Ancients and ori plague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients and ori plague

we no that the ancients were almost wiped out by the ori plague yet the ancients can heal each other.
    So how could they possibly have nealy been wiped out. the only way any1 should have died is if they were by them selves and had no 1 to heal them.
    does any1 else think this is a plot hole?

Who said it was Ori plague?

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      Who said it was Ori plague?
      Daniel Jackson has hypothesize that the Ori plague was the one the Ancients were suffering from when they left for Pegasus. i cant remmeber which episode it was though. if any can please let me no

Comment

Not all Ancients had healing powers. In fact, we have no way of knowing what percentage of the population had powers, period, let alone what percentage manifested healing abilities, specifically. It could've been extremely low for all we know.

Meanwhile, if you can heal others, you're going to get infected yourself and we saw with Ayiana that not only were her healing powers not able to fully fight the disease, (it seemed to just hold it back - we don't know if that would last forever though) but healing others exhausted her and eventually lead to her death. Also, healers can't heal other healers without re-infecting themselves (which may be able to extend their ability to heal others, but could eventually lead to exhaustion and death anyway) and we have no idea if all of them were as noble as Ayiana. After finding out the dangers there could have been uninfected healers who decided that it wasn't worth exposing themselves to the plague and just followed Atlantis to the Pegasus galaxy or went off somewhere to ascend. However, it's possible, that many healers were able to save quite a few lives before sucumming and those people eventually joined Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy (beyond Atlantis, we don't know how many other plague survivors relocated there).

Comment

its really simple. ever heard of the flu? its so mutating that you can never make a proper antidote.

the plague is the same, its so changing and adapting that either a heal-resistant version came into existance, or the ancients were too exhaused from healing the new variants over and over that they couldnt heal anymore and died

Comment

It wasn't the Ori, that idea was just floated by the ignorant Tau'ri. The Ancients had advanced powers and tech, but the plague was too much for them.

I've hypothesized an explanation for this and wrote it into my fanfic. Basic point...it was bioengineered to kill them...but not by the Ori.
            Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

maybe it was the furlings that conspired against them, which could be the reason they are never mentioned by any of the other allies? doesn't really add upp chronologically, but it's a nice theory
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by IMDB
              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
              Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                Daniel Jackson has hypothesize that the Ori plague was the one the Ancients were suffering from when they left for Pegasus. i cant remmeber which episode it was though. if any can please let me no
                Yes Daniel was speculating, that doesn't make it true.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                  maybe it was the furlings that conspired against them, which could be the reason they are never mentioned by any of the other allies? doesn't really add upp chronologically, but it's a nice theory
                  I concur. heheh

Like Killy said, viruses can adapt. Look at when Vala used the gould healer on the Ori disease. Workled at first but then simply stopped working throught oo much use. Or a real world example, anti-biotics. Slwoly but surely, we are using them too often and for things we don't desperately have to, and they are losing effect.
                  The ancients just may not have been able to cope with the adaptation.
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                  X