Gate Network Simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate Network Simulation

Does what it says on the box. Lets you dial in an address and takes you there, displaying the star scape as it does so. You can also look around using arrow keys and navigate manually by pressing space bar.

The address system used here bears resemblance to what they describe on the show, but how close it actually is is hard to tell. The gate addresses from the show will have no specific meaning here, but they will take you somewhere. Also, the point of origin is not implemented, so you only need the first 6 glyphs. As you select a constellation, view will rotate to focus on it.

This version is very rough. It has been a few days in the making, and is more of a proof of concept. A lot more can be done in terms of UI, framerate, and graphics. I'm not sure if it would be worth the time to continue work, though. So I'm putting it here in hopes of hearing some suggestions.

Reverse lookup program is very slow, but if you need an address for a specific object, this is what you want. You'll need to know right ascension, declination, and distance to object in parsecs.

Download Link via RapidShare (Feel free to mirror it if necessary.)

If you get lost, the coordinates for Earth are these:
    Last edited by K^2; 25 May 2009, 12:34 AM.
    MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Cool!
    sigpic

Comment

Only getting a white screen :/
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Vista?

I ran into a problem recently where it seems that orthogonal projection screws something up under some versions of Vista. I'll have to fix that in several of the programs that I have distributed to the public. I'll re-upload once I have a fix. I'll probably add spectral types to stars while I'm at it.
        MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Awww, I wanted to download this when I saw it but ive got Vista
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            Only getting a white screen :/

white screen for me also

Comment

well if you have bridge commander you can use stargate ship pack that is way superior to this
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

YAY!! I downloaded to try and it works on mine, nice

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                  well if you have bridge commander you can use stargate ship pack that is way superior to this
                  Ive got Bridge Commander and I downloaded a few mods but I coudnt get them to work and then my game just started to come up with a no cd message
                  sigpic

Comment

well use the 1.1 pach and plug the cd in when you start the game the stargate ship pack is realty nice and i found on the web a lantean screen-saver
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

Comment

I uninstalled it and downloaded Stargate ships for Star Trek Legacy, ill reinstall Bridge Commander tommorow and patch. Would running it on Vista be causing my problems?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ar3s View Post
                        I uninstalled it and downloaded Stargate ships for Star Trek Legacy, ill reinstall Bridge Commander tommorow and patch. Would running it on Vista be causing my problems?
                        Possibly. Did you run it with admin privileges? in WIN7 I have to do that, and run it in simulated XP SP3 mode.. works like dream. I have SG pack, SW pack, BSG pack.. and a nice Minbari Sharlin to top it off. feel free to PM me or harass me in MSN.
                        "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
                          Possibly. Did you run it with admin privileges? in WIN7 I have to do that, and run it in simulated XP SP3 mode.. works like dream. I have SG pack, SW pack, BSG pack.. and a nice Minbari Sharlin to top it off. feel free to PM me or harass me in MSN.
                          I did use the run as admin, but I don't think I changed the compatability mode, ill reinstall tommorow an ill let u know how I get on LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

you need to install a couple of addons to make the ships from the web work or else you will get a black screen and a cursor trust me on this i had the same problem on win xp but the game runs nice on vista never tried it on win7 but i prefer to keep my pc's on xp because is cheaper well back to the point i can make a tutorial on how to install the stargate ship pack 3 on you bridge commander take a look at this screen saver
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

Comment

Or you could just install BC, plus the 1.1 patch, and then add latest KM beta which includes all necessary mods, and after that, copypaste the SG mod files in there. Make sure that you have the v3.0 of SG mod pack.. and then, have fun.
                              "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Working...
                              X