This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predators:- Robert Rodriguez helmed reboot

IESB.net is confirming a rumor, first reported by Bloody-Disgusting, that Sin City director Robert Rodriguez will reboot the Predator franchise with a new film, Predators, for 20th Century Fox.

Rodriguez will produce and direct the reboot, he told a news conference today at Troublemaker Studios, where Texas state politicians were in attendance to sign HB 873, the long-awaited reform of the Texas film incentive program.

"I'm going to be able to shoot my upcoming Machete here, a sci-fi action film called Nervewrackers, a reboot of the Predator series called Predators and a couple of smaller movies called Sin City 2 and The Jetsons," Rodriguez told reporters.

Here's how Bloody-Disgusting described Predators: "In the reboot, a team of commandoes face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters."
    http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/robert-...z-will-hel.php

I don't mind them going for a reboot since the AvP movie series pretty much killed what was whole and good of the franchise.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

it'll be R/15/18 rated i assume, being rodriguez, so all is good. unless he makes it like spy-kids, but i assume the jetsons is his next kids movie.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

This should be interesting.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Robert Rodriguez talks PREDATORS

AICN got a chance to question Rodriguez over the weekend on what exactly the situation is with this new Predator movie (is it a reboot, sequel, who is directing, etc) and exactly what involvment Rodriguez will have with the picture

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...-predators.php

Comment

Kinda scary, I became afraid of Robert Rodriguez with SpyKids, but I shall hope for something good.

Comment

Well at least it not a reboot and it now a sequel. Presuming he goes with his treatment. Hopefully it will be set on a alien planet somewhere.

Comment

I am really looking forward to this. For now, at least.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Robert Rodriguez explains his vision for Predators

Robert Rodriguez, who is developing a reboot/re-imagined film called Predators for Fox, told Ain't It Cool News that the movie is a sequel set on a jungle-like Predator planet.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/robert-...z-explains.php

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Kinda scary, I became afraid of Robert Rodriguez with SpyKids, but I shall hope for something good.
                    spy kids isn't that bad! it has a fifth element vibe where non of the actors take it too seriously.............. ignore the actual spy kids though, they are tedious.

without spy kids we wouldn't be getting machette...... film on the way apparently(carebears take note, "bad" language and brief nudity, don't watch then cry about it......... its not for you)

predator reboots......... it had to happen, they'll be remaking wolverine origins next week
                    Last edited by rlr149; 29 April 2009, 03:52 AM.
                    sigpic
                    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Schwarzenegger offered 'Predators' role

Arnold Schwarzenegger has been offered a role in the upcoming Predators movie, according to reports.

The actor has been asked to reprise his role of Major Alan 'Dutch' Schaefer from the original 1987 film, says Movie Hole.

Director Robert Rodriguez, who announced in April that he was planning to reboot the Predator franchise with a new sequel, has "reached out" to Schwarzenegger to make an appearance.

"Robert’s camp has just reached out to Arnie’s [camp]," a source said. "But they haven’t had a response yet."

Another insider added that "they’ve written a role for him".

Predators, produced by Rodriguez, will open in July 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...tors-role.html

Comment

its not a reboot anymore.rodriguez decided to mkae it just a straight up prequel instead which is why arnie is being offered a role in it.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                          its not a reboot anymore.rodriguez decided to mkae it just a straight up prequel instead which is why arnie is being offered a role in it.
                          it's still a reboot, all reboot means is that it is literally a reboot for the franchise, it's still the same franchise, except that it's new.
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

I am definitely a little excited about this movie.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              it's still a reboot, all reboot means is that it is literally a reboot for the franchise, it's still the same franchise, except that it's new.
                              lol i meant remake..not reboot...my bad

Comment

Working...
                              X