Odyssey only can kill Ori mothership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odyssey only can kill Ori mothership?

Am I right in assuming that due to the ZPM that the Odyssey is the only Earth ship that can kill an Ori mothership singlehandedly? I mean, the Daedalus and Apollo have the beam weapons, but they can't possibly have the power required to punch through Ori shields?

They are still operating off of puny Earth power sources, probably some supped up version of a naquada reactor.

Also, am I right in assuming that they were able to easily kill replicator ships (ancient warship design) because they jumped them when they exited hyperspace and hadn't a chance to raise shields?

Anyway, I'm trying to find a work around to the omnipotence the writer's wanted to give the 304's with the Asgard upgrades. Any other points would be welcome.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

i think all 304's with the beams would be able to take out an ori mothership.
    The ZPM just gives them more time with the shields and the beams a bit more power. Any other 304 would just have to shoot it a few more times. As long as they don't stay still of course!

Comment

I think the others could kill a toilet lid but wouldn't be able to endure the abuse they'd receive in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
        Am I right in assuming that due to the ZPM that the Odyssey is the only Earth ship that can kill an Ori mothership singlehandedly? I mean, the Daedalus and Apollo have the beam weapons, but they can't possibly have the power required to punch through Ori shields?

They are still operating off of puny Earth power sources, probably some supped up version of a naquada reactor.

Also, am I right in assuming that they were able to easily kill replicator ships (ancient warship design) because they jumped them when they exited hyperspace and hadn't a chance to raise shields?

Anyway, I'm trying to find a work around to the omnipotence the writer's wanted to give the 304's with the Asgard upgrades. Any other points would be welcome.
        It was never confirmed whether a standard ZPMless 304's weapons are as powerful as the Odyssey's, IMO like other systems weapons would increase with the added power of a ZPM but really we can only speculate.
        Of course in Enemy At The Gate Caldwell does say charge the main battery to full power when hitting the ZPM powered Hive, or something like that but IMO that only means full power of what a ZPMless 304 can do.

If the Odyssey's Plasma Beam shots are 3 or 4 times stronger than a ZPMless 304's arrays then I'd guess that it would just take 3 or 4 times the number of shots to down an Ori Cruiser.
        I think it was the way that the Asgard weapons worked that allowed them to penetrate the Ori shields and not the sole weapon strength that makes it possible.

As far as the Asuran ships goes in Be All My Sins Remembered some Auroras had their shields up so the beams had to penetrate the shields in order to do damage to those ships.

The 304's aren't really that invulnerable, I mean the beams give them an edge in battle, but pit them up against a couple of Hives and they can be defeated as was shown in The Last Man.
        Add some extra power to a Hive and I wouldn't be surprised if a ZPMless one could take a 304 even with the beams, I mean a ZPM is an uber power source that allows a Hive with one to down a 304's shields in like 10 shots so give a Hive some stronger armor and a few times the weapon strength, or shield eating effect and I'd bet a Hive could easily kill a 304.

Comment

I think it would be the same without a ZPM, because I can remember Thor said while installing the Asgard core is that it would run on it's own power source so it would not infringe the ZPM. But then again the other ships probably do not have the Asgard core.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
            I think it would be the same without a ZPM, because I can remember Thor said while installing the Asgard core is that it would run on it's own power source so it would not infringe the ZPM. But then again the other ships probably do not have the Asgard core.
            Besides the Odyssey the other 304s do possess similar looking main consoles to the main control console in the Odyssey's engineering room as I believe is evidenced in The Lost Tribe (Atlantis season 5), so they must have at least some kind of power supply similar to the one on board Odyssey.
            Some things like the time dilation tech featured in Unending do require ZPM power even though that device was meant to be a built in part of the Asgard core on Odyssey, IMO Thor's comment isn't conclusive proof that the beams do or don't get extra power from a ZPM when one is installed although being that both the shields and hyperdrive engines get better with added ZPM power the beam weapons may very well do the same.

Comment

Yup. Odyssey is the most powerful earth ship. Anything else would just get owned.
              SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
              LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
              READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
              Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

well its not just Odyssey's plasma beam weapons...theres also the fact that Odyssey can survive being bombarded by multiple Ori ships for who knows how long (in ark of truth, Odyssey lasted atleast 15 mins)....because other 304's have no ZPM, they can only take a few hits before there shields are depleted...and who know how much of a boost the ZPM gives Odyssey's plasma weapons...

Comment

i think any 304 can kill an ori mothership, as long as they move and dont get hit. they would have to fire tons of times more probably.

i think, hope, wish the Oddy is unique and way more powerfull than any other 304

Comment

I think any 304 can fully charge the Asgard beams, it just takes longer for standard 304's. Its a case of a 304 taking more time to charge the weapons so the rate of fire may be impaired IMO.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      i think any 304 can kill an ori mothership, as long as they move and dont get hit. they would have to fire tons of times more probably.

i think, hope, wish the Oddy is unique and way more powerfull than any other 304
                      thats not gonna happen...304 captains insist on just sitting there taking the hits..the Odyssey is the only 304 thats been show maneuvering instead of just sitting there getting the crap beat out of it...

Comment

BAMSR the Auroras hadn't had their shields up for the start but they got their shields up. and the bams weapons simply pummled through them with ease. probably cause Anubis Ha'taks are about as powerful (in shields at least) as an aurora...maybe not as strong but similar shield geneartors but not as powerful due to power supply.

and Oddys shields were upgraded aswell when the core was put in. put that with the ZPM the Oddys shields are more powerful than an O'Neills definately and is close to an Ori motherships. so the weapons would be close to an Ori motherships with a ZPM. not as powerful but close. w/o the ZPM it would be severl gigawatts less power. but still extremly powerful.

so id say yes

non ZPM'ed 304 could take out a Ori Mothership. but would take longer. about 1 / 2mins of solid firing + manouvering to not get pummeled by main cannon.
                        sigpic

Comment

Very likely, the other 304s are about as capable as Odyssey, just a little less, but I wouldn't expect it to be much. The only real tactical difference I could see is the increased shield strength.
                          I'd really like to see a movie where the Lucian Alliance gets their hands on some Ori Warships then goes about upgrading their Ha'taks with some of the Ori technology. If there were going to be enough SG-1 movies, they could make it a recurring arc or sub-arc. Just imagine Earth surrounded by four toilet-classes and over a hundred souped-up Ha'taks defended by: Daedalus, Odyssey, Apollo, General Hammond, Sun Tzu, and maybe a new ship named Titan!
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

that would suck.

why not have the lucian alliance addict the galaxy to kassa? gives them insane power

Comment

I doubt any other earth ship could take out an ori ship. Without the kind of shield strength that a ZPM adds I think the Ori ship is likely to take out the Earth ship before it's destroyed itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X