Description - A well balanced ship which is built to house the most advanced systems to date. It is just as at home in a war zone as it is leading a supply convoy or hosting a meeting of the High Council.

Primary Weapon - 4x Plasma Beam Emitters.
    Secondary Weapons - 18x Energy Pulse Cannons*, 6x Molecular Disruptor Arrays**.
    Shields - Standard Strength Dual Layer Exterior Shield^, Interior Energy Absorption Shield^^.
    Hyper drive - Advanced Intergalactic. MW -> Pegasus in 47hrs.
    Sub-Light Propulsion - Max. 0.63c, reached in 197s.

2.) Carter Class - Research Vessel. (Limited production)

Description - Essentially a mobile lab used by the Asgard for detailed study where the subject cannot be removed and returned to a planetary facility. As such it has limited offensive capabilities and favours high tech defensive measures.

Primary Weapon - 6x Molecular Disruptor Arrays**.
    Secondary Weapons - None.
    Shields - Standard Strength "Second Skin" Shield, EM Shield^^^, Advanced Cloaking Field.
    Hyper drive - Standard Intergalactic. MW -> Pegasus in 91hrs.
    Sub-Light Propulsion - Max. 0.29c reached in 231s.

3.) Tea'lc Class Heavy Warship. (Average Production Level)

Description - The ultimate Asgard Juggernaut, designed to take almost as much damage as can dish out. Though not as fast as most other ships in the fleet, it is still considered one of most important.

Primary Weapon - 12x Plasma Beam Emitters.
    Secondary Weapons - 72x Energy Pulse Cannons*, 16x Molecular Disruptor Arrays**, 4x Targeted EM Field Projectors***.
    Shields - High Strength Dual Layer Exterior Shield^, Interior Energy Absorption Shield^^, Light Energy Pulse Reflection Shield^^^^.
    Hyper drive - Interstellar as standard. Can be switched out for a Standard Intergalactic if required at the cost of the Reflection Shield, 4x Pulse Cannons and 2x EM Projectors.
    Sub-Light Propulsion - Max. 0.31c reached in 344s.

4.) Jackson Class - Exploration Vessel. (Mass Production)

Description - A good all round ship which while not as technologically advanced as the O'Neill, is effective in combat as well as having access to moderate scientific tech.

Primary Weapon - 4x Plasma Pulse Cannons****.
    Secondary Weapons - 12 Energy Pulse Cannons*.
    Shields - High Strength Standard Exterior Shield, Interior Energy Absorption Shield^^.
    Hyper drive - Standard Intergalactic. MW -> Pegasus in 91hrs.
    Sub-Light Propulsion - Max. 0.52c reached in 195s

Also.

5.) Mitchel Class - Fleet Workhorse. (Mass Production)

Description - The Mitchel Class was created to replace the ageing Beliskner Class to form the bulk of the Asgard fleet. It is used widely as a supply transport and combat support ship as well as for maintaining an Asgard presence in areas where Jackson and Carter Class ships are deployed.

Primary Weapon - Energy Pulse Cannons*.
    Secondary Weapons - None.
    Shields - Standard Strength Shield.
    Hyper drive - Low Grade Intergalactic. MW -> Pegasus in 126hrs.
    Sub-Light Propulsion - Max. 0.49c reached in 204s.

6.) Mal Doran Class - Stealth Ship. (Limited Production)

Description - One of the Asgards fastest ships, complete with advanced cloaking tech, the Mal Doran Class is perfect for recon and neutralising lone targets.

Primary Weapon - 2x Targeted EM Field Projectors***.
    Secondary Weapons - 2x Molecular Disruptor Arrays**.
    Shield - Advanced Cloaking Field.
    Hyper drive - Advanced Interstellar.
    Sub-Light Propulsion - Max. 0.69c reached in 201s

* Energy Pulse Cannons - As seen in Ripple Effect. The weapon the Asgard loaned to the SGC.
    ** Molecular Disruptor Arrays - Combination of AR and transport beam tech which locks onto a target and breaks it apart at the molecular level.
    *** Targeted EM Field Projectors - Temporarily disables enemy ships with a directed EM blast.
    **** Plasma Pulse Cannons - Less powerful plasma based weapon that the beam that fires single bolts at a moderate rate.

