How advanced are the Aschen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How advanced are the Aschen?

They're still out there, and pretty pissed over what earth did to them, especially given the blackhole address they provided. Also, how dumb do they have to be not to be able to figure out a DHD-less stargate?

Assuming they are that dumb or unmotivated, how long do you think it will take for them to travel to a world with an intact DHD and gate and get the information they need to start moving on to the rest of the galaxy...and eventually Earth for some payback.

I read someplace that the Stargate Writers thought of having an episode or movie about the Aschen finally coming to Earth for some payback...my question is, how advanced are they compared to Earth?

Also, what would their ships look like and how would they compare to the few 304s that we have? Also, aside from nasty bio weapons, what type of weapons might they have?
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Being technologically smart isn't the same as being psychologically smart, and the Aschen are more the latter than the former. That's what makes them so evil. I wouldn't expect them to compete with us ship-for-ship or bomb-for-bomb, but rather to come out of left field with something totally unexpected. They're insidious, amoral and very clever. Now that's scary!

In fact, I wouldn't expect to ever see them again unless we ran into them elsewhere in the Universe. Being as rational as they are, they wouldn't be interested in things like revenge. They'd just pick an easier target somewhere else. They're an entire civilization of psychopaths- and just like psychopaths one they know you're on to them, they leave.

But they're my favorite enemy. I just love them. 2010 is my favorite ep hands down.
    Last edited by VSS; 07 April 2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Agreed the Aschen are insidious and amoral and clever but they lack drive and need to explore and to developed new stuff.

on our side however is something call will power, cunning and our pure stubbornness and we are not afraid of anything. Plus the Asgard and Atlantis database alt to provide defense against there bio weapons.
      Ship to ship and weapon to weapon we will own the aschen in a straight out fight with our current technology.
      But yeah I would expect them to pull out a few surprise from there left flank and probably there right flank and they are probably not going to exactly bothered about taking low shots either.
      However they do not seem the exploratory type , I mean they could not be bothered to figure out how to operate the stargate to it full potential or developed fast hyperdrives, yet they developed means to transform planets into stars and life extending drugs.
      They are certainly one society I would love to get to know better, in a bio hazard suite an ancient or Asgard design one.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Agreed the Aschen are insidious and amoral and clever but they lack drive and need to explore and to developed new stuff.

on our side however is something call will power, cunning and our pure stubbornness and we are not afraid of anything. Plus the Asgard and Atlantis database alt to provide defense against there bio weapons.
        Ship to ship and weapon to weapon we will own the aschen in a straight out fight with our current technology.
        But yeah I would expect them to pull out a few surprise from there left flank and probably there right flank and they are probably not going to exactly bothered about taking low shots either.
        However they do not seem the exploratory type , I mean they could not be bothered to figure out how to operate the stargate to it full potential or developed fast hyperdrives, yet they developed means to transform planets into stars and life extending drugs.
        They are certainly one society I would love to get to know better, in a bio hazard suite an ancient or Asgard design one.
        Yes, that's just it. They'll look for some sneaky way we haven't thought of rather than face us head on. Probably something we'd never even consider because it's a low shot.

I agree that they don't seem like the exploratory or curious type. They're not that different from the goa'uld in that, I think. It's just that they steal by deception rather than force.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
          Yes, that's just it. They'll look for some sneaky way we haven't thought of rather than face us head on. Probably something we'd never even consider because it's a low shot.

I agree that they don't seem like the exploratory or curious type. They're not that different from the goa'uld in that, I think. It's just that they steal by deception rather than force.
          I agree on what & others have said about the Aschen. In terms of tech advancement, it is stated by Teal'c that they are 'far beyond the level of the Goa'uuld' & could easily woop their asses (particularly with their bio weapon/bomb).

I would say they are somewhere near the Asgard in terms of development (but no that advanced) - certainly that bio bomb of theirs would come in handy against the if we could get our hands on one.

Comment

Considering the Aschen's technological superiority to the Goa'uld, and their expertise in bio-weapons, could they have been an Ori project? They could have had their evolution guided like here on Earth instead of being discarded slaves of the Goa'uld.

Or perhaps they acquired Ori technology stowed away on their planet, before the two societies split for their own galaxies.

Just a thought.

I miss those guys too.

Comment

I'd put them somewhere above the goauld but below the tollan, no where close to the asgard tho

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                Considering the Aschen's technological superiority to the Goa'uld, and their expertise in bio-weapons, could they have been an Ori project? They could have had their evolution guided like here on Earth instead of being discarded slaves of the Goa'uld.

Or perhaps they acquired Ori technology stowed away on their planet, before the two societies split for their own galaxies.

