Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-fi/fantasy shows you watched and wished you hadnt!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-fi/fantasy shows you watched and wished you hadnt!

What shows do you regret watching, and feel you have lost some hours of your life youll never get back?

For me personally,
    Bionic Woman remake
    Demons
    Flash Gordon remake

i watched the pilot of demons and knew immediately it was going to be rubbish, i'm normally a pretty good judge of that sort of thing.
    perhaps alien nation, but that's mostly because i watched it expecting sci-fi, and got a detective show.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Flash Gordon remake - Quite literally one of the worst television shows ever aired, I am still shocked that there could be people who actually liked this complete pile of amateurish garbage.

Bionic Woman - First episode was OK, and that is being generous. As for it being a TV series, what were they thinking? Sorry, but Michelle Ryan is a good actress, just not cut out for an action show like this.

Demons - Never seen more stiff wooden acting before in one hour.
      Flash Gordon remake

Firefly - Most boring Scifi show I have ever seen

Surface & Invasion - Did not take real long to figure out these two shows had no chance

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
        Surface & Invasion - Did not take real long to figure out these two shows had no chance
        i actually liked both of them,
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Well...

Highlander: The Series - I like the first movie but I thought the series was complete and utter garbage. It was soooo cheesy/bad (although PDL doing 'kung fu' moves in one of the episodes was hilarious for all the wrong reasons ). Ugh.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Invasion just bored me, it didn't immediatly jump out as "I wish I hadn't watched this".

However - "Last Line of Defence" is possibly one of the worst movies ever that I massively regret watching, also known as "Interceptors", the movie was utter crap.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167215/

For a start - the dvd box tells a story that is NOT told in the film. According to the blurb, we're basically looking at a UNIT/Torchwood organisation fighting aliens. You know, international, secret government unit, etc etc...

No. They're a couple of mercenaries, and are "international" because one appears to be French. The cover image, off the lead male holding a big honking gun and wearing a suit and shades in front of the US flag is also misleading. The guy wears the suit for 2 minutes at the start of the movie and NEVER uses that gun. Or even holds it. The US flag is also ironic, as he's of course French.

What's worse however, is the lack of plot. They just threw the mercenaries into a mexican town where a downed UFO's escape pod landed at the alien just goes round killing people for NO stated reason, laughing maniaclly (for no reason), and shapeshifting into people he's killed.

Worst movie ever.

Btw - apparently it was going to be Predator 3 - obviously those who hold the Predator licence saw how crap it was and revoked those rights.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Flash Gordon remake
              it was bad but did serve a purpose............. as a bad example of sci-fi!

not a show but 'twilight', could have chopped an hour out of that garbage and made it watchable, glad i didn't pay to see it.
              sigpic
              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

Buffy -- watched a few seasons of it at the beginning, ugh.
                Stargate -- Atlantis....mostly. It had a few gems, but was largely unwatchable. Except I did anyway.
                Star Trek -- Voyager, Enterprise, Nemesis
                Star Wars -- Episodes 1 & 2
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                  Flash Gordon remake - Quite literally one of the worst television shows ever aired, I am still shocked that there could be people who actually liked this complete pile of amateurish garbage.

Bionic Woman - First episode was OK, and that is being generous. As for it being a TV series, what were they thinking? Sorry, but Michelle Ryan is a good actress, just not cut out for an action show like this.

Demons - Never seen more stiff wooden acting before in one hour.
                  Flash Gordon remake

Firefly - Most boring Scifi show I have ever seen

i agree with you on all of it except Firefly and Surface those are two pretty great shows with a massive following for Firefly, however Surface would have been better if they had a more absolute ending

and Bionic women was just awful
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

oh and i would like to add that The 4400 was good, but the last season was awful as was The Dead Zone i mean it was a really great show, but then they killed off the good characters and it got stupid.

oh an Buffy was kind of lame Angel is way better and funnier
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Threshold, aka "The return of the Brannon Braga curse." Why did this show air again?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Star Wars -- Episodes 1 & 2
                        ?

Didn't you say somewhere else that you watched The Clone Wars and liked it? What is the difference between the two? Same characters, same era, same kind of writing.... right?
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

also i have really tried with Babylon 5 , but it was just awful and Mutant X that was just lame because it came out around the same time that X-Men was in the movies so that stupid ,
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                            ?

Didn't you say somewhere else that you watched The Clone Wars and liked it? What is the difference between the two? Same characters, same era, same kind of writing.... right?
                            Completely different animals. SWE2 was awful, CW is not. Probably has something to do with the fact that George Lucas was actually allowed near a pen for E2, but hasn't written any of CW...
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                              also i have really tried with Babylon 5 , but it was just awful
                              That's a shame. B5 is one of the best series I've ever had the good fortune to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X