New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Coming

The Mirage Group has given the green light for development of a live-action major motion picture focusing on the origins of the iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, targeted for release in 2011.

Announcement of the latest (fifth) big screen version of the crime-fighting "heroes in a half-shell" comes on the day the Turtles kick off their 25th anniversary national "Shell-ebration" in New York City with multiple events that include the honor of lighting the Empire State Building in 'turtle green' and a unique outdoor presentation of their beloved first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film at the Tribeca Film Festival "Drive-In".

Have not every single live action film dealt with there origin in some shape or form.

I think by now everyone knows where they come from and you know what, they should really move the story along a little.

But I am guesting shredder going to big evil dude again, just like every previous film.

Comment

So this is another reboot of sorts? Come on! I love TMNT, but I don't know how many of these reboots I can take.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

as i said earlier, hollywood should really be more creative, come on its not that hard isnt it? dont need to reebot the turtles..they are just awesome as they are... love the movies and the cartoon...please dont change it !
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          as i said earlier, hollywood should really be more creative, come on its not that hard isnt it? dont need to reebot the turtles..they are just awesome as they are... love the movies and the cartoon...please dont change it !
          I think it is too late for that.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

im willing to give this a shot....not evert remake or reboot is bad....the batman reboot seems to be paying off,it looks and sounds(from early reviews) that star trek has payed off,the craig bond movies are pretty good.they just have to be done right.

Comment

I'm tired of reboots, I like TMNT, and wouldn't mind a reboot, but its getting crazy!

Comment

TMNT News Update

A bit of new information about the upcoming TMNT origins movie from Empire.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...f/news/?a=7148

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  TMNT News Update

A bit of new information about the upcoming TMNT origins movie from Empire.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...f/news/?a=7148
                  Hmmm, I can't wait to hear more about this movie. Especially after reading that.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Bay to produce 'Ninja Turtles' reboot

Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form have signed to produce a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

According to Deadline, the project will be a live-action film that reboots the New Line movie series of the 1990s. Galen Walker and Scott Mednick are also producing for Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon.

Platinum Dunes is the studio behind the recent A Nightmare on Elm Street remake as well as 2009's Friday the 13th update.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...es-reboot.html

Comment

I can't really complain about a reboot on Turtles. I feel the same as a lot of people in thread, sick of reboots and the same stuff being done over and over rather than originality but I loved the original movie, I loved the cartoon series (original), but the movie sequels (including CG) just weren't as good as the first.

That said, the original movies never really had an origin story so like the CG movie, this could very well fit into the live action trilogy if they don't include Casey, April, Shredder or The Foot.

sigpic

Comment

Nothing can top the 1990 film, why even try?
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          So this is another reboot of sorts? Come on! I love TMNT, but I don't know how many of these reboots I can take.
                          iot's all about the money
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            iot's all about the money
                            I know it is. I will probably end up giving it a shot anyways, just because I love TMNT.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Bay to produce 'Ninja Turtles' reboot

Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form have signed to produce a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

According to Deadline, the project will be a live-action film that reboots the New Line movie series of the 1990s. Galen Walker and Scott Mednick are also producing for Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon.

Platinum Dunes is the studio behind the recent A Nightmare on Elm Street remake as well as 2009's Friday the 13th update.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...es-reboot.html
                              Please go away Michael Bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X