Just a thought.

I miss those guys too.
                i don't think they are an Ori project. i believe they are technologically advanced, more than the goauld but how they obtained this technolgy is still up in the air. Perhaps they found it and learnt how to use it. Physiological they are no more advanced than us.
                Some say that he has only one ear.
                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                All we know is he's called
                sigpic

Comment

Whether the Aschen are more advanced than the Goa'uld is an interesting question. Their space tech is certainly inferior (I think it's been mentioned that "conventional" space exploration was a limited success for them because of relatively slow hyperdrives. On the other hand, they can turn a gas giant into a mini-star- a capability the Goa'uld couldn't even dream of.

The Aschen's advantage in warfare is that they are cunning diplomats and strategic thinkers who plan long-term- centuries ahead if necessary. They would probably evade direct combat, fake surrender and remain occupied for a couple of hundred years- at the end of which the victorious enemy would slowly and quietly gone extinct due to the falling birthrate or a sudden mysterious outbreak of an unstoppable disease which seemingly had nothing to do with those peaceful, softly spoken, ever-so-helpful Aschen fellows.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I see your point about their cunning vs. brute force approach. But say they connected to the black hole and it damaged or swallowed up one of their planets. How pissed off do you think they would be, and how far do you think they would go to get back at us?

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post

Just a thought.

I miss those guys too.
                      It's a fair idea, Maybe they found the remnants of the original plague that wiped out the Ancients (Possibly the ORI virus) and studied it to give them there advanced bio weapons and medical technology. Maybe the Aschen home world was the staging point for the virus and the ORI abandoned it after the job was done (Including there human slaves they brought with them) and the slaves used the research post for there own means.
                      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
                        I see your point about their cunning vs. brute force approach. But say they connected to the black hole and it damaged or swallowed up one of their planets. How pissed off do you think they would be, and how far do you think they would go to get back at us?
                        Not very far so far. Through give there way of operating they may of already put there plan into action and we probably would not even notice. In fact that could form the bases of the next stargate film.

Comment

I think if they were to be a good enemy in the next stargate movie then they would definitely need a catalyst, something to drastically speed up thier reaction and revenge on earth. Maybe the get minded controlled by someone or become host to Goa'uld as a last ditch effort to restore their armies or maybe some other cool plan.

Also I think they could invent some sort of like brainwashing thing where they could control lesser creatures/humans of the aschen alliance and maybe give them the technology and use them to attack earth and just be the strategic puppetmaster behind things!

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
                            I think if they were to be a good enemy in the next stargate movie then they would definitely need a catalyst, something to drastically speed up thier reaction and revenge on earth. Maybe the get minded controlled by someone or become host to Goa'uld as a last ditch effort to restore their armies or maybe some other cool plan.

Also I think they could invent some sort of like brainwashing thing where they could control lesser creatures/humans of the aschen alliance and maybe give them the technology and use them to attack earth and just be the strategic puppetmaster behind things!
                            A catalyst? What about say a Goa'uld on the run in a Ha'tak that just happens to run across one of their worlds. The Aschen get a taste of real hyperdrive technology and then...imagine the rest.

Comment

They're still out there, and pretty pissed over what earth did to them, especially given the blackhole address they provided. Also, how dumb do they have to be not to be able to figure out a DHD-less stargate?

Assuming they are that dumb or unmotivated, how long do you think it will take for them to travel to a world with an intact DHD and gate and get the information they need to start moving on to the rest of the galaxy...and eventually Earth for some payback.

I read someplace that the Stargate Writers thought of having an episode or movie about the Aschen finally coming to Earth for some payback...my question is, how advanced are they compared to Earth?

Also, what would their ships look like and how would they compare to the few 304s that we have? Also, aside from nasty bio weapons, what type of weapons might they have?
                              Joe M. had a blog post of an un-used script he'd put out there a while back. It's a bit confusing to read, but it's here: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-and-tomorrow/

Originally posted by VSS View Post

Yeah, I think they will continue with their MO of using some sort of biological weapon in an attempt to take us out. If they ever were able to locate our planet, I'd panic. I think the Ori plague would be child's play compared to what the Aschen would be able to do. Thank goodness they haven't really mastered space travel yet.

I personally think they'd be really pissed off. I mean, they were going to destroy Earth simply because we discovered their means of destruction by deception (sterility for all). I think that for now, we're safe, but that two centuries from now, Earth is going to be in for a big wake up call. The Aschen don't seem to do things by half, and they don't mind waiting to destroy a planet, even if it takes a century to happen.
                              sigpic
                              "A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet..."

Comment

Working...
                              X