SAM MALP and other variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAM MALP and other variations

We've seen on SG-1 that there are some variations of the MALP device, weve seen:
    the regular MALP
    the transporter
    the gun (Forever in a day)

but wouldnt it be a good thing to have a Surface to Air Missle MALP or an automatic rail gun MALP for dangerous missions were aerial attacks are possible.
    I bring it up because i rewatched Lost City and thought it would be good

Yeah.. No doubt they would be very useful.

But probably they were not used because it will dampen the dramatic effects of the story.

Think if a situation where SG1 has to get through the stargate with 50 Jaffa guarding it. If they had Machine gun MALPs all they have to do is to call in HQ and ask for 2 of them and get out of the way. But since they don't have it they have to think of wacky plans involving all sorts of crazy ideas (Which is definitely much more fun to watch rather than a remote controlled robot doing everything)

So IMO that's probably why they didn't use such MALPs although it makes perfect sense to use them

Comment

im sure they would have such malp variations and such but then again we never did really get to see all the SGC....shame

Comment

For defense purposes they'd probably send a UAV with mounted missles rather than an armed MALP due to increased range and manuverability. The ones that we've seen did seem to be shot down easily though but then again the MALPs are far from indestructible themselves. I think an upgraded UAV with a subspace tranciever rather than a radio, a small naquadah power cell and perhaps a Goa'uld 'flash' shield if it could hold the extra weight would be the best option but as for actual devices I'd still say the missile UAV is the way to go.

Also, escyos, when you refer to the transporter MALP do you mean the FRED or have I mised one?
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X