This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new X-files show?

Not really a prequil, but set in the time of Mulders dad showing his work for the state department on the x-files? It could show the original creation of the conspiracy and M-12. They could do a forrest gump and weave their stories into historical events of the period.

And dont forget that cigarette smoking man was having an affair with Mulders wife. People love emotional drama.

Besides it would be cool to see period costumes and cars and good old fashioned monsters-of-the-week in the mighty X-files manner again.

Gillian Anderson narrating please.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    Not really a prequil, but set in the time of Mulders dad showing his work for the state department on the x-files? It could show the original creation of the conspiracy and M-12. They could do a forrest gump and weave their stories into historical events of the period.

And dont forget that cigarette smoking man was having an affair with Mulders wife. People love emotional drama.

Besides it would be cool to see period costumes and cars and good old fashioned monsters-of-the-week in the mighty X-files manner again.

What would be the point in doing a prequel? We already know how its going to turn out.

Comment

I like the sound of a lot of that, but sadly, I don't ever see it happening.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I like the sound of a lot of that, but sadly, I don't ever see it happening.
        I think time has pretty much passed this franchise by. One of the biggest problems with X files is it ran 4 seasons to long.

Comment

Originally posted by Garovorkin View Post
          I think time has pretty much passed this franchise by. One of the biggest problems with X files is it ran 4 seasons to long.
          Personally, I still enjoyed a lot of those last 4 seasons.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Personally, I still enjoyed a lot of those last 4 seasons.
            I loved the show but it seesm to me that they creatively bleed it dry

Fight for the Future was little bmore then a TV Episode masquerading as a big Budget film. The mistake that they made was i that they should not have made it a continuation of the series, rather they should have done it as a stand alone and they should have end the series before they did any movies. Thast just my take.

Comment

I remember liking that the movie took place during the series. But, to each their own.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I remember liking that the movie took place during the series. But, to each their own.
                The Xfiles is a bit of a sore spot with me, It is one of my favorite shows but from my stand point it stayed around too long. by theif you do like x files then you might want to check out the Quatermass movies and tv serials

1 The Quatermass Experiment
                2 Quatermass II both based on a serial.
                3 Quatermass and the Pit 1967 the best of the series and one of the greatest scif movies ever made. it was based of the 6 part serial made in 1958 the tv version is one of the finest scif tv drams ever made.
                4 The Quatermass Conclusion serial 1979 is good as well. Quatermass is a wonderful precursor to the X files the character was created by television and movie writer Nigel Kneale

Als check out the 1957 hammer Horro scif classic X from the Unknown, it to has an Xfiles feel to it as well.
                Last edited by Garovorkin; 07 June 2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garovorkin View Post
                  The Xfiles is a bit of a sore spot with me, It is one of my favorite shows but from my stand point it stayed around too long. by theif you do like x files then you might want to check out the Quatermass movies and tv serials

1 The Quatermass Experiment
                  2 Quatermass II both based on a serial.
                  3 Quatermass and the Pit 1967 the best of the series and one of the greates scif movies ever made. it was based of the 6 part serial made in 1958 the tv version is one of the finest scif tv drams ever made.
                  4 The Quatermass Conclusion serial 1979 is good as well. Quatermass is a wonderful precursor to the X files the character was created by television and movie writer Nigel Kneale

Als check out the 1957 hammer Horro scif classic X from the Unknown, it to has an Xfiles feel to it as well.
                  I will have to check some of those out.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well Mulders dad is nothing like his son, he may have tried to do the right thing in the end but he was complicit with the whole thing. Heck he even gave his son/daughter up for experimenting. Its a very different dynamic. Plus we missed out on alot of stuff that would be interesting from the 'bad guys' point of view as it were. Stuff like the alien rebels, the first contact, and the whole point of invasion. Theres alot of holes that could be filled quite dramaticlly and theres alot more conspiracy theories to touch on. Not to mention world event and paranoia. How many people believe the goverment was behind the katrina levees or 9-11 or iraq. Theres a whole new generation of paranoia to expliot!

Comment

Unless they call the next movie "I GOTTA BELEIVE" and subject the characters to a Parappa The Rapper musical...I don't anymore dated 90s television that was so stuck-up-it's-arse it'd rather show me it's arse than tell a clear story I can follow.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post

Nah. The writers had a hard enough time keeping their narrative straight the first time around, without trying to weave in new material staying consistent with 9 years of old material.

I loved The X-Files all the way through, even the Doggett/Reyes stuff; and even the new movie was quite watchable the second time through. That said though, I'll be very happy with the franchise coming to an end if they do a final movie involving the loose plot threads from the series mythology/finale.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Nah. The writers had a hard enough time keeping their narrative straight the first time around, without trying to weave in new material staying consistent with 9 years of old material.

I loved The X-Files all the way through, even the Doggett/Reyes stuff; and even the new movie was quite watchable the second time through. That said though, I'll be very happy with the franchise coming to an end if they do a final movie involving the loose plot threads from the series mythology/finale.
                          Yeah, I could probably live with that. I just hope we get that final movie.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I missed The Lone Gunmen , they shouldn't have killed them off like that it was stupid
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                            X