• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

star trek borg vs. the ori

this might be somewhat interesting.

jackk now you've got my attention
    teal'c:indeed

Depends on what level of Ori, followers would get assimilated in no time, Priors would wipe the floor with the Borg, unless they could get ther staff away from them, the Doci or Adria on the other hand have personal shields and powers that I dont think the Borg could deal with, no matter what they tried with them. Suppose on the flipside they might eventually cotton onto the dampening EM field SG-1 used to nullify the Priors and Adrias powers and take them down that way!
    Ronan Dex

The only Known Cure to Chuck Norris

Comment

not to mention if they get ahold of just 1 ori cruiser, the ori are sc*beep*ed.

Comment

In an all out war with no ascended intervention, the Borg would own the Ori. Probably quite easily too jduing by the numbers of ships both races possess (the borg have many thousands, the Ori probably less than 100).
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

All they gotta do is gain control of one Prior and his staff to assimilate them all.

I vote Borg.
          sigpic

Comment

gotta say borg, but seriously, are these vs. threads breeding?
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by IMDB
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

they are indeed

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                All they gotta do is gain control of one Prior and his staff to assimilate them all.

I vote Borg.
                or vice versa

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                  gotta say borg, but seriously, are these vs. threads breeding?
                  The priors should be a little more let's say focused than Picard on the first encounter. About the first dozen or so cubes will be utterly destroyed and then the ori main gun will be countered and from that point on the toilet lids get owned.

Comment

the borg have many thousands
                    Actually a few million. And thats canon.
                    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

In ship to ship battles even if the Ori had a 1000 ships they'd get owned by the Borg IMO.
                      Regular lone cubes can destroy entire fleets of ships and the Borg have got tactical ones too which I believe are a fair bit stronger than the regular ones.
                      I'm not sure how powerful the Ori's main beam is compared to things like Phasers but I don't think it's many times and Cubes can resist those pretty easily.

For the Priors to be a problem to things like Drones and the Queen they'd have to get on the ship, in a straight fight the Borg's ships would probably have their shields up so the individual stuff wouldn't be a problem IMO.

The Borg would win pretty easily IMO.

Comment

A single Ori could wipe the floor with the Borg. The Ori are ascended beings after all.
                        Originally posted by Craig Charles
                        "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
                          A single Ori could wipe the floor with the Borg. The Ori are ascended beings after all.

Yet again, people are making the assumption that because they are ascended they have perfect technology and no one can beat them.
                          This is the last time i say this before i make a thread about it, ive seen this fanwank posted enough (sorry if i seem harsh, im not directing this at you on your own, but everyone who says it.)
                          Possibilities that ori do not have erfect tech/evidence:

1.Asgard beams cream ori ships in seconds, with 5-8 shots, maybe even less, and i doubt phasers are much weaker.

2. Being ascended doesnt mean you are all knowing and that your tech will wipe the floor with borg fleets which can single handedly take out an entire fleet with one ship.

3. One ori ship? that is absolute fanwank boll*x, im sorry but it is. That is the most arrogant sentence ive seen on GW. Hundreds if not thusands of borg ships attacking one ori cruiser? i dont think it has a chance.

4. toe to toe maybe the ori cruiser will win, but against an entire fleet? fat chance.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
                            Yet again, people are making the assumption that because they are ascended they have perfect technology and no one can beat them.
                            This is the last time i say this before i make a thread about it, ive seen this fanwank posted enough (sorry if i seem harsh, im not directing this at you on your own, but everyone who says it.)
                            Possibilities that ori do not have erfect tech/evidence:

1.Asgard beams cream ori ships in seconds, with 5-8 shots, maybe even less, and i doubt phasers are much weaker.

2. Being ascended doesnt mean you are all knowing and that your tech will wipe the floor with borg fleets which can single handedly take out an entire fleet with one ship.

3. One ori ship? that is absolute fanwank boll*x, im sorry but it is. That is the most arrogant sentence ive seen on GW. Hundreds if not thusands of borg ships attacking one ori cruiser? i dont think it has a chance.

4. toe to toe maybe the ori cruiser will win, but against an entire fleet? fat chance.
                            i think he was refering to an actuall Ori coming down and pwning the Borg.
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by IMDB
                            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                            Hehe

Comment

I'd say the Ori.
                              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Working...
                              X