X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Videodrome' remake

Universal confirms 'Videodrome' remake

Universal Pictures has confirmed that it will remake David Cronenberg's 1983 thriller Videodrome.

According to Variety, Ehren Kruger will pen the script and co-produce with Daniel Bobker.

The original movie starred James Woods as the boss of Civic TV Channel 83. Woods's character attempts to revive the channel with Videodrome, a series that features torture and murder, and pulls large viewing figures.

The new movie will reportedly "modernise the concept" and turn the film into a "large-scale sci-fi action thriller".

Cronenberg is not currently attached to work on the reboot.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...me-remake.html
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 27 April 2009, 01:17 PM.

Has Hollywood developed a new rule stating that they must announce 1 new remake a week and it not they shall be declared traitor and terminated.

An when they say modernise, they mean take a few pointers from modern day reality tv shows and when they say large what they really mean, making sure there is as little plot and character development as possible and many more explosions and SFX
    Last edited by knowles2; 27 April 2009, 03:53 PM.

Comment

this is the weirdest remake news ever.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X