Alliance teleportation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliance teleportation.

The Alliance between the Ancients, Asgard, Nox, and Furlings shows us they all have some form of teleporations. Ancients have rings and, thanks to morgan's demonstration, obelisk teleportation. Asgard have beams, Furlings have the gateway thing, and the Nox just moved the Stargate and people around who knows how.

Is there some correlation between the technologies or are they all original forms of tech. I would say the Asgard got the beams from the ancient obelisk transporters, but the others I don't know for sure. We also have that Sentinel weapon that seems to fit into the group somehow.

Any thoughts on how the other systems work?
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

All seem to work on the same basic principles, and if I had to guess, I'd say that they all stemed from Ancient technology, in fact, it's pretty likely that almost every piece of advanced tech somehow came fromt the Ancients, then got copied by the goa'uld, and was put into circulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
      The Alliance between the Ancients, Asgard, Nox, and Furlings shows us they all have some form of teleporations. Ancients have rings and, thanks to morgan's demonstration, obelisk teleportation. Asgard have beams, Furlings have the gateway thing, and the Nox just moved the Stargate and people around who knows how.

Is there some correlation between the technologies or are they all original forms of tech. I would say the Asgard got the beams from the ancient obelisk transporters, but the others I don't know for sure. We also have that Sentinel weapon that seems to fit into the group somehow.

The Nox don't have teleportation technology. They just seem to have the ability to make things disappear... literally, almost like moving them out of phase.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

IMO the Asgard's tech was self developed, perhaps with a little inspiration from the Ancients if they were around when the Asgard thought their stuff up, the Furlings could be self developed, but I guess it's all based around the same ideas.

As for the Nox I wouldn't be surprised if there's was an extension of their mental abilities.
        There's also the Aschen and Gadmeer who I'd guess developed their transporter systems on their own.

Comment

In stargate, everyone and their grandma has some kind of teleportation tech, from the "conventional" gould/ancient rings, asgard teleporters, to the more exotic ones from martins race, the gadmeer, the aschen and so on. Ironicly, the ancient one - the rings, seems to be the most crappy ones by a rather large margin.

As for the alliance, the asgard ones are obviously original, as they look like no other teleeportation tech. Even the obelisks, at best, remind of the other asgard "teleportation" thing, the culling beams they used on the gould. The ancients seemed to rely on a device on both ends for teleportation, namely the sodan obelisks and rings. The furlings, their teleporter didnt need a recieving device and it teleported at a orbital distance with no visible power grid, so i'd say their teleporter is among the better ones. And lastly, the nox, we've never seen them have teleportation, but logicly, they'd have to get to their floating cities somehow, and teleportation isnt exactly uber tech, so they probably have some kind too.

Also, for the "ancients invented it all" stuff, i'd say thats nothing but fanwank, the ancients arent the be all end all of the universe, theirs no reason to think that the other races cant invent something as good by themselves. I'd even go as far as to say that the idea that "they all stemed from Ancient technology", wheather its about teleportation, or adv. tech in general, is complete bs.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
            In stargate, everyone and their grandma has some kind of teleportation tech, from the "conventional" gould/ancient rings, asgard teleporters, to the more exotic ones from martins race, the gadmeer, the aschen and so on. Ironicly, the ancient one - the rings, seems to be the most crappy ones by a rather large margin.

As for the alliance, the asgard ones are obviously original, as they look like no other teleeportation tech. Even the obelisks, at best, remind of the other asgard "teleportation" thing, the culling beams they used on the gould. The ancients seemed to rely on a device on both ends for teleportation, namely the sodan obelisks and rings. The furlings, their teleporter didnt need a recieving device and it teleported at a orbital distance with no visible power grid, so i'd say their teleporter is among the better ones. And lastly, the nox, we've never seen them have teleportation, but logicly, they'd have to get to their floating cities somehow, and teleportation isnt exactly uber tech, so they probably have some kind too.

