Replicators in the star trek universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators in the star trek universe

lets say the MW reps at the time they were controlled by carter mangered to get them selves into a new universe (star trek universe at the time voyager ends) by some ancient tech they found. they came in to the universe with just 1 spider ship but they lander on a world in the middle of no where with no advanced races near by and the world had a race with about the same tech we do today and they used all the resourses from that world to replicate.

how far do u think the reps could get?
    would they take the galaxy?
    could any1 stop them (Q would stay out of it)?
    Last edited by mickhhh; 16 June 2009, 02:31 PM.

they will defeat everyone

Comment

I can just see it now. Hundreds if not thousands of Replicator worldships, gained by taking out the federation the klingons and everyone else in that quadrant, flying into borg territory and absolutely tearing them to shreds, eating them, and assimilating all the knowledge that they have accumulated.

But that may just be a pure fan fantasy on my part.
      Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 26 May 2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I would suspect that some federation scientist on the Enterprise or Titan or other "hero" ship would devise a way to turn the deflector dish into an ARW.

Comment

Replicators, but I think like the post^
          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

... depends on who the writers are rooting for. Personally I am rooting for the Replicators because I think that they should at least be able to take over one universe and the trek universe seems as good as any.

Comment

seeing that everyone uses phasers... replicators.

totally depends on what planet they land on and what species they encounter. if someone happens to be smart enough to blow up the solar system fast enough...

also, if they have all the tech from moments before they were destroyed, trek can better say goodbye

Comment

I wouldn't put it past the Borg to stop them. Either by figuring out ARG technology or by using their own nanoprobes to attack the Replicators from the inside out or from some sort of hacking the Asgard managed it. The ST universe would do better then the SG one thats for sure.

The Replicators are the one trump card the SG universe has in any Vs debate. If the 29th century Federation saw what was happening and decided it was in breach of the timeline then the Replicators would be screwed. 29th century federation technology is uber beyond belief.

Or the Borg could fight the Replicators learn as much as possible then go back in time to when the Replicators first arrived and destroy them before they get too powerful.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

well, we dont know what timeline we drop them in. there are many ways the replis go victor, however it all relies on how they adapt and what they encounter and how everyone reacts to them. again, it also totally depends on what era replicator you use. latest era means that they are extremely hard to kill due to both nanites and blocks being used.

most likely scenario is an equibrillium with the borg, only borg's sheer numbers buying them the time to go into the equibrillium state.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    well, we dont know what timeline we drop them in. there are many ways the replis go victor, however it all relies on how they adapt and what they encounter and how everyone reacts to them. again, it also totally depends on what era replicator you use. latest era means that they are extremely hard to kill due to both nanites and blocks being used.

most likely scenario is an equibrillium with the borg, only borg's sheer numbers buying them the time to go into the equibrillium state.
                    Well really its a case of whether the ST races can think of a way to stop the replicators. The sheer numbers of everyone in the ST universe would slow the Replicators down and give the major powers a chance to think of a way to stop them.

If we bring in races like the Druoda then they could be a real pain. They have sentinent warp capable missiles with yields 4 times that of a gatebuster. Give the Borg that technology and it could messy. There's also the Voth who were capable of effortlessly keeping the Borg at bay, they could possibly come up with a way to stop the Replicators. Then there's species 8472 (who had the Borg on the verge of defeat in months), I doubt the Replicators could assimilate their technology and Species 8472 control an entire alternate dimension.

Really it would come down to holding the Replicators at bay until a solution or means to stop them could be found. Needless to say the Replicators would have a ton of ships + resources to absorb.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

After thinking about what I know about both the Borg and the Replicators I would say that it is unlikely that the Borg would be able to do much of anything to the Replicators, even with their massive numbers. Which depending on who the Replicators started attacking first would quickly become null and void.

If the Replicators took on anyone other than the Borg first I would say they are completely and utterly capable of taking over the galaxy, any several others in the local group.

Replicators do not just steal technology the refine it and in some cases make new discoveries that the original designers had never even conceived of. Because of that I believe that it is only a matter of time before the Replicators can rework matter on a subatomic scale thus they could make use of all matter in the universe. Of course I have no idea how much time it would take between them discovering the federation, or other races, replication technology and them making the Sub-Atomic Reconstructor.

Personally I do not believe that the Borg's nanoprobes would be of any use against Replicators as they are primarily geared towards organic life.

Comment

y'know Piccard actually found the solution at least for the block form replicators. they have the same weakness as the borg, Tommy guns
                        And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

Have you noticed that the Federation has never used projectile weapons on the Borg, I dunno if they did afterwards. I doubt that Star Fleet would approve of such things on their ships. Wall disintegrating, whenever convienient, energy weapons on a starship sure have fun but bullets that would just be a dumb idea.

I still favor the Replicators though if we were doing this from the perspective of Picard then they would probably lose.

Comment

Replicators and Borg are so simmilar it's hard to tell. They both adapt quickly and both are parts of one big collective. I'd personally give it to the Replicators because of thier ability to take any form that they need.
                            Originally posted by Craig Charles
                            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Asuran nanites are unable to defeat Dr Weir's immune system, modified Borg nanoprobes would eat them alive.

Comment

Working...
                              X