Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis Complete series collection?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis Complete series collection?

Has anyone heard anything about a five season collection of SGA similar to the full series collection of SG1?

I want to get the SGA DVD sets but if there's a full collection coming up I'd rather have that and wait until it comes out to save money.

Just wait 'till Christmas rolls around again and the sales start. I got the first 3 season for 40 bucks at Futureshop this year
    "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
    "Those who abandon the path are evil."
    "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Originally posted by The Mastage Kidd View Post
      Just wait 'till Christmas rolls around again and the sales start. I got the first 3 season for 40 bucks at Futureshop this year

While that is true the complete sets have bonus features not found in the normal DVD releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
        While that is true the complete sets have bonus features not found in the normal DVD releases.
        Usually ones you'll watch once then never again. I've had the SG1 box set for over a year and a half, and I've only popped the special feature disc in twice in all that time. I've watched the series 4 times since I got it
        "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
        "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Usually ones you'll watch once then never again. I've had the SG1 box set for over a year and a half, and I've only popped the special feature disc in twice in all that time. I've watched the series 4 times since I got it

Granted. But the Case is so damned cool looking. Makes me wonder what the SGA complete collection box might look like, hopefully not just a blue version of the SG1 box.

Maybe a Puddle Jumper with a slide out tray containing the DVDs? Or a triangular box with three "ZPM's" in the top, like the power room.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
            Granted. But the Case is so damned cool looking. Makes me wonder what the SGA complete collection box might look like, hopefully not just a blue version of the SG1 box.

Maybe a Puddle Jumper with a slide out tray containing the DVDs? Or a triangular box with three "ZPM's" in the top, like the power room.
            It's the sg1 case ur talking about right?
            Believe me, that case is no good. it scratches up the dvd's bad. after having them for 6 months half of them were unplayable just from normal removal/replacement. I had to pawn it for half it's original price then buy it at costco for half it's original price to get a working copy again. the second time I smartened up and I bought a whole bunch of dvd 5 holders to hold the series.
            "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

It's the sg1 case ur talking about right?
              Believe me, that case is no good. it scratches up the dvd's bad. after having them for 6 months half of them were unplayable just from normal removal/replacement. I had to pawn it for half it's original price then buy it at costco for half it's original price to get a working copy again. the second time I smartened up and I bought a whole bunch of dvd 5 holders to hold the series.
              I did that when I got the set.

Comment

When I bought the Complete SG-1 set, the logo within the STARGATE on the front of the box was upside down. Took forever to rotate it to the upright position.

Also, the episode, THE NOX, for some reason did NOT have Apophisis's voice on it. It was like the enhanced dubbed voice was NOT put on the track. When he spoke...NOTHING. Everyone else's voice was there, just not his. I had a seperate season 1 set & had to switch out the discs.

But I am waiting for a complete ATLANTIS announcement too. Just in case.

Comment

I think a Complete Atlantis collection is inevitable, Atlantis has been(or appears to have become) more popular than SG1 so MGM(and FOX) will try to squeeze the money out of us.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMark View Post
                    Also, the episode, THE NOX, for some reason did NOT have Apophisis's voice on it.
                    Actually, it does. This is a problem that many have encountered. The problem is, that for some reason you're watching with the 2.0 stereo soundtrack downmixed to mono somehow (my guess is, you're listening through your TV speakers and your TV is mono) and the track is mixed in such a way that Apophis' voice from the left and right channel cancel each other out. That probably wasn't done intentionally, but nevertheless the voice is there. If you were to connect it properly to a surround or even a simple stereo setup, this shouldn't happen anymore.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Actually, it does. This is a problem that many have encountered. The problem is, that for some reason you're watching with the 2.0 stereo soundtrack downmixed to mono somehow (my guess is, you're listening through your TV speakers and your TV is mono) and the track is mixed in such a way that Apophis' voice from the left and right channel cancel each other out. That probably wasn't done intentionally, but nevertheless the voice is there. If you were to connect it properly to a surround or even a simple stereo setup, this shouldn't happen anymore.
                      I was watching it in Stereo. And tried it out on several TVs. I went out & bought a replacement Season 1 set. Watched it on the same TV and it was fine. I switched out the defective disc & returned it to the store as defective. I have NEVER had the problem again. No stereo adjustments made .........and I watch a LOT of STARGATE.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMark View Post
                        I was watching it in Stereo. And tried it out on several TVs. I went out & bought a replacement Season 1 set. Watched it on the same TV and it was fine. I switched out the defective disc & returned it to the store as defective. I have NEVER had the problem again. No stereo adjustments made .........and I watch a LOT of STARGATE.
                        That is extremely weird. More than weird - it shouldn't be possible. While DVD's can obviously be defective, there can't just be differences between copies like that. I have no explanation for this.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

There is advertising and cover art for a complete Atlantis collection for region 4 HERE
                          A Cameron Mitchell + John Sheppard duo = comedy gold!
                          +

Comment

Originally posted by Darkglasses View Post
                            There is advertising and cover art for a complete Atlantis collection for region 4 HERE
                            WOW! That box looks brilliant! Simple, yet effective. From the size of it, it also seems its a slim line set, like the latest Region 2 release of the Complete SG1. PLEASE hurry up and release a due date for Region 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkglasses View Post
                              Cool art and cover but I'll skip it. I had to return my box set of SG-1 the week after I got it because of 7 bad disks. I got the replacement. I have seasons 1-4 of Atlantis and have pre ordered season 5. So no Atlantis box set for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X