Ancients - Why they died out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients - Why they died out?

We know the ancients returned to earth after they sank atlantis, and that most of them either ascended or died. But, why? I know on earth homosapien life forms were at the peak of a revoloutinary evolution, but how could they fit in with primitive humans? Why did they not segragate themselves and re-populate until all of them ascended, and in the mean time leave us some pretty cool tech behind.

Sig by Draygon.

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
    We know the ancients returned to earth after they sank atlantis, and that most of them either ascended or died. But, why? I know on earth homosapien life forms were at the peak of a revoloutinary evolution, but how could they fit in with primitive humans? Why did they not segragate themselves and re-populate until all of them ascended, and in the mean time leave us some pretty cool tech behind.
    They got tired of running and fighting and having to start over. The Ancients had lived longer than any other race in the known universe... they were ready to rest.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It depends on how many actual Ancients remained.
      If there was only a hundred or something I guess there may not have been enough of a variety of different gene pools to replenish their numbers.
      If I was one of the Lantians who ascended I would have helped those who couldn't ascend on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
        It depends on how many actual Ancients remained.
        If there was only a hundred or something I guess there may not have been enough of a variety of different gene pools to replenish their numbers.
        Basically what you said. There were too few of them and not enough resources to rebuild their civilization. That, and they may have realized that their age was over. It was time for humans to continue where they left off.

Comment

They did form some new civilisations, but some didn't want to bother, they wanted a simple life for a change.

Comment

Working...
          X