With All Due Respect - SG-1 Drinking Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With All Due Respect - SG-1 Drinking Game

I've been watching seasons 1 and 2 of SG-1 on Hulu and have noticed that the phrase "With all due respect" is used to the point of abuse. Carter seems to use it the most. I don't know if I've ever seen a more blatant dialogue crutch on a show. Thus, I am inspired to make a drinking game from it.

What other lines and occurrences would you add to the SG-1 drinking game.

Only one rule to begin with: catch phrases don't count. (If you drink every time Teal'c says "Indeed" you will be too drunk to finish an episode.) We are looking for crutches and fallbacks that aren't intended to be noticed.

Originally posted by JoeMama78 View Post
    I've been watching seasons 1 and 2 of SG-1 on Hulu and have noticed that the phrase "With all due respect" is used to the point of abuse. Carter seems to use it the most. I don't know if I've ever seen a more blatant dialogue crutch on a show. Thus, I am inspired to make a drinking game from it.

Only one rule to begin with: catch phrases don't count. (If you drink every time Teal'c says "Indeed" you will be too drunk to finish an episode.) We are looking for crutches and fallbacks that aren't intended to be noticed.

How about the good ol' "Yes, sir". Of course, that would be another one where you might get pretty drunk by episode's end.
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I think its obvious.

Indeed should be a drinking game
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

With all due respect, sir, I think you should respectfully not drink.

That seems to be the format a lot, too. Sir.

They treat the word sir like an insult.

Comment

"This doesn't make any sense." (Said at least once an episode, but once probably will not do for the purpose of a game.)

How about:
          "I have no idea." (Also said at least once per episode.)

Maybe you'll have to combine both to get a good amount for a game.

Whatever is chosen, though, I don't think it will ever match 24's "perimeter" usage. Jeez, hubby and I tried that last Monday just for fun and my whole glass of wine was completely gone by the fifteen minute mark. If I had done the whole episode I think I'd be dead now!

Comment

"For crying out loud"?

(I'm mildly amused that I say that myself when I'm annoyed about something. I really don't know now whether I always used it, or picked it up off Stargate.)

Comment

walters dialing sequence

Comment

With all due respect, this is the military, Sir!

I'd imagine one would hear those words ad nauseum.

I'll add Daniel's "These people..." as in "These people are innocent," "We can't abandon these people..." "These people may have the key.." I think Jack even says it a time or two. What's wrong with "They?"

Comment

Spoiler:
                  With all due respect

I think that is an unfair accusation to make. LOl
                  sigpic

Comment

Colonel O'Neill seems to get yelled a lot. I think anytime SG1 offers to help somebody should count as well considering they do such a bad job or things get a whole lot worse before they get better. "With your permission Sir" could be another one
                    Some say that he has only one ear.
                    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                    All we know is he's called
                    sigpic

Comment

Side note: why is it that 'with all due respect' really means 'without any respect at all, but I'm going to pretend I have some'?

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                        "For crying out loud"?

(I'm mildly amused that I say that myself when I'm annoyed about something. I really don't know now whether I always used it, or picked it up off Stargate.)
                        That is certainly a Jackism that I picked up from the show and use all the time now.

Anyone calling Teal'c a Shol'va.
                        Originally posted by Callista
                        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                        Originally posted by HPMom
                        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Jack liked to use the word "cliche" a lot. But I'll go with "We never leave a man behind."
                          sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                            Side note: why is it that 'with all due respect' really means 'without any respect at all, but I'm going to pretend I have some'?
                            because this is exactly what it means
                            sigpic
                            Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Every time Jack gets proven wrong, or Daniel's naivety gets someone into trouble.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X