This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your "Next Greatest Sci-Fi"

Most of us do have an idea for a television series or movie about a certain sci-fi genre that we think would be awesome to see.

I actually have three right now

The first one is about a group of people who were sent out to another planet in cryogenic sleep but were betrayed and actually spent 180,000 years journying across the galaxy. I know, i know it sounds like Red Dwarf and Voyager and god knows how many.

My second one is actually set here at my uni about a superhero who is sent back through time to guide the first group of superheroes here to fight the evil supervillians. I was actually thiking about writing this as a book.

My third one was essentially a remake of Super Mario Brothers but not that cheesey. Kind of dark and mysterious with lots of screaming and death in it and CGI monsters and such.

What are you ideas or sci-fi show?
    Last edited by escyos; 19 June 2009, 04:55 AM.

oh and a fourth

its called: "Mythos"

basically the atlanteans (not the Ancients) were destroyed by an evil atlantean and he froze himself and was revived in the future and tries to take over the world and searched for ancient technology that was built by the atlanteans such as Icarus' Wings and Thor's Hammer.
    A group caleld Mythos search for these to stop the evil guy.

Comment

I have ideas.

But I still have hopes of getting around to writing and getting published, so no sharing here

I do think though, that classic Star Trek could be rebooted/reimagined a la Battlestar Galactica with incredible success. And I love my TOS as-is, so hopefully that's saying a lot about how much potential I think is there.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have a few.

One is about a colony of Humans trying to coexist on a planet ruled by dragons.

Another is similar, about a society of Humans trying to get along with dragons, only here, Humans and dragons have always shared the planet. But, the dragons hibernate for a thousand years. During that time, stories have been told among the Humans, putting the dragons in a bad light. So, now that the dragons are waking up, they have to learn to get along again.

The third is a bit different, a take on the Flying Dutchman story. An 18th-19th century sailing vessel that keeps jumping uncontrollably through time.
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
          I have a few.

The third is a bit different, a take on the Flying Dutchman story. An 18th-19th century sailing vessel that keeps jumping uncontrollably through time.
          cool
          Last edited by escyos; 19 June 2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

A sitcom about a bunch of super villains who are trying to reform but they constantly get harassed by a group of rowdy super heroes.

An epic about the last surviving species from eons into the future where the universe continues to expand into infinity and entropy is reaching a point where there's almost no usable energy left. As a last resort, this race uses what's left of its energy reserves to travel back in time to a point where the expansion of the universe has not yet reached an irreversible level where they hope to collapse the universe back into a singularity and create a new big bang.

Comment

Live action Ghostbusters TV show would be great.

As for original ideas I have a few but don´t have the time to write them up right now.

Comment

I would like to see a show deal with Atlantis and Lemuria, and all the underground cities, Mount Shasta, Telos and The Agartha Network.

Or a live action series based on Fathom, the Michael Turner comic from Top Cow.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                  An epic about the last surviving species from eons into the future where the universe continues to expand into infinity and entropy is reaching a point where there's almost no usable energy left. As a last resort, this race uses what's left of its energy reserves to travel back in time to a point where the expansion of the universe has not yet reached an irreversible level where they hope to collapse the universe back into a singularity and create a new big bang.
                  sounds very similar to a book called "cities in flight"

how about a series where in the far future humanity has gone through a time of great technology based on nanites but something happens and the nanites all get a very contagious virus so all nanotechnology becomes useless, and about how humanity tries to carry on after becoming so dependant on godlike technology (this idea is inspired by the workds of alastair reynolds) buildings that were shaped by nanotechnology could start to melt and become mutated, some people who rely on nanotechnology could put themselves in machines that seal themselves off from the infected nanotechnology, almost like a cross between coffins and wheelchairs lol.

also there would be no aliens but genetic engineering would be very common for both practical and cosmetic uses. this could be fun to see humans with all sorts of weird cosmetic stuff, or 4 arms or whatnot, and would be a good way to explain why even the weirdest "aliens" still look like people in makeup. because they aren't aliens
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been working on trying to make my own sci-fi shows for about 5 years or so now. I doubt I would put them online though, as they are not really accessible and too niche for most people.

That said, my idea is to do a sci-fi show that is much like a "nature documentary" with a human narrator talking over the top. Its going to follow the entire history of an ultra-powerful alien race (they arent humanoid or even relatable at all) from their birth to their glorious victory/end. I want to use the alien race as a kind of looking-glass to see beyond the material universe and other dimensions and kind of show whats out there. There will not be any humans in it at all, it would be entirely alien.

There wouldnt be any characters or dialogue - bar the human narration, and this will put most people off since they seem to need something to relate to (hence I wouldnt bother promoting it or releasing it), but its something iv wanted to do my whole life - and because its what iv always wanted to see purely for myself.

Because that is such a huge project, iv been learning and doing smaller scale projects to learn the technology as well as tell smaller stories iv had in my head. I've put a few experimental films on youtube, but I doubt anyone would be interested as they arent exactly "professional" (its hard to do epic-scale pure alien sci-fi in your bedroom on your own!).
                    Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                    Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I got an idea for a sci fi story called 'Star Stream'

Did you catch that? It's called Star Stream!
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        I got an idea for a sci fi story called 'Star Stream'

Did you catch that? It's called Star Stream!
                        that's pretty good, although it is too much like a star wars star trek hybrid.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

I had a Idea that a high school from ohio was sent back in time to Ancient Egypt. One of the history teachers specialty was Egyptian history. Will help communicate with the native people. Trying to understand what happened, The students are caught up in a war between Egypt and Rome. Struggling for survival.

What do you think.

Comment

Originally posted by leeman15251 View Post
                            I had a Idea that a high school from ohio was sent back in time to Ancient Egypt. One of the history teachers specialty was Egyptian history. Will help communicate with the native people. Trying to understand what happened, The students are caught up in a war between Egypt and Rome. Struggling for survival.

What do you think.
                            sounds like a good idea for one of those educational documentries with a plot, it could be good, but not as a mainstream show imho.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X