This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Dial Simulator

Has anyone here used this..if so, how is it?

http://dpproductions.110mb.com/aisndownloads/

Apart from being laggy as hell, even on low settings, having hardly any sounds apart from the gate and alarms (which are really bad quality), and the fact that it only has a few addresses, its not a bad little sim.

Like I said earlier, a few ambient sounds on the various screens would be great.
    Also, the ability to have it as a 'point and click' sim instead of a 'tap the down key until it very slowly reaches the section you want' sim would be nice aswell.

Overall, not bad but loads of room for improvment.
    Last edited by Billz; 20 June 2009, 01:54 PM.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Thanks for that, I guess this sim isn't as good as I thought it would be. Can anyone recommend another Atlantis sim? I have the one for SG-1 and that is awesome. I would love to get an Atlantis one too.

Comment

After applying the various patches, the sim looks nicer but still suffers from the same problems as before.

The only screen where you can't click on various buttons with the mouse is the main screen, which you have to use the down and up keys to navigate very slowly up and down the menu.

The fact that this sim is very laggy, even on low settings, and even though I have 2GB ram, suggests that the flash coding for the sim could be streamlined a bit more for better performance.

When pressing 'Enter' on the 'Proximity Alarms' section in the latest version (v2.5.0), the 'Proximity Alarms' screen changes to the old version that was in v2.0.0. Meaning, that it either didn't get updated because it wasn't ready, or that it was purposely left that way.

Hopefully, the above problems will be addressed in v2.6.0

I would post these problems on the offcial forums but registration isn't working right now for some reason.

I have never found a different Atlantis sim. Shame really, because I was looking for a Atlantis version of the offworld gate and DHD as a sim.
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will try it out and hope for an update.

Comment

Working...
          X