Ground turrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground turrets

i dont know how many other people came up with this. The tauri could use the asgard knoledge to make defense turrets to defend earth. They could make plasma beams or the other weapon the asgard used before they got beams. yes they would need many but it would sure help for defense against some bad guy ships or even they could put them on alantis

Atlantis definetly but on Earth it might take a long time for the projectile/ammo to reach the orbiting object in which time it would have most likely moved just by staying in orbit with the Earth and traveling at normal satelite speeds which would be slow in comparison with what ships could do.

Also stationary targets without shields are easy pickings and with the secrecy of the SG still in effect people might wonder why turrets are getting deployed.

Satelites or ships are better. Maybe some sort of drone carrying modified MRLS (Multiple rocket launcher system) would be better.
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

countering your argument
      1. i never said projectile i said somethink like a energy weapon if u saw the tollan weapons they were effective untill the gould upgraded their shields. but these will proably be plasma weapons very powerful the gould wont stand a chance against it
      2. you can put shields on them.
      3. yes the whole secrecy is a probleme on earth
      4. what is the atmosphere thinner with the plannet alantis is on

Comment

atlantis is an arctic superweapon of its own. it'll protect us

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          atlantis is an arctic superweapon of its own. it'll protect us
          Not unless they learn how to make it shoot drones at a much faster rate.

Comment

put John in the chair and put the arctic drones there too. problem solved

Comment

well, giving atlantis some gun-towers?

Yes, i still can't figure out why in hell the city only had drones (as for the jumpers not having other weapons....are the ancients that dumb to rely on one kind of weapon all the time....guess the are

as for earth? develop satellites, beam them into orbit (or have a ship place them) and station a bigger space-station/space-dock over each of the poles (to repair/resuply ships) and arm those stations (that we can build such stations is shown at the midway-station (which should be replaced by the way) they just need to be bigger (one could even place the gate there, in order to lessen the danger to earth - personal can still go home every day because of the beaming tech

greetings LAX
              ps: guntowers on earth would be nice, but they have limited coverage because earth is a giant "ball" (as seen in the episode the tollans over earth an ion cannon and they tell them they would need many, not only one, even if they made them "portable")

Comment

32 are needed to cover the earth.

ground turrets are useless. i'd say an APBW tacked to an asgard powercore, some other basic systems and an IDS, and we can blow up anything attacking us.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  32 are needed to cover the earth.

ground turrets are useless. i'd say an APBW tacked to an asgard powercore, some other basic systems and an IDS, and we can blow up anything attacking us.
                  indeed, now we are talking: strap a small engine to it (to keep orbit), some smaller weapons (to destroy fighters (darts/gliders and such)) and a shield generator and you have a nice weaponsatellite (that will even put the Ori-satellite to shame (as it can destroy fighters and bigger ships, that the owi one couldn't and it would if well done not be vulnerable to EMP because it would not need ground control, even more if it has room for a small crew (5-10 people)) - question about that: the folks that had that killed themselfes of, why didn't we go their and take it afterwards? (grave robbing would not be that nice, but if it gets valuable intel i would do it at once)

greetings LAX

Comment

no smaller cannons. waste of power.

i forgot a shield.

and BTW, the network will make sure noone is able to launch fighters. the ships are tracked in hyperspace, identified, targeted, and have their exit points calculated before they're here. hyperspace window opens, sats fire, ships drop out and are instantly vapourised

Comment

Working...
                    X