goauld tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goauld tech

if all of the goauld's tech is stolen... who created the pyramid mother ships, haatak ships and gliders?

The technology required to create a Ha'tak or Glider is stolen.. the designs are Goa'uld.

Comment

Goa'uld remind me of Roman Empire. They have good engineers and architects, but all the science is stolen from the neighbors.
      MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

The basis of Goa-uld tech would have been stolen from various sources thoughout the galaxy,

as those who invented or had such tech would have become hosts and slaves,

that knowledge would have then become known to them .The Goa-uld would have designed all their ships.
        sigpic

Comment

The Goa'uld designed them, the tech comes from else where.
          Like the rings, they are ancient.
          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

while we all understand that the tech was stolen, we've still no idea from whom. Perhaps a race thats been long extinct, or maybe a little bit from many. The fact is that we know a lot more about the history of the wraith then we do of the goauld. Perfect segway for a movie. Why not explain their uprising? Did they, perhaps wipe out the furlings for example? We're they always evil? Maybe they lived with a race symbiotically for many years before they were betrayed. Maybe their betrayal was similar to the one where SG1 found a planet that was harvesting them for tritonin.

Comment

Personally I think that the Goa'uld started out as experiments by the Alterans on genetic memory storage and retrieval. As a result of these experiments they changed themselves so that they, alterans right now, could store and retrieve much more information over far longer periods of time than they were able to before this genetic modification. Of course in their haste to flee from the plague they inadvertently set the Goa'uld loose on that planet where they eventually scrambled into the heads of the Unas and due to their genetic memory they began an accelerated learning curve which inevitably gave rise to their evil empire.

At least that is one of my hypothesis's.

Comment

could probably work, since goa'uld seem to be the only non-humanoid alien we've dealt with so far. if one made it naturally, more would have.
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by IMDB
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

one thing i think is that the goauld just developed genetic memory themselves, possibly by an ancient ship crashing or so, and releasing radation.

they might have also altered their genome, they intruded into the unas who already had a primitive society and they rapidly advanced. possibly by going offworld and finding a different host and rapidly increasing their knowhow.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman
                    one thing i think is that the goauld just developed genetic memory themselves, possibly by an ancient ship crashing or so, and releasing radation.
                    That wouldn't be necessary. The genetic memory is much moere likely to be the result of natural evolution.

The pyramid design might be their own, or it may have been stolen from the Aliens in the Crystal Skull.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                      The pyramid design might be their own, or it may have been stolen from the Aliens in the Crystal Skull.
                      that is an excellent theory. All the more reason to do a prequel, explaining the rise of the goauld.

Comment

Originally posted by schlemmbot View Post
                        that is an excellent theory. All the more reason to do a prequel, explaining the rise of the goauld.
                        I know, it would be awesome, I said something like that in the Non SG1 Stargate Movies Thread. I know I am interested in the Origins of the Goa-uld.
                        They have become such a classic bad guy in the Stargate Series, that a prequel would work. Although I have been made aware that, that is not all that Stargate is, and such a prequel would be lost on a large percentage of the fans, because many like Stargate for the Modern Day Earth Aspect.

It is something that I have often wondered, Who did the Goa-uld get their technology from? I would say by their scavenger mentality, all over the galaxy from different civilizations, throughout their evolution.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                          could probably work, since goa'uld seem to be the only non-humanoid alien we've dealt with so far. if one made it naturally, more would have.
                          There was also the aliens 'seen' in Scorched Earth, the Bug like sulphur based peacful alien race.

Comment

I think that the Goa'uld tech started out as old devices created by the the ancient alliance (Alterran, Asgard, Nox & Furling) and scavenged by the Goa'uld after they started taking Unas hosts and worked out how to use the Stargates. Examples of this would be the Ring Transporters created by the Alterrans (seemingly before they left their home galaxy), the Crystal Interfaces (ie. Hand Ribbon & Portable Healing Device) which seem to be the basis of Asgard tech, the Sarcophagus which was created from the Alterran device found by Tel'chak and of course the Crystal Tray Computer tech which the Goa'uld incorporate into everything is lifted straight from the Stargates and DHDs.

What I can't figure out is where/when/how the Naqudah was introduced into their blood. One theory is that it was picked up from a host species between Unas and Humans but there is no evidence anywhere to support this.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Goa'ulds genetic memory would very likely be an result of physiological and mental evolution, that is the most believable theory. Not all advanced species will be humanoid.
                              They are a scavenger race, and so likely have derived their knowledge form discovered ancient technology, and being primitive themselves, could only reverse engineer a poor product from it. also inhabiting primitive humans and then advanced civilisations, they could have advanced slowly.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Working...
                              X