This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Science Fiction Movies and Series of all Time

For example under the category of Stupid Pet Tricks, movies and series that get the sciences all wrong. Special effects that range from Mediocre to "oh my god the hero is being menaced by a bad special effect" Diabolical acting and abysmal writing. Directors who should not be allowed to direct traffic let alone movies, inept editing , bad production, And under the category of " Oh what were they thinking?" worst concept for a movie or science fiction series and biggest hack job of a classic .
    Last edited by Garovorkin; 07 June 2009, 04:50 AM.

The X-files: I want to believe..I was so looking forward to seeing the X-files again. Well I saw it and was so disappointed. It could have been any movie, it wasn't x-filesy, it was very slow for most parts. It was just plain bad, very bad
    sigpic

Comment

Planet of the Apes (2001) is without a doubt the clear winner. I've never seen any remake so offensively bad as it was. To this day, the only other Tim Burton project I've even allowed myself to see was his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake. You can guess how well that went over.

As far as television goes, there's a few contenders in mind:
      • Star Trek voyager -- such enormous potential and promise here, hopelessly squandered by lousy effects, cardboard acting, and astonishingly bad writing
      • Star Trek enterprise -- prequel, 'nuff said
      • Earth Final Conflict -- namely season 5, but more generally its slide from being great to being just awful from about halfway through season 2 till the end
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Species and Waterworld were god awful that should never have seen the light of day
        sigpic

Comment

Worst show: Star Trek: The Original Series. Ten minutes into the first episode I was yelling: Please, make it stop!!

Worst movie: Planet of the Apes (remake) No, just no.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
            Worst show: Star Trek: The Original Series. Ten minutes into the first episode I was yelling: Please, make it stop!!
            Aaaaand you've just forfeited all being-taken-seriously rights
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just hate cheesy-ness of it. I can't stand tv-shows from that era. Not even Doctor Who and I love the new show almost as much as I love stargate.
              sigpic

Comment

One of the worse TV shows was Twilight zone, that was just plain weird and confusing
                sigpic

Comment

SuperBabies: Baby Geniuses 2, end of topic.

Comment

Virtually every superhero movie ever, and for a series - Primeval. And yes, before you say it, it was your sig that made me think of it.

Comment

Space 1999 Moon gets blown out of orbit and hurled into space, it traveling slower the n speed of light yes they are able to visit planets. The show had some interesting episodes and ti is entertaining if you can suspend alot of disbelief.

Comment

The last 4 seasons of X-Files. Utterly unwatchable. A pity really, because I love the early seasons.
                        Just about any 60s and 70s sci-fi show. They're only interesting in the way they describe the period they were made in. TOS is by far my least favorite Trek and parts of it make me cringe. Ditto Space 1999!
                        I haven't been able to watch Lost after the first two seasons because I got tired of all the questions without answers.
                        sigpic

Comment

The Black Hole, first off how could a ship like the Cygnus possibly manage to stay aloft over a black whole in the first Place?

Comment

Originally posted by Garovorkin View Post
                            The Black Hole, first off how could a ship like the Cygnus possibly manage to stay aloft over a black whole in the first Place?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Virtually every superhero movie ever, and for a series - Primeval. And yes, before you say it, it was your sig that made me think of it.
                              *hits Jenks with a prehistoric fish*

Oh I thought of another TV show....LOST....Does that count as scifi, i'm still not sure if it does but it was utterly crap!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X