This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghostbusters Bluray

I heard that the bluray version that just came out is remastered. does that mean new effects or the same old stuff from the movie? I'm considering upgrading but i was curious. thanks
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
    I heard that the bluray version that just came out is remastered. does that mean new effects or the same old stuff from the movie? I'm considering upgrading but i was curious. thanks
    I have to chime in and agree with the other Blu-Ray reviews. Columbia / Sony should be ashamed to put this out. This film is an all time classic and deserves better. This transfer is worse than the Full Metal Jacket Blu-Ray, formerly the worst transfer I had seen. The picture is dark, grainy, and almost ruins the enjoyment of the movie. Almost. Nothing could totally ruin this fantastic movie. Here is contact info for Sony. I would encourage everyone to call or write and voice your displeasure with being ripped off for this "Blu-Ray" edition.
    I LOVE this movie, so I was very excited to get the Blu-ray version. I was hoping for improved picture quality but I am very disapointed in it. The blu-ray version does show a bit more detail, but the film grain is really bad, and the colors look flat and lifeless. I am using a 52" 1080p Samsung, and the film grain is loud enough to be borderline obnoxious. I expected they could do a lot better than this with some of the programs that companies like Digital Vision or Autodesk make for film grain reduction, but maybe this is as good as they could get it or choose to get it. You can see that the speckles and dust that are on the film have been removed and in this way it is better than the DVD version, but the grain is much more pronounced. The DVD version however has that overly compressed soft mushy look that you get with poor DVD quality and progressive scanning. They both have their pros and cons, but if you already have the DVD don't expect any kind of magical upgrade of the film quality. It's a good thing that it's such a pleasure to watch these guys act goofy, because otherwise this would be a sad little Blu-ray release.
    The audio level on the film is almost inaudible with an air-conditioner running.
    The same is not true for for the commentary track and some if not all of the special features. As others have pointed out the image is no better and possibly even worse than the DVD release
    etc.
    i couldn't find one good comment on the quality of the bluray tansfer.
    http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-B...#RQZ7L6KQJTG57
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

haha alrighty then. thats answers that question. thank you
      There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Working...
      X