The Covenant vs the Goa'uld
    The Covenant vs the Asgard
    The Covenant vs the Tau'ri
    The Covenant vs the Ori
    The Covenant vs the Wraith
    The Covenant vs the Replicators
    The Covenant vs the Asurans
    The Covenant vs the Aschen

This just came to me while thinking of a story.

I am not going to single out all of those battles. But seeing as the Covenant have hundreds of ships, they would kill any race except the replicators. The replicators would easily defeat anything in the Halo verse'. These versus threads are getting stupid and are getting closer and closer to complete and utter fan fiction. At least have a basis for your argument, which obviously you do not. If you want to do this, do it in my universe war thread.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

he didn't have a basis for arguments yet to be posted? becouse i just see a question. And duh, how could it be anything other than fanfic?
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
        I am not going to single out all of those battles. But seeing as the Covenant have hundreds of ships, they would kill any race except the replicators. The replicators would easily defeat anything in the Halo verse'. These versus threads are getting stupid and are getting closer and closer to complete and utter fan fiction. At least have a basis for your argument, which obviously you do not. If you want to do this, do it in my universe war thread.
        Although i agree with statment in bold, at least cut em some slack he/she is a newbie and might not be awere of all the other threads.
        sigpic

Comment

This topic has been done before.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
            This topic has been done before.
            My point, is proven.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

well, iv played the game, read the stories, and read about everything bungie has put out on them.

The Covenant vs the Goa'uld - Covenant Hands down
              The Covenant vs the Asgard - Probly covenent due to hundreds of mother ships and thousands of those cruisers
              The Covenant vs the Tau'ri - Covenant
              The Covenant vs the Ori - covenant, they have some crazy anti air weapons
              The Covenant vs the Wraith - Covenent, they could just send grunts on suicide missions with bombs
              The Covenant vs the Replicators - depends, before or after the halo was destroyed? if before then covenenant might be able to win, if after no chance.
              The Covenant vs the Asurans - Covenant
              The Covenant vs the Aschen - The grunts alone could win

Comment

Beyonce Halo song Vs the Teyla song

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Covenant vs Goa'uld- Goa'uld Hatats wouldn't be a big threat vs Covenant Assault Carriers and Covenant Super Carriers.The Covenant would win that fight.
                  Covenant vs Asgard- The Asgard have a few ship types in there arsenal but the O'Neil class Battle cruiser would be a strong ship vs a CCS class (maybe) But a Covenant Super Carrier (or 2) would decimate anything the Asgard can throw at them. Covenant wins again.
                  Covenant vs Taur'i- must i discuss this. The Taur'i have what like 9 ships? im not saying anything else.
                  Covenant vs Ori- Now this is a fight. the Ori Mothership is a strong contestant but the Covenant contains some strong ships of there own like the Assault and Super Carriers so it is a hard choice so lets take a fleet of like 10 Ori Motherships vs 9 Covenant Assault Carriers and 1 Super Carrier. I think that the Covenant would win that round but by losing 8 of the 9 Assault Carriers first.
                  Covenant vs Wraith- Another good fight but the covenant would win this one too. Wraith Hive ships are nothing compared to a Covenant Super Carrier.
                  Covenant vs Replicators-This is a BIG IF. it depends on what tech the Replicators have Infested so it maybe close but the covenant may win this one.
                  and the covenant most likely will win against the other 2 as well.

Comment

Well of course this is fanfic, there is no real way to judge a ship against a ship from different fictional universes unless specific values are given for things as weapon damage and power levels but why not try and have some fun with this.

So just out of curiosity how are you ranking the strength of a ship? The amount of power it can generate, how strong the weapons or the shields are, perhaps which ship is faster in hyperspace or maybe a million ways other then that.

Regardless of what path you take you must have proof other then numbers and because its a strong ship.

For instance take this fact into accountant. Earth ships from the Stargate Verse have rail guns but can not nearly do as much damage as Earth Ships from Halo Verse against Shields. Therefore how do you really know the strength of a Covenant Ship if it can be pierced by a few MAG rounds where as in the Starragate Verse railguns do much less damage. Which means either Stargate Verse has really good shields or really bad rail guns. However seeing as how Earth Rail Guns have trouble even fighting Goa'uld Ha'taks they are pretty much useless against Asgard Shields. However the Asgard have made weapons capable of going through shields designed by Ascended Beings. This means that Asgard weapons should easily be able to pierce Covenant Shields.

Unless the Covenant are smarter then Ascended Beings? I find this hard to believe.

Also take into the fact that the Wraith were able to beat the Ancients, one of the they most intelligent races in the numerous Sci Fi verses (and yes I know about the Q and the Time Lords) so based on that alone the Wraith have proven to be a worthy foe and would really only have trouble on the ground but should be able to put up one hell of a fight in space.

So against Earth, the Asgard, the Wraith, the Ori, and the Replicators I think the Covenant would lose but against the rest I think they would win.

And even then it's hard to compare a Rail Gun made of alien elements in the stargate Verse the Halo earth's several hundreds year ahead of us rail gun.

So without any really numbers to back up rail gun shooting speeds and energy released the Stargate Races would easily destroy any Covenant threat unless completely out numbered and even then the Stargate races should be blowing up the Covenant with relative ease

However my whole argument is purely based on little but to no empirical evidence so I hope there is somewhere way smarter out there then me who can do all the math and physics
                    Last edited by fugiman; 14 July 2011, 02:35 AM.
                    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic
                    So whats the worst that could happen?
                    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                    X