Stargate Vs Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Vs Star Wars

First I would like to say I looked in this section to Oct of 08 to see if there was a thread about this.

My friend and I have been talking about who would win between a all our war with Stargate and Star Wars.

It is all the ships from all races involved from both shows. Also you would win a Jedi with his/her lightsaber agaisnt a Ancient/Ori.

Who would win in a ground war, a Aerial war and a space war?

Are we talking Star Wars as in Imperial era, Old republic, New Republic?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      Are we talking Star Wars as in Imperial era, Old republic, New Republic?
      IDK know really which one he is refering to. So lets do each one.

Comment

id say this :

space war :
        _________._._____empire vs SG = SG ( uberbeams + asgard shields)
        ____________old republic vs SG = SG ( same reason )
        ___________new republic vs SG = SG ( same reason )

areil war :
        emp vs SG = SG (302s could tank TIE fighters thanks to fire and forget tech)
        O.R vs SG = O.R ( they have mobility. somehow more mobile than TIE fighters in my opnion)
        N.R vs SG = SG (N.R has emp tech)

ground war :
        emp vs SG = SG ( emp is un co-ordinated apart from defensive manoveres)
        O.R vs SG = SG ( Jaffa numbers, Ori troops weapons and Alterans + Ori as "Jedi" we would tank the old republic)
        N.R vs SG = SG ( N.R is rebuilding it self. )

i count it
        SG : 8
        Emp era : 0
        Old Rep ( O.R) : 1
        New Rep ( N.R ) : 0
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you for your input C-Thor.

Comment

ehh talk about this in the sticky svp

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

i agree with commander thor however for the ground war i would think the old republic and new rebublic would beat SG because the Old Rebpulic has jedis while the New republic is still essentially a rebel faction with all of their cool guerilla attacks.
              sigpic

Comment

Stargate Vs Empire
                Space Combat:
                Stargate would win because the empire focused on Big and Powerful ships that would be able to hold the line and strike fear into the heart's of enemies (All bark no bite) where as the Stargate ships were designed for fighting.

Ship Break down:
                Tauri (Before Asgard Core)= IMO they could not have had much of a chance with Rail Guns and nukes MAYBE. Also before someone says it, if they beamed their nuked onto the ship Yes they would have wiped the floor with the empire. The 302's would be move than enough for the TIE's though.

Taur'i (After Asgard Core)= WIN!

Goa'uld= They are the same as the empire, bark and no bite(ish) but i have to say with their numbers they might have been able to win a few, it would all depend on who fired first.

Asgard= It is very obvious what would happen. Superior shields superior weapons and their ships can move. So Asgard.

Ancients= Drones WIN!

Ori= BFLaser WIN's!

Replicators = They would just infect the ships and consume the materials, and because Storm troopers have Plasma rifles then the replicators would be more than a match.

Aerial Combat
                Taur'i= The 302's are more than a match for the TIE's because of their manuvrabllity, but i think it will be a case of; it will be a win, but not by much.

Goa'uld= The gliders are at an even match with TIE's IMO. It would be another case of numbers and who shot first.

Asgard= I don't know if they had fighter's, but if they did. WIN!

Ancient's= Puddle Jumper's manuvriablity and the shields would make it good at dodging and then the drones that can actively seek out target's from the users mind.... WIN!

Ori= Now i haven't seen much of the Ori fighter's but from the fact that they are primarily used like the Empire use TIE's (as a human shield almost) the only thing that they have got going for them is their nimbleness. So i will let you make your mind up there.

Replicators = If they infected some ships they would improve them 10 fold and thus the infected ships would be better, so i am saying; IF! the replicators have infected some fighters then they would win.

Ground Combat
                Taur'i= Because of their inferior numbers in a large scale confrontation they would get their arses handed to them. But if it was a small ammount (about the size of the Jaffa they face in the series) then they would win, because of Storm Trooper aim

Goa'uld= Numbers would mean EVERYTHING here, because the empire and goa'uld are practically the same, their tactics are similar also. But going with overall tactics and not what we "See" then i would go Empire. As overall they are more Tactical with their troops. They use more practical decisions than the preferred Goa'uld tactic of "Throw troops at them till they die.."

Asgard= Now because we haven't seen the Asgard fight. Personal wise Empire, but with the Asgard level of tech then they more than likely have some automated defences or something or (Stargate Worlds) have drones with them to aid as combatants. But even with that, if it was a case of the asgard physically doing the fighting then Empire (and i know you will agree). But we all know that the space defences and the ground defences would wipe the floor with imperial troops blood.

Ancients= Now becuase we never saw the Ancients fight all we have is like the Asgard, BUT! because we know that the ancients were a peaceful race i would go with Empire if it came to a land tactical.

Ori= I have absolutely know idea. Just because of tech Ori. Other than that if you can think of reason against it or whatever i am welcome to hearing them.

Replicators= WIN! becuase they would do something similar to a Zergling Rush

ALSO
                If ANY of them went up against Jedi or Sith, then it literally is a case of I have no idea. It would go either way.

Stargate Vs Old Republic
                Now i am saying this first, if the Star Forge is involved EVERYONE is *****ed.

Taur'i (Before Asgard Core)= They might be able to win, because of the same reason i gave for the empire. But if they were going against Mandalorians then they might get their arses handed to them.

Taur'i (After Asgard Core)= They would just Pwn something chronic, it wouldn't not be funny. EVEN if the Star Forge was a factor they would just WIN!

