This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Movie Called "Moon"

This trailer looks good. In fact awesome.

http://filmonic.com/moon-trailer
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

According to Wiki:-

Moon is an upcoming science fiction thriller film about a solitary lunar employee who finds that he may not be able to go home to Earth so easily. The film is the feature film debut of commercial director Duncan Jones, and actor Sam Rockwell stars as the lunar employee. Kevin Spacey voices his robot companion. The film premiered at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival in January 2009. Sony Pictures Classics will commercially distribute the film in the United States and Canada in June 2009.

Premise:-
    Spoiler:
    Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is an employee contracted by the company Lunar to mine on the moon the natural gas Helium 3, which could reverse Earth's energy crisis. Sam is stationed at the lunar base Selene with only a robot named Gertie (voiced by Kevin Spacey), but two weeks before completing his three year assignment, he begins feeling out of place. An extraction goes wrong, and Sam suspects Lunar of trying to replace him as he realises someone else is on the Moon

Comment

Yes, looks fabulous. I was hoping in fact it was going to be a series, but a movie is just fine. Some advance press has it that he is hallucinating, and other that he gets cloned and replaced every 3 years (or something to that effect). Whatever the case it looks very interesting!
      ---------------------
      sigpic
      Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
        Yes, looks fabulous. I was hoping in fact it was going to be a series, but a movie is just fine. Some advance press has it that he is hallucinating, and other that he gets cloned and replaced every 3 years (or something to that effect). Whatever the case it looks very interesting!

Yeah it looks really cool and I can't wait.

As to the cloning ideas that is kind of stupid. It would be cheaper to send the guy home then kill him and keep cloning him.

BTW love the tirangle idea care to explain it looks like an interestng idea
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

This movie does look really good.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hey Coco!

The triangle signature is an example of "multiphasic" humour! I will give the first 2 and then see if anyone gets the third.

First, the most obvious being that this was a geometry test, with the question being a simple test of Pythagorean Theorem, one of the most basic of all geometry equations, and the student laughably did not get it!

Second, it is living proof of the oldest of all axioms - "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" as the instructor, instead of phrasing the questions as "Solve for X", put "Find X" and so of course the student did exactly that!

I roll on the floor every time I see that answer - it is priceless!

The third layer of humour is ....... I will let you ponder that one, but there is a third, and perhaps even more!

Never let it be said that mathmeticians have no sense of humour!
            ---------------------
            sigpic
            Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Watch an exclusive video with Duncan Jones, director of the sci-fi indie Moon

We spoke with Duncan Jones, the director of the upcoming indie sci-fi movie Moon, about the new production in this exclusive video.

Jones—the 38-year-old son of rocker David Bowie—created the film, which stars Sam Rockwell (Galaxy Quest) as Sam Bell, who's approaching the end of his three-year contract to mine the power source Helium-3 on the moon.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/watch-a...sive-video.php

Comment

Review: Sam Rockwell is the sole human inhabitant on the Moon—or is he?

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/review-moon.php

Comment

I will definitely be checking this movie out. It seems too good to pass up.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Moon // A Film by Duncan Jones

I went to see this last night. It was a nice change of pace from the fast flickering in your face action nonsense that is out there at the moment. The audience in the theatre all gave a round of applause at the end and then we all just sat there for a while and let the credits roll. When the movie was over, I knew it was over. I sat there pondering for a bit, and not to see if there was some extra bit at the end of the credits (which there wasn't of course). It was an intellectually and emotionally satisfying conclusion. I recommend it.

Oh, and the LESS you know about this movie going in to it the better! Don't watch the tailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                      Moon // A Film by Duncan Jones

I went to see this last night. It was a nice change of pace from the fast flickering in your face action nonsense that is out there at the moment. The audience in the theatre all gave a round of applause at the end and then we all just sat there for a while and let the credits roll. When the movie was over, I knew it was over. I sat there pondering for a bit, and not to see if there was some extra bit at the end of the credits (which there wasn't of course). It was an intellectually and emotionally satisfying conclusion. I recommend it.

Oh, and the LESS you know about this movie going in to it the better! Don't watch the tailer.
                      Too late on that one.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing this one.
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                          I'm looking forward to seeing this one.
                          Same here.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                          X