Also, for the "ancients invented it all" stuff, i'd say thats nothing but fanwank, the ancients arent the be all end all of the universe, theirs no reason to think that the other races cant invent something as good by themselves. I'd even go as far as to say that the idea that "they all stemed from Ancient technology", wheather its about teleportation, or adv. tech in general, is complete bs.
            You bring up some good points, namely that the ancients used binary transporters(something at both origin and destination). I thought that morgan's obelisks she used to transport Merlin and Sg-1 around were different, yet they also have a receiver, it's just on the other side of the stargate.

About the asgard beams being original...I think back to what the asgard said about the Repository of Knowledge(head sucker). They said that they discovered one and used it's knowledge, but that they had barely scratched the surface of what it contained. This is why I thought there might be an early correlation between the Ancient obelisks and the asgard beams, only the asgard had a million or so years to make improvements, of which extended range would be one.

The Nox did have teleportation. They moved the stargate, not just hid it. And they did the same to SG-1, the Jaffa, and Apophis all on the planet when they were in danger. They just zipped them away somewhere. Could this simply be out of phase...perhaps, but at the least they then had to carry them back to the village unconscious.

And I'd agree with the Furling comment, that device seemed to be a notch above the rest.
            Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Ah, but the Ancients were around for more than fifty million years.

Compare that to the 4000 that humanitry's been around, and that doesn't even count, since 50 milion is the amount of time they inhabited the Milky Way, and doesn't count all the technological evolution before their exodus.

This would explain both the fact that advanced tech is fairly common place, and the seeming primitive nature of actual ancient equipment, comapred to toher technology witnesed.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                This would explain both the fact that advanced tech is fairly common place, and the seeming primitive nature of actual ancient equipment, comapred to toher technology witnesed.
                How does it explain all that? why cant the races just invent advanced tech by themselves? i mean yea, the ancients were pretty advanced and all (probably meaning that other races learning from 50 million years worth of advanced tech would be improbable at best), but how does it suggest that their tech is the origin of all other tech? The tech used by various races seems very different, suggesting there wasnt a single source of info.
                Ironicly, the only stuff the ancients seemed to leave lying around for anybody to find, were the uber stuff like the time machine, the arctuus device that could destroy a universe, the dakara weapon that could wipe out life in a galaxy, not wireless teleportation, starships, shields, weapons, etc.

Lastly, we dont realy know the age of many other races either, the furling could be 10x older than the ancients for all we know, the nox seemed atleast as old as advanced (and thus old as a civilization) biologicly, with their funky powers, some of which even ancients didnt demonstrate. Not to mention countles other races like the mist aliens, slish spirits, grace alliens, etc about who we know next to nothing. Thats way i think the idea is very much in the ancient fanboyism ballpark.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

you know, just because the Ancients were the first to invent certin technologies dosent mean that every race copied everything from them. i mean i dont think that the asgard just came in and studied the obelisks and only then were they able to make that kind of tech. i think the asgard came up with the technology on their own. just because the obelisks came first dosent mean every technology from then on out is based on that.

oh, and i dont think that the obelisks and the asgards beam are really the same because all the obelisk is is pretty much what the atlantis transport booths are because all they do is sweep a beam over a certin area and is proboly a more advanced version of the rings based on the atlantis transport booths, that ganos lal decided to use.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

How does it explain all that? why cant the races just invent advanced tech by themselves? i mean yea, the ancients were pretty advanced and all (probably meaning that other races learning from 50 million years worth of advanced tech would be improbable at best), but how does it suggest that their tech is the origin of all other tech? The tech used by various races seems very different, suggesting there wasnt a single source of info.
                    Ironicly, the only stuff the ancients seemed to leave lying around for anybody to find, were the uber stuff like the time machine, the arctuus device that could destroy a universe, the dakara weapon that could wipe out life in a galaxy, not wireless teleportation, starships, shields, weapons, etc.

