This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Borg against vampires

I was told that thsi didn't belong in the Star Trek section so not sure where to post this.

But I was wondering so as to ponder what wuld a battle between the Borg and vampires be like? The borg don't come across as fully living or undead so I think it would be an interesting encounter.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

i think the question is, would the borg learn anything from vampires?
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      i think the question is, would the borg learn anything from vampires?
      I wonder...... Indeed what could they learn?

Comment

they already have a type of immortality through machines, what would be the benefit of biological immortality with the expense of the requirement of blood, of course the borg would clone blood in vats or something
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          they already have a type of immortality through machines, what would be the benefit of biological immortality with the expense of the requirement of blood, of course the borg would clone blood in vats or something

Well they wouldn't be able to attack in daylight thus finding them and slaughtering them would be made easier. Just carry massive spotlights with light emiiters on them. That' kill em.....

I always find that a flaw in vampire stories when they're all asleep or hiding in the daylight why the fearless heroes don't burn down their lair or jsut kill them while they sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Well they wouldn't be able to attack in daylight thus finding them and slaughtering them would be made easier. Just carry massive spotlights with light emiiters on them. That' kill em.....

I always find that a flaw in vampire stories when they're all asleep or hiding in the daylight why the fearless heroes don't burn down their lair or jsut kill them while they sleep.
            Sometimes they do, other times the stupid girl in the movie has been taken hostage by the vampire and the heroes have to rescue her. Other times the vampires live in a cave, which are hard to burn down.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              Sometimes they do, other times the stupid girl in the movie has been taken hostage by the vampire and the heroes have to rescue her. Other times the vampires live in a cave, which are hard to burn down.

Caves can be filled with fire or explosives and blow them suckers to bits.

How can a girl be held hostage in daylight? Surely they can find her... No rescue needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Caves can be filled with fire or explosives and blow them suckers to bits.

How can a girl be held hostage in daylight? Surely they can find her... No rescue needed.
                If the girl is in vampires dark lair where there isn't any sun, or I dunno, locked in a room or tied up, it would be pretty easy for her to be held hostage, or even enthralled by the vampire.

The thing about blowing up a cave, could you be absolutely sure you got all the vampires? Demolishing something like that is probably harder than you think. Plus you'd have to go into the cave to set explosives, which I sure as hell wouldn't want to do.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

The borg would only ever assimilate the useful part of the vampire DNA, immortality of biological level could free up the nano bots to do other stuff. They would ignore stuff like daylight vulerabilities and other problematic parts of being a vamp.

Wonder about the cross through.

Comment

Working...
                  X