This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'know who's cool, Joss Whedon

I was just thinking bout something, isn't Joss Whedon awesome or what? Everything that he has done has been awesome. First you got Buffy the Vampire Slayer which is one of the best television shows out there. Then, Angel which is almost as good or even better than Buffy(season 1 and 5 are awesome, 2 an 3 are very good, and season 4 is meh...). Then you have Firefly, which is considered on the the best tv series before it got cut.(I'm getting my Info from Imdb rating system as of today it has a 9.5/10 and 28,998 votes, so sue me if you disagree). Then the movie Serenity which I thought was awesome. Then now Dollhouse which I haven't really watched yet cause i want to see it get more season before I invest in it or I'll have another Firefly.

What I'm trying to say is, Joss Whedon is a god when it comes the scifi/fantasy shows, and y'know what would have helped Stargate, Joss Whedon, hey TPTB take something from this and call him up and ask him to help on Stargate Universe people(I know he can't cause of copyrights and the such, I just think it would be cool)
    R.I.P. you will be missed

My Top Five Favorite Quotes/Quips(right now)
    Spoiler:
    "Well, it's like my grandma used to say, if at first you don't succeed..."
    "Try a larger thermonuclear reaction?"
    "Her words exactly."

"We are beacons on the road to enlightenment."
    "No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you."
    "Nice work on the metaphor."
    "Thank you."

"Will you excuse me? We just don't get out of Cheyenne Mountain enough. I'm gonna grab some air... outside. General, Captain, General... waiter."

"General."
    "Colonel. We've all met."
    "Yes, actually we know each other's life stories."
    "That snippiness?"
    "Is that a word?"

"If we want to find out who's behind this, we have to do what the Asgard do."
    "You mean bluff?"
    "Yep. We just need to do it without revealing what we know."
    "Which is nothing."
    "Right. But they don't know we know nothing."

Dollhouse has been renewed. And if you haven't watched it yet, wait for the DVD box set. They cheated Joss out of the last episode. He redid the pilot because Fox wanted it more "mainstream" so Fox used that as an excuse to say they wouldn't air the last episode because they are counting the FIRST pilot which put Joss over one episode. And episode 6 is where Fox let him be Joss. you can tell the studio had restrictions in the first episodes. bleepers.

I'm almost done season 3 of Angel and had watched the first 3 seasons of Buffy right before starting on Angel. I'm going to say that the first 3 seasons of Angel is BETTER than Buffy's. Now excuse me while I duck and RUN!
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by sramir2 View Post
      I was just thinking bout something, isn't Joss Whedon awesome or what? Everything that he has done has been awesome. First you got Buffy the Vampire Slayer which is one of the best television shows there. Then, Angel which is almost as good or even better than Buffy(season 1 and 5 are awesome, 2 an 3 are very good, and season 4 is meh...). Then you have Firefly, which is considered on the the best tv series before it got cut.(I'm getting my Info from Imdb rating system as of today it has a 9.5/10 and 28,998 votes, so sue me if you disagree). Then the movie Serenity which I thought was awesome. Then now Dollhouse which I haven't really watched yet cause i want to see it get more season before I invest in it or I'll have another Firefly.

What I'm trying to say is, Joss Whedon is a god when it comes the scifi/fantasy shows, and y'know what would have helpedout Stargate, Joss Whedon, hey TPTB take something from this and call him up and ask him to help on Stargate Universe people(I know he can't cause of copyrights and the such, I just think it would be cool)
      Yes, yes he is.
      *looks at post again*
      and season 4 is meh...
      What? It's the best season. Everything's explained and most of the arcs are wrapped up! And its one long episode!! That takes balls.
      "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
      "Those who abandon the path are evil."
      "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
        Dollhouse has been renewed. And if you haven't watched it yet, wait for the DVD box set. They cheated Joss out of the last episode. He redid the pilot because Fox wanted it more "mainstream" so Fox used that as an excuse to say they wouldn't air the last episode because they are counting the FIRST pilot which put Joss over one episode. And episode 6 is where Fox let him be Joss. you can tell the studio had restrictions in the first episodes. bleepers.

I'm almost done season 3 of Angel and had watched the first 3 seasons of Buffy right before starting on Angel. I'm going to say that the first 3 seasons of Angel is BETTER than Buffy's. Now excuse me while I duck and RUN!
        I guess that I will be interested in it you said that FOX let him be himself by the 6 episode, cool cause I watched a couple episodes and thought looks OK, but it didn't really feel like Joss, y'know. To be truthful I'm actually kind of shocked that the show was on FOX anyway, cause the way that they cheated him with Firefly. If they didn't screw the way that they showed Firefly people would have like it more, I watched the First air episode of Firefly and it didn't make any sense of I stop watching it, then years later my roommate bought the Box Set and said 'I've heard a lot of great things about it,' within two days we watched all the episodes, then we started watching it again, and again until two weeks later we bought Season One of Stargate SG-1, and well the rest is history.
        The main reason that the early seasons of Buffy aren't as good as Angel is 'cause, I think, that Joss Whedon was just getting his stuff together, I loved the second season of Buffy cause its where Angel goes bad and the way that David Boreanaz plays Angel bad is fantastic. The first season of Angel is awesome, especially when Alexis Denisof joins the cast.