^ Dual Layer Shield - Common Asgard shield tech used to create both a "second skin" around the hull and another layer of shielding further out.
    ^^ Interior Absorption Shield - As seen on Thors ship during replicator infestation over Earth. Absorbs energy from weapons fire and explosions aboard the ship.
    ^^^ EM Shield - Disables enemy fighters as the pass through the shield.
    ^^^^ Energy Pulse Reflection Shield - Capable of reflecting shots from weaker energy weapons back towards the firer.

Congratulations if you actually read all that.
    Let me know what you think.

Oh, and I'm thinking of setting up another thread asking who (not necessarily from Stargate) you'd like to name a ship after. If you have any ideas for that, it'll be up soon.
    Last edited by TrueLordOfNetu; 03 July 2009, 03:46 AM.
    sigpic

i think this should actually go in fun and games or fan fiction as its not canon.....and i dont like non-canon..........

Comment

2nd that its waste of time nothing real

Comment

Especially since the O'Neill and Daniel Jackson already exist(ed).

Comment

Cool.....What about power source?
          sigpicThe City of The One will rise from the ashes of history.....

Comment

TrueLordOfNetu : Have you had a chance to check out this thread yet ?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...25173&page=423
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              TrueLordOfNetu : Have you had a chance to check out this thread yet ?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...25173&page=423
              Thanks. Have just checked out the first couple of pages. Will skim through the rest and join in.

As for the power sources, I'm not really sure on the type of power source the Asgard used but I'll have a look around and come up with something.

And for those who see this thread as a waste of time and who don't wish to paricipate, you don't have to. I'll even add the word fiction to the title to help others who want to avoid it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                Especially since the O'Neill and Daniel Jackson already exist(ed).
                Daniel Jackson existed as a ship name not a class. The renegade had a sip of the same class as Thor's Daniel Jackson a year before it was introduced. And it was unlikely he had a brand spanking new ship. What with being a renegade and all.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  i think this should actually go in fun and games or fan fiction as its not canon.....and i dont like non-canon..........
                  this topic is confusing you made me think for a sec that i missed out on some importaint episode

Spoiler:
                  Favourite SG-1 Quote
                  CARTER: You can't be serious.
                  O'NEILL: What?
                  JACKSON: It's the only way.
                  O'NEILL: What?
                  CARTER: No, we agreed.
                  O'NEILL: If I have to say "What?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!

Comment

As for the power sources, I'm not really sure on the type of power source the Asgard used but I'll have a look around and come up with something.
                    NIG's and asgard Powercores

Daniel Jackson existed as a ship name not a class. The renegade had a sip of the same class as Thor's Daniel Jackson a year before it was introduced. And it was unlikely he had a brand spanking new ship. What with being a renegade and all.
                    wrong, thor's science ship in New Order, S08 E1/E2 was called the Daniel Jackson, and the class was considered the Jackson Class

Comment

By who? As I said; Loki also had that ship in Season 7's Fragile Balance. He'd been a renagade for hundreds of years. Thus the ship must have existed long before Daniel Jackson. Thus the class of the ship cannot be the Daniel Jackson class. At leat not in-universe

Out of universe its referred by fans as the Daniel Jackson class due to the fact that the Daniel Jackson was the first named example of the ship. Even though Loki had one.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

by THOR.

i even stated the episode!

we dont know if aurora is the name of the class. neither do we with Daniel Jackson. Loki had been studying us, but with that ship or a predecessor?

Comment

We don't know if the O'neill is really the name of ships class either. The Asgard may call the class something completely different.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The fact of the O'Neill class is that we are explicitly told that the O'Neill is the first of its class. Classes are named after the first ship built.

The Daniel Jackson was not the first of her class and thus it is not the name of the class.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

I hear that *clicks fingers*
                              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Working...
                              X