-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    --
    -

The game "Doom" (on PC and everyother computer including the Mega Drive), was an amazingly fun game in which you were a lone soldier, on Mars, staving off an attack from the demons of Hell (Big monster thingummys, as I like to call them) with a lot of guns. A good concept for a Arnie-type of film, yes?

Well, an article on IGN.com today proved what I feared: The Doom movie will a) NOT be on Mars. It'll be on a planet far, far away and b) will NOT feature hellspawn. It'll be mutants instead.

ALSO: Some scenes will be in first-person view, because "-it- was used to great effect in Doom 3".

Another great film concept bites the dust. I hate you, "Resident, Blooming, Evil"!

*weeps*

Good guy, Bad guy.....
    I'm the one with the gun.

A Doom Movie? Are they getting desperate or what?

I think the only thing we're gonna see in this movie is guns and stuff blowing up every 30 seconds. I might have to pass on this one.

Comment

You never know, it might've been good.

Like "Commando" standard.

I'm not kidding, btw...

Good guy, Bad guy.....
      I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

Yea, I heard this a few weeks ago. Sounds disgusting. Also, did you hear about the HALO movie? Sounds horrible aswell.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
          Yea, I heard this a few weeks ago. Sounds disgusting. Also, did you hear about the HALO movie? Sounds horrible aswell.
          Halo movie? They're making a Halo movie???

Oh god... PLEASE PLEASE don't screw up!!!!!
          sigpic
          In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
            Halo movie? They're making a Halo movie???

Oh god... PLEASE PLEASE don't screw up!!!!!
            Tell me about it. I'm sure the storyline would be the same, but I just don't see how they can turn a first person shooter into a game. And I don't see the Covenent looking good at all in that movie. Not one bit.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              Tell me about it. I'm sure the storyline would be the same, but I just don't see how they can turn a first person shooter into a game. And I don't see the Covenent looking good at all in that movie. Not one bit.
              Well, I've speculated that if they do a full CGI movie taking place during the events of the book "The Fall of Reach", then they might do a little better... but they better make the Master Chief look cool

Reasoning for CGI: that way they can keep ALL the voices they already have, because for the most part the actors are VERY different from what their characters look like.
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Working...
              X