Milky Way safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milky Way safe?

It was noted in another post that the Milky Way is now 'safe' since the Goa'uld are not a threat. I pointed out that the Aschen are still out there and dangerous, but then I went and remembered something else.

That big, transport beam equipped ship that the prometheus encountered in the living nebula. We never found out who that was, and I'm willing to bet that ship could go toe to toe with a 304.

Any ideas on who that ship could be?
    Any other appearances or hints of other superior races that do or could pose a threat to the Milky Way?

Another big one would be the mist aliens and their INTERSTELLAR transporter.

Keep throwing out any you remember.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

They were used as an enemy in the Gateworld fleet you should check that out, I think the way they used them is good.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
      That big, transport beam equipped ship that the prometheus encountered in the living nebula. We never found out who that was, and I'm willing to bet that ship could go toe to toe with a 304.

Any ideas on who that ship could be?
      Any other appearances or hints of other superior races that do or could pose a threat to the Milky Way?
      Hm... Well I thought it could have been an older replicator ship...
      & thus the difference in look and why they didn't reply to the calls made...

However it doesn't explain why they didn't take the opportunity to attach and board the prometheus once we got them out of the nebula (Seems very "un-replicatorish" to me)

So yeah they could be someone entirely different...

Comment

How about the Lucian Alliance... They will probably try to get the revenge one day... But they are not super advanced.

Comment

they're plain dumb.
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by IMDB
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

yet they have kassa. extract the addictive agent and spread it to many worlds. tadaa: you have a galactic kassa addiction. monopoly. absolute power. kill the Lucian alliance, and you either have to become a drugdealer yourself or you kill a few billion.

aschen are only a threat if they can get one of their biobombs through.

but MW is pretty safe, yes

Comment

Watch WALL-E and you will find out our biggest threat is ourselves.
              Some say that he has only one ear.
              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
              All we know is he's called
              sigpic

Comment

none of us know if there are any more races outside the gate network that might be dangerous, nothing is really safe, not even Earth itsself, just look at binladen

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

The Milky Way isn't safe. There are a lot of races that hate the SGC and there are still some system lords running around. All they'd have to do is rebuild their forces, and start a guerilla war against the SGC. If they start working together it's even worse.
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

At least Earth has the tech to properly defend itself now, it's just a matter of how they decide to use it.
                    I agree with some here when they say that the Milky Way isn't perfectly safe, there are still some sadistic so and so's lying around, but as long as Earth keeps themselves to themselves, while they build some decent defenses they'll be OK.

The major threats like the Ori, Goauld and Replicators are pretty much none existent at the moment, the only real threat to the Milky Way is the Wraith but they'd have to get here first.

Comment

A time will never come when we can truly say we are safe. Potential dangers can always surface, if not from without, then from within. We must always be vigilant. (But not to the point of paranoia.)

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                        A time will never come when we can truly say we are safe. Potential dangers can always surface, if not from without, then from within. We must always be vigilant. (But not to the point of paranoia.)

Amen.
                        Some say that he has only one ear.
                        And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                        All we know is he's called
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                          they're plain dumb.
                          All the more reason to fear them when its so easy to tow an asteroid throught hyperspace.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post

i agree. But i think right now the Milky Way is at the safest it's been in a few millenia. We've Just gotta wait until someone activates something that they don't know the function of and accidently alert another advanced race to their presence. It's always what happens.

Comment

The threats are there, just not as much of a threat to us. With the Asgard gone, the Tauri have now taken on the role of protectors. There are still Go'auld out there, not as powerful, they are probably hiding in the shadows trying to rebuild.

The Lucian Alliance are the biggest threat to the Tauri as they have huge fleets and with their kassa crops they could control loads of worlds by now.

The Ashen have been left, their tactics in the series were 'cloak and dagger' rather than all out offensive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X