This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of the King Extended Edition DVD

Part I of a detailed review of the Return of the King Extended DVD at the Digital Bits.

Details of added scenes and features. Looks very nice. Cant wait for my own to arrive! Some might be over done or over padded...but still seem awesome.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...ing4disca.html
    "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

DVD.ign.com has a review of the disc as well.

Comment

I can't beleive they added an hour of footage. Thats freaking distgustingly long. That movie is like 5 hours now.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Agreed. It's good for the hard core fans, though.

Comment

wow! another hour of footage!!

dang

so if you watch all 3 extendeds back to back it'd take more than a full day
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            so if you watch all 3 extendeds back to back it'd take more than a full day
            If by "more than a full day", you mean about 12 hours (including bathroom breaks)....then yes, actually.
            There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Well, on both the Fellowship and Two Towers Extended Versions, the end credits literally lasted, like, 25 minutes, so you can just subtract that from the running time right now.

I'm DYING for this one to come out.

Comment

I am wondering if the hour long extra footage includes the fight between Saruman and Gandalf??? That sounded interesting (didn't read the reviews or anything so i have no idea)
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

It's so long, my Dad fell asleep at the 3rd ending! (True)

Good guy, Bad guy.....
                  I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                    I am wondering if the hour long extra footage includes the fight between Saruman and Gandalf??? That sounded interesting (didn't read the reviews or anything so i have no idea)
                    I think it does. I know everything that the fans wanted, everything that was in the book, and even a few frames of an elf peterjackson dying is in there.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

It definitely has the 'wizard' scenes. I've seen it advertised in a few magasines with that specifically mention.
                      *rubs hands in gleeful anticipation*
                      I cannot *wait* for this to come out!

Comment

Oh goody!!! Gosh, i can't wait
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Woohoo! I can't wait! It's so hard to believe that a year ago I was trying to convince my parents to let me go to the midnight showing (it worked )
                          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

The extended cut will have several key scenes from the books. You will now see The Voice of Saruman, The Houses of Healing, The Mouth of Sauron, Frodo and Sam marching with the orcs in Mordor, the confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch-King, and lot's more stuff! I'm really loking forward to the Mouth of Sauron since he was in the ROTK video game. Too bad I won't watch it until the 20th, once I'm done with my finals!

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                              Woohoo! I can't wait! It's so hard to believe that a year ago I was trying to convince my parents to let me go to the midnight showing (it worked )
                              I also went to a midnight showing, it was lot's of fun !

Comment

Working...
                              X