Ancient Ship Specifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Ship Specifications

Does anyone know for a fact how wide an Aurora-class ancient warship is at its maximum width?

If you don't know an exact number, do you have a realistic range?

Also, what is the diameter of the Ori supergate? I have seen the Odysey fit well into it, then a picture of the Odyssey tiny against an Ori mothership, and then a picture of an Ori mothership coming through the supergate...and the correlation doesn't match up. So what is the actual width.

I have a theory as to the elongated nature of the Aurora's being that they were designed to fit through an Ancient Supergate(maybe medium sized gate) and that is why they didn't equip them with the faster hyperdrives.

But I need specific data if anyone has it.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

The scaling is a CGI both up, it hapens regularly.

Comment

if you search for "Scalings", a few threads will probably pop up.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
        Does anyone know for a fact how wide an Aurora-class ancient warship is at its maximum width?

If you don't know an exact number, do you have a realistic range?

Also, what is the diameter of the Ori supergate? I have seen the Odysey fit well into it, then a picture of the Odyssey tiny against an Ori mothership, and then a picture of an Ori mothership coming through the supergate...and the correlation doesn't match up. So what is the actual width.

I have a theory as to the elongated nature of the Aurora's being that they were designed to fit through an Ancient Supergate(maybe medium sized gate) and that is why they didn't equip them with the faster hyperdrives.

But I need specific data if anyone has it.
        According to stargate.wikia an Aurora class battle ship is about 3000-3500 meters in length and height/depth 500-1000m depending on where you measure it.

Same source tells that an Ori supergate is 400m in height/diameter.

Comparatively Odyssey is 200m in length, 90m width and 70m height.

Apparently an Ori mothership is 1100m in length and 850m wide...

So the Odyssey seeing tiny compared to an Ori motherships seems correct... But there's the question of how it fits through the supergate. So IMO at least one of the estimates in the wikia seems to be wrong.

Comment

But in the shot where the Ori mothership was destroyed by being caught in the vortex of the supergate it seems like the Ori mothership would fit inside the supergate after all...

Comment

a 304 is between 500 and 600 meters. someone mentioned that any scalings from "Camelot" are to be stomped on and burried in a hole, since all ships are rediculusly out of proportion. the supergate is not correct in the wikia either, but the toiletbowls might be close.
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

toilet bowls?

man those ships might not look that good but that does not validate that comparison (my toilett doesn't look that super hightech you know?....could tell me where you got your's if it looks that good)

greetings LAX

Comment

well, just saying

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Hehe

Comment

Hmmm I haven't scaled the Aurora yet. . .
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Thanks for the comparisons...I was afraid of something like that.

As for the Aurora-class ships, in one scene the Daedalus and the 'borrowed' Aurora are side by side on screen. The Aurora is bigger, but still in the same general class...nowhere near an Ori mothership.

And for someone else that said the Ori mothership looks like it would fit through the supergate...they have to, they came through the supergate!

I will also reiterate a point others have made...the supergate segments for the second supergate(first one was destroyed) could not fit through a normal gate. We see carter in a space suit standing against one for comparison. There is no possible way it could have come through the normal gate. This fact is even mentioned by one of the writers on the audio commentary, kind of laughing about it. I didn't think it was funny.

So if the scaling is all messed up in stargate, where should I start to fix it from? Is there anything of consistent size throughout the series that we can use as a base?

Comment

possibly the gate, and the actors. not much else.
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                        possibly the gate, and the actors. not much else.
                        Well, from that point we have Sam in a space suit(why they don't make better ones I don't get) next to a 304 in season 10 opener and Sheppard standing on a railing overlooking an Aurora in Inferno. From a crude look they appear to be about the same size. Has anyone ever pulled some rough numbers from those screenshots?

Comment

i think an aurora is bigger, a bit over 1 km long, but i'm not sure... i'm sure it's bigger than a 304, but then again, it all comes down to the guy that does the 3d-models, and he has yet to show an interest in scale consistency.
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X