Lastly, we dont realy know the age of many other races either, the furling could be 10x older than the ancients for all we know, the nox seemed atleast as old as advanced (and thus old as a civilization) biologicly, with their funky powers, some of which even ancients didnt demonstrate. Not to mention countles other races like the mist aliens, slish spirits, grace alliens, etc about who we know next to nothing. Thats way i think the idea is very much in the ancient fanboyism ballpark.
                    Because if the Ancient stuff was actually top of the line at the time, then got reverse egnineered, then it explains the fact why the ancient tecynology seems so un-fantastic compared to the technology used alla round the galaxy.

While there are some variances, the basic technology seems to tbe the same: inertial dampers, hyperdrives, shields (especially goa'uld one), subspace comms, etc.

Or perhaps, all the other stuff got scooped up long before now, and the uber stuff is a lot rarer and hence why it hasn't been spirited away into some alien lab for disection.

While all that is possible, it's stongly been implied that the Ancients were the most pwoerfull mebers of the alliance.

Please keep it civil, no need to atack my opinion with anything but countrer arguments.

Comment

All seem to work on the same basic principles, and if I had to guess, I'd say that they all stemed from Ancient technology, in fact, it's pretty likely that almost every piece of advanced tech somehow came fromt the Ancients, then got copied by the goa'uld, and was put into circulation.
                      I think the rings came first, then the Beaming technology that dont require rings then the Asgard just copied it
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

i think its an insult to the asgard and the other great races to say that everyone copied the ancients. and its wrong too: Heliopolis was there to share knowledge, it wasnt ancient built, but rather by all races together. they must have been of some importance.

i 'blame" asgard rapid advancement to sole dedication to science and the use of cloning and mind transferral. the nox seem so advanced they do not use nor need war, no form of conflict whatsoever. if anyone is advanced, its the Nox. much more than the ancients.

Nox. Nox means night. but in an older ancient dialect, it might have been "Mystery". nox, after all, are mysterious. whereas the ancients arent so mysterious. nox seemed to have evolved so far in technology that they have all the time in the world to think of different ways than just one, to be philosophical and sophisticated.
                        the fact that they seem to be able to phaseshift(what some call cloak but isnt), or teleport (a second explanation), at will.

Comment

I don't mean everything, but a lot of the tech we see in widespread use through the galaxy. Especially the goa'uld stuff, which is probably how it became so widespread.

Comment

Because if the Ancient stuff was actually top of the line at the time, then got reverse egnineered, then it explains the fact why the ancient tecynology seems so un-fantastic compared to the technology used alla round the galaxy.
                            So what your saying makes sense is that some primitive (relatively) people reverse engineered several million years more advanced tech and then improved it so much to make the original look pathetic in just a few thousand years?

While there are some variances, the basic technology seems to tbe the same: inertial dampers, hyperdrives, shields (especially goa'uld one), subspace comms, etc.
                            Simply no. Just because something does the same thing, doesnt mean its a vaariance of the same thing. Tank armor is very different from bulletproof glass, even though they're both designed to protect, a car is very different from a ship, even though they're both vehichles, nuclear poweer plants are very different from hydro power plants etc.

While all that is possible, it's stongly been implied that the Ancients were the most pwoerfull mebers of the alliance.
                            Nothingg of the sort, your making this up. on the contrary, the alliance was created to share knowlage, not teach dumber races.

Please keep it civil, no need to atack my opinion with anything but countrer arguments.
                            I apologize, its just that arguments about the ancients in this forum tend to be very much on the "dont give me fact, ancients are best, my mind is made up" variety, which is very frustrating.

I don't mean everything, but a lot of the tech we see in widespread use through the galaxy. Especially the goa'uld stuff, which is probably how it became so widespread.
                            We do know that the sarcophagus and rings are ancient based, as for other tech, its very much speculation. We know that the gould took alot of their knowlage by taking over (as hosts) other races, including humans, so its safe to say that alot of even gould tech is not ancient based.

Comment

though a common basis may exist, its more likely due to heliopolis than reverse engineering

Comment

Working...
                              X