What? It's the best season. Everything's explained and most of the arcs are wrapped up! And its one long episode!! That takes balls.
        I just didn't like the Big Bad, I like The Beast a lot but what I didn't like was Jasmine, she was just a meh.. bad guy, I loved Gina Torres, I just didn't like that a High Power would start an apocalypse for the good of man kind. Now season 5 on the other hand was awesome, I loved the way that they actually worked for Wolfram & Hart, It just seem so awesome that the bad guy was starring them in the face and basically laughing at them through out the whole season, also loved that Lindsey came back.
        Last edited by sramir2; 20 June 2009, 12:12 AM.

Spoiler:
        "Her words exactly."

"No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you."
        "Thank you."

"Will you excuse me? We just don't get out of Cheyenne Mountain enough. I'm gonna grab some air... outside. General, Captain, General... waiter."

"General."
        "That snippiness?"
        "Is that a word?"

"You mean bluff?"
        "Which is nothing."

Comment

I just didn't like the Big Bad, I like The Beast a lot but what I didn't like was Jasmine, she was just a meh.. bad guy, I loved Gina Torres, I just didn't like that a High Power would start an apocalypse for the good of man kind. Now season 5 on the other hand was awesome, I loved the way that they actually worked for Wolfram & Hart, It just seem so awesome that the bad guy was starring them in the face and basically laughing at them through out the whole season, also loved that Lindsey came back.
          It's not like angel ever really had a big bad. It wasn't that kind of show. Jasmine was a very nuanced character. It's not supposed to be about Jamine being bad and we have to stop her. The viewer is supposed to be left with the questions of weather Jasmine was really bad.
          Spoiler:

" And how many will die because of you? I could've stopped it, Angel. All of it. ... How many precious, beautiful lives would've been saved in a handful of years? Yes, I murdered thousands to save billions."

Then the ultimate evil hands over the keys to their operation for ending world peace. And they aren;t sure they did the right thing ever. grey and grey morality at it's best.
          "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
          "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

I just didn't like the Big Bad, I like The Beast a lot but what I didn't like was Jasmine, she was just a meh.. bad guy, I loved Gina Torres, I just didn't like that a High Power would start an apocalypse for the good of man kind.
            I agree with you in that Jasmine and those last couple of episodes in S4 were both pretty meh (except for the finale). But before she showed up, the whole apocalypse arc (with the Beast, Faith returning and all that crazy stuff) was great. Rain of fire? Blocking out the sunlight?! Crazy. It was the darkest the show ever got.

I'd probably say it's the third best season behind S3 and S5. You said S1 was awesome, but I actually found it to be pretty average for the most part. The show was still finding it's way at that point.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

The reason why I liked Season One show much is that it gave us Buffy for a couple episodes, and it also gave us the beginning of the Faith Arc. I also thought the death of Doyle was awesome and sad at the same time, and also them bringing in of Welsey was awesome.

It's not like angel ever really had a big bad. It wasn't that kind of show. Jasmine was a very nuanced character. It's not supposed to be about Jamine being bad and we have to stop her. The viewer is supposed to be left with the questions of weather Jasmine was really bad.
              I know that Jasmine brought forth the question "How many people would you kill to save the world?" I like the season until Jasmine appeared then it just seemed to go down hill. I'm not the big of a fan of Connor, he just seemed like very similar to what Vala was in of Season 10, it just seemed like they were both saturated through out the season that they were in Vala in Season 10 of Stargate and Connor in Season 4 of Angel.

Spoiler:
              "Her words exactly."

"Thank you."

"General."
              "That snippiness?"
              "Is that a word?"

"You mean bluff?"
              "Which is nothing."

Comment

T I'm not the big of a fan of Connor, he just seemed like very similar to what Vala was in of Season 10, it just seemed like they were both saturated through out the season that they were in Vala in Season 10 of Stargate and Connor in Season 4 of Angel.
                I disagree. Connor brought a point of view that was absent before, and became a very good foil for angel. And
                Spoiler:
                Darla's
                appearance to talk to him was one of the most heartbraking thing's ive seen in my life. Then to see him finnally give up and angel have to
                Spoiler:
                erase his memories to make him better

It's heartbreaking, and one of the best moments in the whole series.
                "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

I agree with Mastage Kidd. Connor may have been a punk during S3/4, but he brought a lot to the show. I thought the episode where he was exploring Los Angeles was great (Brave New World?).

And yeah, Home was just tragic. The 'new', more likable Connor in S5 was great. A shame we didn't see more of him at that point.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

yeah he is cool , he is so cool he is ice cold !!
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                      I agree with Mastage Kidd. Connor may have been a punk during S3/4, but he brought a lot to the show. I thought the episode where he was exploring Los Angeles was great (Brave New World?).

And yeah, Home was just tragic. The 'new', more likable Connor in S5 was great. A shame we didn't see more of him at that point.
                      i was always hoping buffy would show up and slap connor around he needed a attitude adjustment

Comment

I know what your saying about what Connor brought to the show, I guess it was that I didn't like the character I guess that maybe what through me off. I liked him better in Season 5 did I did in Season 3/4. 'Home' was awesome cause it opened up season 5 and it made sense why he gave up him up for the better.

Spoiler:
                        "Her words exactly."

"Thank you."

"General."
                        "That snippiness?"
                        "Is that a word?"

"You mean bluff?"
                        "Which is nothing."

Comment

Working...
                        X