hives jaming beaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hives jaming beaming

i released that the wraith came up a defense to the beaming in a impossible fast time( considering the fact that even if they recorded that how would they get tat info out since they blew up) why not beam the weapons right outside important spots. i feel like this should have been done at least once.

also the wraith thought the Atlantis expedition was gone why'd they keep the beaming jamming.

not sure if this thread has been posted before
    time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
    sigpic

Yea, the jamming tech did seem to be just a quick fix measure tacked on to stop us exterminating the Wraith in the first ep of season 2.

There is a chance that they had encountered the tech before however. It was stated in The Lost Tribe that:

Spoiler:
    The Wraith took out the Asgards intergalactic ships. These you would assume would have beaming tech.

So perhaps they arleady had the information they needed to jam the beaming tech but didn't the first couple of times as they weren't expecting humans to have it and never thought it would be used as a weapons delivery system.
    sigpic

Comment

I found the whole thing although the beaming as a weapon was a good idea they just used the full thing to fill the rest of an episode I think. If they had more time and went into it with better depth then I would see the point. Althogh visualy it is one of my favorite episodes I do not like it all that much with the storyline.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

wraith are telepathic. telepathic restriction to a hive only,only came into effect during their civil war. so when 1 ship blew up, the other ships registered the beaming and sent all data directly to all wraith, who all worked on a solution. and seeing as the only thing it does is preventing a lock, a full-spectra EM jammer is quite easy to make.

infact, its an EM jammer, and just dumb jamming of all frequencies solves the problem

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
          also the wraith thought the Atlantis expedition was gone why'd they keep the beaming jamming.
          to answer that the wraith proably thought that everybody evaced to a planet they didn't know about. eventaully they would proably figure it out but since they moved it to another planet because of the replicators. Neither the replicators or the wraith would know.
          got it?

Comment

Originally posted by oniel193 View Post
            to answer that the wraith proably thought that everybody evaced to a planet they didn't know about. eventaully they would proably figure it out but since they moved it to another planet because of the replicators. Neither the replicators or the wraith would know.
            got it?
            didn't the orginal jamming happened in the siege and at the end of the seige the Atlantis expedition made it seem as if they blew themselves up, the wraith scanned the area content with the results.
            time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
              didn't the orginal jamming happened in the siege and at the end of the seige the Atlantis expedition made it seem as if they blew themselves up, the wraith scanned the area content with the results.
              If i remember right the deadlaus hyperspaced away and they would have the gate to escape so the wraith would have to believe they are still around.

Comment

Originally posted by oniel193 View Post
                If i remember right the deadlaus hyperspaced away and they would have the gate to escape so the wraith would have to believe they are still around.
                i mean sure that is a good reason, even though in my logic if i was the wraith. the enemy vessel has lost its strong hold their out numbered and they have the capacity to return to their home galaxy.

sigpic

Comment

I think it was a tad fast to jam it.
                  But we know the ancients had their own beaming tech, maybe that was used in the war with the wraith so the wraith came up with a defence then but it'd been turned off after the war. So they just turned it back on when they found out what we were doing.
                  But anyway if we built bombs for the purpose of beaming, we could put thrusters on them or something, beam them above and then use the thrusters to lower it, then it doesn't have to go through the darts.

Comment

It made it much too easy to destroy hives. Obviously an issue that re-emerged later.

Despite being dumbed down and weakened over the course of five seasons, Wraith are still considered to be highly intelligent and militaristic. They could figure out what was happening to them and jam them.

Speaking of, we never saw much of those missiles with shield frequency modulators. If they expanded upon that and made them phase shift we could just send them right into the hull, phase back, and explode.

Comment

i mean the wraith after the war took out probally took out most of their fighting capablities. you could tell that the wraith hives where more battle ready in the ancient war, you could tell main cause in the defiant one that carrier (which seemenly is ever mentioned again). i mean if no civilization used the tech then why keep it on your ship?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                        It made it much too easy to destroy hives. Obviously an issue that re-emerged later.

Despite being dumbed down and weakened over the course of five seasons, Wraith are still considered to be highly intelligent and militaristic. They could figure out what was happening to them and jam them.

Speaking of, we never saw much of those missiles with shield frequency modulators. If they expanded upon that and made them phase shift we could just send them right into the hull, phase back, and explode.
                        I think your right the wraith arent stupid they are smart after all they did beat the anciets. yeah they outnumbered them but they still needed to be smart. They even shut down the replicators relativley.

Comment

The issue I have with using "The Lost Tribe" as a potential reason behind the WBJ tech.

I mean the Asgard we knew never used their beaming tech to deliver weapons.

And the Wraith solved the lost tribe issue "Before we knew what had happened our ships were destroyed."

My guess is that some form of the Ancients ships had beaming tech used for more than just "elevators".

I could be wrong, happens occasionally. The beaming tech very well could have come from the angry midgets.

Same kind we've got after all.

Wonder why we don't just fiddle with the frequencies or maybe just scan the field extension and beam a Nuke with a jet engine on the back three feet outside of it just in front of the bridge?

I mean a Nuke has what? A quarter mile Radius at the smallest?

That's plenty to take out the bridge and open a chunk of the ship up to the vacuum of space.

Comment

The jamming was just EM based jamming according to McKay in one episode. That sort of thing would is useful to have for other reasons to.

Like say if they're culling a planet they could potentially jam communications in various parts of the world, making any sort of organised resistance against their attacks that much more difficult.

Comment

besides, its EM, just jam the entire radiowave spectrum and you're done

Comment

Working...
                              X