Goa'uld= Because the Republic was not as aggressive as the Empire and didn't have "War Ships" instead went for Multi-Purpose ships with guns on them, the Goa'uld would stand a chance here and might acctually win a few more battles than they would with the Empire, because of their brutality and numbers (That's why the Mandalorians were winning )

Asgard = Superior weapons and shields, and they had some fast moving ship's gives the Asgard the major advantage.

Ancients and Ori= They would win because of Drones and the BFlaser.

Replicators= They would win because they would just infect everything lol

Aerial Combat
                Taur'i= As much as i hate to say it, they would loose and horribly. Because OR ships packed power and maniuvriablity into their ships which would give them an advantage over the 302's.

Goa'uld= Same as above

Asgard and Ancient= Same as my last Stargate vs Empire: Aerial Combat reason.

Ori= Yet again this is a Make up Your Own Mind, becuase in my head it would be a draw, and the victor would be whoever shot fiirst.

Replicators= Infection FTW

Ground Combat
                Taur'i= The same reason as the Empire, numbers would win against the Taur'i, however if it was smaller number's against one another i think it would more than likely be Taur'i as we know how to turn the tide in our favour

Goa'uld= Due to their ruthlessness and numbers i would say the Goa'uld would win, because Republic troops are Peace Keepers and nothing more.

Asgard, Ancients, Ori and Replicators= Same as before (I Cba to type anymore haha)

Stargate vs New Republic
                Space Combat Republic
                All the ships would be more than a match for Venator class battle cruisers as they are basically Transports with guns on them.

Space Combat CIS
                Taur'i= Against a Providance class battle cruiser, it would be the same as a Venator class, they would win with or without the Asgard Core. HOWEVER when it comes to the Lucrehulk class Battleship, due to the fact that is has a minimum of 160 point laser defence batteries (Asuran Cannon Batteries) and about 48 Turbolasers (Like Ancients Drones) would rip the S*hit out of the Taur'i ships. But with the Asgard core and the Beam weapons, with some luck and some good piloting they would be able to WIN!

Goa'uld= They would do devastate the Providance class Cruisers, and they would be able to hold their ground against the Lucrehulk; but would take heavy damage (depending on numbers). But overall i think they would win (but it is down to numbers)

Asgard, Ancients, Ori and Replicators= WIN! for reason i mentioned above

Aerial Combat
                Please look at Old Republic regarding this

Ground Combat Republic
                I really don't care what people say, but i LOVE! the Clone Troopers and IMO they would and will wipe the floor with anything that the SGVerse could come up with

Ground Combat CIS
                SGVerse would win hand's down, they only thing that would prove troublesome are the Drodikas and Tanks But because of my previous statement about the Clones, i need to redeem myself haha

So there we have it, and if anyone find's fault or has an argument about anything i have said, then i am always welcome of other people's idea's

ALSO!
                Before someone says ANYTHING.
                I purposly left out the Wraith, because i am waiting for more information about them, as i know very little about them.

But if you want my opinions about wrait just replace Goa'uld with Wraith
                sigpic

Comment

Regarding OR, i think we need to consider commanders too. If Revan and Bastila were at the head of the OR fleet, i doubt even the ancients could do much.
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by IMDB
                  Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                  Hehe

Comment

Star Wars seems to have a massive advantage in just sheer scale here. Even if you totally low ball things, using just some of Dooku's dialog from the prequels, they've got at least tens of thousands of star systems all unified under one flag. That's a lot more than I ever got the impression any Stargate power controlled.

I'll also give them a big advantage in ground warfare. While Star Wars ground vehicles might be for the most part ridiculous, at least they actually exist, and at least their soldiers are armed with guns that could actually conceivably function as such.

Their ground forces also just seem to have a more well integrated system of combined arms and are just generally more competant overall than Stargate counterparts, leaving aside their tendancy to miss main characters constantly of course. Wars troops will also have access to things like their universes equivalent of sniper rifles, missile launchers, machine guns and other types of varied and useful weaponry SG forces other than Earth totally lack.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                      Regarding OR, i think we need to consider commanders too. If Revan and Bastila were at the head of the OR fleet, i doubt even the ancients could do much.
                      Orion volleys would obliterate SWars ships. no offence but drones ARE the most powerful weapon created bar the wankbeams and Ori beams. but i have some nitpicking to do with this guys choices.

Jaffa vs Clone troopers

due to numbers and weapons id say it is even in ground frighting sorry.

Tau'rie ship vs any SWars ship ( with asgard core )

it depends. we would pwn them but at same time we would lose some ships. all depends if the oddyessy was in it or if the Daeddy had taken atlantis' ZPM again and used it.

[ saying this cause ZPM'd Daeddy could hold back a mass coronal ejection. something if i am right not even the ancients were able to do.]
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok, but let's say Revan went sith, and he and bastila are at the head of a constantly growing, Starforge-made, fleet of battleships. the Ancients never had such construction capabilities. that would be like facing the Wraith again, but with more ships and two of the greatest commander ever to walk any sci-fi universe.

Clarification: Revan was an über commander, and that combined with bastilas battle meditation would seriously own anything.
                        sigpic

Spoiler:
                        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                        Hehe

Comment

not the Ori though. their shields are impervious when it comes down to energy blobs. which if memeroy serves is what Swars ships fire
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                            Clarification: Revan was an über commander, and that combined with bastilas battle meditation would seriously own anything.
                            AGREED! Revan and Bastila combined would be able to destroy anything the stargate universe could ever throw at them!
                            Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                              not the Ori though. their shields are impervious when it comes down to energy blobs. which if memeroy serves is what Swars ships fire
                              Well, i would say that the turbolasers fire beams rather than blobs. That, combined with Ion cannons, and a rather large fleet, which only gets larger, might be enough to overpower the ori shields.
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X