This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are reading at the moment?

Im reading the Night Watch... Just bought it randomly, Id heard of it but its fantastic none the less.....

For those of you that haven't heard of it, its set in Moscow and is the first of a trilogy, which are currently been made into movies (the first has been made already) Its about the night watch, basically a sort of magical police, the night watch who are the followers of good, who work at night ensuring the truce between them and the day watch (followers of evil who work at day) is maintained..
    Im about 1/3 into it, and its excellent, very popular series in Russia

What about you?
    I dunno what to put in here now..

I'm reading Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris, which is the second book in the Southern Vampire Mysteries. Apparently I have been living under a rock for the last 8 years because I had never heard a peep about this series, or HBO's True Blood, which is huge and based on the books, until about a month ago when I got a the first disc of the TV show in a mislabeled sleeve from Netflix.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the stories yet, they're a bit too harlequin romance for me, but they are easy to read, fast paced, a few of the characters show a lot of promise, and they are pretty entertaining. And only $6, so I'll stick with it for a bit, see if they get better.

I also just finished Hero by Perry Moore, which is a coming of age, embracing our difference, equal rights, gay super-hero love story. It was an interesting read, though I did find myself skimming quite a bit of it.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

This is everything I've read so far in June.

Harry Potter Books 1-7
      Ranger's Apprentice Book 1
      Spiderwick Chronicles Books 1-5
      The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (The Movie was better!)
      Carrie

Comment

Jon Lee Anderson's biography of Che Guevera.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Genertaion Kill by Evan Wright about the 2004 war in Iraq
          sigpic

Comment

I've just finished reading Twilight and moving onto New Moon
            sigpic
            Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
              Genertaion Kill by Evan Wright about the 2004 war in Iraq
              I've seen most of the HBO miniseries but I had no idea it was based on a book. I'll have to check it out.
              Originally posted by Callista
              Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
              Originally posted by HPMom
              She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Just Finished Celia Friedman's Coldfire Trilogy
                sigpic

Comment

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Wanted to reread it before the movie comes out.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                    This is everything I've read so far in June.

Harry Potter Books 1-7
                    Ranger's Apprentice Book 1
                    Spiderwick Chronicles Books 1-5
                    The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (The Movie was better!)
                    Carrie
                    Do you do anything aside from read if you read them in 17 days????
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I've got 3 Stargate novels going...

SG1- A Matter of Honor
                      SGA - Rising
                      SGA - The Chosen

Then there is...

Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles: The Golden One

And...

Robert J. Wagner: Pieces of my Heart ~a biography.

as well as...

Clive Cussler's Atlantis Found

Also...

Stephen King's Lisey's Story

Oh, and...

Roger Stern's The Life and Death of Superman
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                        Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Wanted to reread it before the movie comes out.
                        I had to stop doing that. I find I enjoy the movies better if I'm a tad blurry on the books.

I am re-reading the Lord of Chaos, the sixth book in the Wheel of Time series. I want to have all 11 re-read before the net one comes out in the fall. Since I don't have a lot of reading time I mostly do it before bed now. I might have to find a baby sitter before long just so I can get more reading in, lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
                          I had to stop doing that. I find I enjoy the movies better if I'm a tad blurry on the books.

I am re-reading the Lord of Chaos, the sixth book in the Wheel of Time series. I want to have all 11 re-read before the net one comes out in the fall. Since I don't have a lot of reading time I mostly do it before bed now. I might have to find a baby sitter before long just so I can get more reading in, lol.
                          The book's always better than the movie anyway. Not just in the HP fandom either, just in general.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

I'm also reading Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

I'm currently reading The Legend Of Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X